Chap 63

Chapter sixty-three

Margeux POV

"This is literally torture," Margeux groaned as she scrubbed behind the toilet.

"Girl quit your whining," Jones snapped playfully. "If anything I should be the one whining cause I'm helping you clean your damn bathroom on Christmas Eve."

"Hey you offered," Margeux smiled as she took a break from scrubbing and sat up on her knees.

"I know I did," he sassed as he pursed his lips and continued to wipe the mirror with windex. "It's cause I love your stank behind."

"Well thanks again."

"Don't mention it," he said. "So why are we cleaning again?"

"Rae just wants every corner of this house to be squeaky clean by tomorrow."

"Da hell? Even the back of the toilet?"

"She checks everything."

"Well did she have to make you clean at freaking nine in the morning? I should be getting my beauty sleep."

"The sooner I start, the more time I get to do nothing."

"Don't you have some winter workouts or some shit you have to do for soccer or..."

"Well yeah," she sighed as she decided to start scrubbing again. "But one break won't kill me."

"And you couldn't have this mindset when we were in fucking high school?"

"Oh shut up," she laughed and soon he joined in with her.

Twenty minutes later the two finished scrubbing the entire bathroom and was making their way downstairs.

"I literally smell like your shit," Jones laughed as they descended the stairs. Margeux lightly pushed him from behind and rolled her eyes. Once they reached the bottom, they made their way towards the kitchen.

"Hey," Rae greeted as she mixed ingredients in a mixing bowl. "You finished cleaning yet?"

"I just-we just finished my bathroom," she said. She had corrected herself after Jones elbowed her side.

Rae smiled at this and nodded. "Good. How's everything else?"

"We were-I was going to clean the bathroom in the hall and vacuum the rugs and straighten out the living room."

"Don't forget to wipe up the dining table and sweep the floors and sweep the staircase. Oh and could you clean the guest room and wash the sheets? I also need you to sweep the sidewalk outside and take the trash out. And the windows need some wiping too and-"

"Damn Rae you sure as hell got no mercy on a younging on Christmas Eve," Jones interjected.

"So where's Rick?" Margeux asked after the three of them laughed at Jones.

"He went to go get the gifts wrapped."

"You didn't want to wrap them?"

"Not really," she sighed. "But I know you're only trying to avoid cleaning so the two of you need to get on it."

"Yes ma'am," Jones saluted before he dragged a groaning Margeux out of the kitchen, away from an amused Rae.

*****

"I just spent five hours of my life cleaning a house I'm only invited to like three times a year," Jones breathed as the two of them laid out on Margeux's bed in her room.

"Shut up. I never invite you over."

"You're right...I just invite myself when necessary."

"Speaking of inviting, do you know what Nadine is doing today? I forgot to ask her last night."