Xmas (51)

Christmas Eve

"Kids we're home!" Aunt Verna yelled as she came through the door.

"Hey mummy!" Jason climbed down the chair and ran straight for the door. We were currently all in the cinema room watching Home Alone thanks to Jase but it seemed he didn't care anymore.

"How have you guys been without us?" Aunt Vera peered in as she saw her sons laying on the beam-bags plus me.

"It's been good, Delilah made us watch movies every night together." Jason said holding onto his mother's leg.

Aunt Verna smiled, "I'm glad because Jacqui and co are on their way soon for our family games night. I hope you guys are ready to lose."

Luke scoffed, "mum you never play because you're trying to keep the peace between your kids."

"That's only because I love you all equally." She grinned.

This time Mason laughed, "yeah right. We know your favourite." We all looked at Jason which made her laugh manically.

She held her hands up in defeat, "I am not admitting anything."

She took her bags and headed for her room. Uncle Fernando rolled through with my dad behind him.

"Hey daddy." I got up and hugged him from the door.

"How you doing princess?" He kissed my cheek.

"All good, I actually got you a Christmas present this year." I gushed.

"Oh I'm so glad, you were never good with gifts so I hope it's something useful." He teased and I poked him.

"Hey it can be returned." I hurt him and he laughed.

"What are the old road dawgs up to today?" I looked between them and Uncle Fernando looked at me as though as I'd lost my mind which made my dad laugh more.

"None of your business missy. We'll see you later." My dad practically pushed me back into the cinema room and closed the door.

I shook my head, "weird." But I snuggled back into my bean bag and went back to the movie.

About an hour later the rest of the Rodriguez family slowly started trickling in. Isabella and Malcolm had come in, then Jacqui, Parker and Maya and Isaiah and Ida were on the way. It was going to be a full house.

~~~~~

"I hope you are ready to lose!" Parker came in carrying bags of presents with him. Jacqui followed behind holding Maya in her car seat.

I went to the door to help them, they were the last to arrive, everyone else was in and settled.

"Hey sis." She smiled at me first and we hugged.

"I feel like we haven't hung out in ages." I pouted and I smiled at little Maya who was awake. She gurgled at me and I rubbed her belly.

"Because we haven't," She laughed. "Where is everyone?" Parker dropped the presents at the tree in the foyer and I guided them to the front room where everyone was now in. Everyone was laying on the couch with their hot chocolate and snacks.

They settled in and Aunt Verna automatically went to her grand daughter and pulled her out to cuddle her.

"Alright, family games night is ready to commence. Our first game for the night is Heads up. We're splitting up into teams, team leaders will be Isaiah and Jacqui as every year. Reminder you cannot choose your spouses." Uncle Fernando grinned. He had his Christmas hat on and in his pyjamas. Jacqui took her jacket off and stood up next to Isaiah.