Chap 36

Chapter thirty-six

Margeux POV

Two months later...

Margeux sighed as she placed her folded clothes into her suitcase neatly. She couldn't believe that it was finally the day that she'd be leaving Cockrell. She'd be leaving Texas. She'd be leaving home.

Summer had passed quickly for her. There really wasn't much she could do. She worked out a lot and did a bunch a training to prepare herself for college level soccer. Basically she just blocked everyone out.

She refused to create any more memories with the people she loved.

Her figure was alot better, a lot stronger. She lost some weight and gained some muscle, but she wasn't completely buff. She honestly loved her new look though.

She cut her hair just past her collarbone and everyone complimented her on how it made her look so much more mature.

It was just the look she was going for before she left for school in New York.

New York...

She gulped. She couldn't believe she was going so far. In a way, she didn't even understand why she chose NYU.

But then she remembered Zayn Malik and what he said to her.

As much as she wished she didn't, she really appreciated what he told her. He told her to not be afraid.

And she wasn't anymore.

Margeux zipped up her large black suitcase and dropped it from her bed to the floor.

She dragged it out her room and down the stairs. When she got downstairs, she left her suitcase near the front door and made her way to the kitchen where she heard Rick and Rae talking.

When she entered the kitchen, they both turned and smiled at her.

"Good morning," Rick greeted.

"Hey guys," she smiled as she took a seat on the stool next to Rae.

"Why does your flight have to be at six in the morning!" Rae exclaimed before she took a sip of her coffee.

"So y'all can get rid of me quicker," Margeux smiled as she nudged Rae in the arm and she chuckled a bit.

"You know we don't want you to go Margie," Rick winked as he poured his coffee into his red mug.

Margeux smiled. "We should be going soon then. It's almost four."

"Yeah you're right," Rick nodded as he glanced at his watch. "Hey was Kenzie up when you passed her room?"

Margeux shrugged. "I don't give a shit."

It was true. Margeux and Kenzie had grown apart over the past two months. They did a lot of fighting and arguing, and Margeux grew tired of it and just stopped trying with her. Kenzie and her didn't even talk anymore.

"Margeux," Rae said softly as she looked at her and she just rolled her eyes.

"Well no I didn't see her," Margeux said as she stood up and made her way to the fridge.

As she scanned its contents, Rick said, "Well I'm gonna go get her and then we'll leave."

Margeux grabbed a dinner roll and took a bite into it as she closed the door and turned around. Rae was getting up from her seat to go grab her keys.

"You wanna take your Hummer?" She asked as she fiddled with Margeux's keys.

She nodded her head as she swallowed the soft bread. "Yeah," she said softly.