Chap 41

Chapter forty-one

Margeux's POV

"Wh-what do you mean?" Margeux asked softly as she held the bag a little tighter in her hands.

Eleanor sighed as she walked over to her bed and sat down. She patted on the spot next to her and Margeux hesitantly approached her.

She sat down, keeping her eyes on Eleanor's as she did so.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Eleanor asked.

Margeux bit her bottom lip. "I don't know I just-"

"I mean, this isn't exactly something you should hide from me Margeux. After I told you Louis was my boyfriend like...you should've said something. I sensed you were feeling quite uneasy with me afterwards and I just-"

"Listen I'm sorry Eleanor," Margeux said as she stood up. "I'm sorry. I didn't tell you cause I knew you'd think I was a bitch and I-"

"Wait why would I think you're a bitch?" Eleanor laughed.

Margeux scrunched her face in confusion. "Because what I did was kinda bitchy."

Eleanor rolled her eyes. "Why would Liam, Niall and Zayn following you on twitter make you bitchy?"

Margeux took a step back in shock. "Wait what are you-"

"Margeux you should've told me," Eleanor interrupted. "I could help you you know?"

"Help me with what exactly?" Margeux asked as she sat back down, fearing she would faint from what Eleanor was saying.

"Listen, the boys' fans can be quite vicious when it comes to them interacting with girls. Trust me I know," Eleanor explained.

Margeux sat there looking dumbfounded, not knowing how to respond.

Eleanor chuckled a bit before she carried on. "You should've told me you knew the guys! I knew I've heard your name before and it was from Twitter. You were that one girl the fans were going crazy over cause of something Zayn tweeted right?"

Margeux took a huge gulp. "Yeah but-"

"But nothing Margeux. This is..." Eleanor sighed as her voice trailed off.

"This is serious. If you had told me earlier I would've made sure the cameras didn't take any pictures of you. I mean, who knows what controversy we must've stirred last night," she continued.

"I'm sorry I didn't think," Margeux sighed as she played with her fingers. She wasn't sure if she should feel relived or worried. "The whole twitter thing was dying out and I thought there'd be no harm in the two of us hanging out."

Eleanor gave her a small smile as she resteds her hand on her knee. "There is no problem Margeux. I just wished you hadn't acted so weird around me after I told you who I was dating."

"Yeah," Margeux said not knowing what to say.

Eleanor sighed as she removed her hand from Margeux's knee. "Ugh and I can't believe Louis didn't even remember who you were. I asked him if he heard of a Margeux before and he was all 'not sure but I'll ask the lads'."

Well at least she knew they didn't remember her. But why did it hurt so much?

"Oh," Margeux said trying to hide her disappointment. "Did any of the...did any of them...you know?"

Eleanor rolled her eyes. "Did anyone remember? Oh my gosh. The last time I talked to Louis he said it hadn't rung a bell. He mentioned he tried to tell Zayn but something came up?"