Chap 60

Chapter sixty

She sighed as she put away the last of her clothes in her dresser.

Everyone else was downstairs lounging around, while Rick cooked up breakfast.

Jones offered to come upstairs and help, but she really wanted to be left alone for a bit.

She took her suitcase and threw it in the closet, not really caring what was knocked down as a clattering noise erupted from the inside.

Her hands wiped across her tired face as she stared at her neatly made bed.

Zayn sat on this bed. He slept there. They kissed.

But this was not the time to think about him.

No.

Her mind was occupied otherwise.

"Hey girl," a voice said as they entered the room.

A small, breathy chuckle fell from her mouth as she saw Jones take a seat on her bed.

"I'm already finished," she reassured as she walked over to her dresser.

"I don't give a damn," Jones sassed. "I came up here to see how you was doing. We ain't seen each other for how long and your stank behind wanna run upstairs and not say nothing to nobody."

"Jones I-"

"I have missed you so much like you don't understand," he carried on as if he didn't hear her. "It sucks being here knowing that you're out there doing things with your life and I'm just living here off of my parents as if I were still in freaking high school."

"It's not-"

"And now you're back and instead of catching up and laughing around, your stank behind is up here moping for some damn reason. So it's either you gonna tell me or you about to have a serving of whoop ass for breakfast."

She couldn't help but laugh as she shook her head.

"Is it really obvious that I'm upset?"

"Girl," he extended as he clapped his hands together. "The moment I done hugged you outside, I could practically taste the uneasiness from you!"

She tucked a strand behind her ear and shrugged. "I don't know what to do."

"I'll tell you what you can do."

With that he stood and walked up to her to take her by the shoulders.

"You need to come on downstairs and forget about whatever the hell it is you're so uptight about. It is about to be fucking Christmas and you walkin round sulking like a little piece of shit. The Lord don't want none of that this time of year now honey. You gots to get happy now!"

He shook her shoulders, causing her to laugh even more.

"Okay, okay."

"And I don't get why the hell you ain't happy to see me like damn! Making me feel like this is a one sided relationship and you know that I'm too lazy to be working this much. You gotta help me! Put in some effort towards this girl!"

Margeux pulled him in for a hug and he hugged her back tightly.

"Thanks Jonesy."

"You better be thanking me," he scoffed as they pulled away. "You up here making me walk up some stupid stairs. And then I gotta run my mouth and talk to you like you know this! I shouldn't be even saying nothing."

"Fine let's go then," she smiled.

Jones pursed his lips and nodded in agreement as he took her by the wrist to lead her downstairs.