Chap 44

Chapter fourty-four

"Well this is it," Margeux announced as she opened the door to her dorm.

Kenzie followed and after her, Jerry.

"Cute," he smirks as he takes a look around.

Kenzie plops on her bed as she pulls out her phone and plugs in her earbuds.

"What am I gonna do with her?" Margeux sighed.

Jerry gave her a sympathetic smile as he approached her and took her by the shoulders.

"Listen, she'll come around. Trust me."

"Easy for you to say. She doesn't exactly hate you," Margeux explained.

Jerry just rolled his eyes. "She doesn't hate you. She's just..."

"Hating me? Yeah I know," Margeux said as she backed away from him.

His arms dropped to his sides as he gave her a concerned look.

"You alright?" He asked.

Margeux looked up into his eyes as he continued.

"I mean you're usually able to brush things off like this."

"How the hell do you expect me to brush something off like this?" Margeux asked, feeling offended. "She's my sister Jerry! I don't want my sister to hate me!"

She looks over to Kenzie who is completely oblivious to the fact that they're talking about her. Her eyes glued to the screen while her music blasted.

"Listen just-" Jerry started as he took a step forward but she shook her head and took a step back.

He scrunched his face in confusion as he took in her face.

She stood there and looked down at the ground as she heard Jerry sigh.

"Is there something bothering you?" He questioned worriedly. "You know besides your sister?"

How was she supposed to answer? Jerry bothered her at the moment cause he wasn't telling her everything.

He hadn't had a real conversation with her for a while and for him to just show up and expect everything to be fine...

"Margeux?" He asked, interrupting her thoughts.

She looked up at him as she grazed her teeth over her bottom lip.

"Why aren't you telling me everything?"

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion before he chuckled lightly.

"What do you mean? I've been telling you-"

"Cut it with the bullshit Jerry," she cut in abruptly. "Why are you here?"

He scoffed as his head moved back a little in shock. "I can't just come to see my girlfriend? Margeux I told you, I'm coming through."

"But why?" She asked. "And why not tell me earlier? And why didn't you wanna talk to me last night? And why don't you call anymore?"

"Okay is this some interrogation or what?" He chuckled.

"I'm not joking Jerry," she said. "You said you were gonna explain everything when we were at the plaza and then you said you had your reasons for blowing me off? Like what the actual fu-"

"Okay just calm down," he said as he took another step forward.

"I am calm," Margeux said as she rubbed her forehead with her fingers. "I'm just concerned Jerry."