Chapter 32: Little Whispers

Author's NOTE: This chapter is going to have ADULT/MATURE CONTENT in it. Be aware. The chapter itself will have adult jokes or mentions of.

Thanks for reading! Love you all lots and I appreciate the comments! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 32: (Seraphina's POV)

My eyes watch as Edgar's right hand cracks the raw egg into the glass already dotted with chopped garlic bits at the bottom and his left hand pouring holy water from the pre-opened bottle directly afterward. A small smile graces my lips as he puts the bottle down onto the countertop, shortly replacing it with the glass of Frog Juice that he rapidly mixes with the coffee stirrer. "I can't believe he still drinks that stuff. And I can't believe you stick your tongue in his mouth after that, ew." Zoe joking whispers in my ear, stepping slightly in front of me at my side so I can see her tongue sticking out in disgust. 

"Old habits die hard. Not to mention he believes you can never be too careful. And I don't stick my tongue in his mouth afterward- he brushes his teeth first." I stick my tongue to retort hers, earning a mocking gasp of shock at the blatant information leaking from my lips. Her entire face scrunches up, her hands curling into her chest as if totally grossed out. "Nuh uh. Do not give me that look." Her shoulder turns to the left slightly as my hands push playfully on it. "You and Alan are not slick with the bruised lips and matching neck marks." 

Zoe's face brightens with pink hues splotching her skin across her cheeks, forehead, and parts of her neck. Her eyes move away from mine, glancing off to the side in an innocence I have never seen her mimic before. "Good morning." Alan's voice rings from behind me, his lips placing a kiss on top of my head before his footsteps sound and his hands lightly cover each of Zoe's shoulders. He leans in for a chaste kiss from her, but pulls away confused when she ducks her head to the opposite side in an avoidance of his affection. "Did I do something?" He inquires, ducking his head to meet her gaze. She shakes her head and a recognition of her hues clearly causes a thought in his head as he turns to me with an accusatory finger. "What did you do to my girlfriend?"

I shrug until I glance back at her face, finding a silent giggle crossing her expression almost like she's sharing the thought floating in my mind; the priceless expression that will be painted across Alan's face when I tell him the truth. "She was teasing me about kissing Edgar after he drinks the Frog Juice. And I replied to her mock disgust with a sly remark about the marks you two leave on each other." If I thought I had ever seen Alan embarrassed before in my life, this most definitely is the absolute highest, deeply felt form of it. A few jumbled words roll off his tongue though they make zero sense and scarlett drenches his complexion, most likely head to toe. 

Laughter comes from my left side, an arm slinging itself around my shoulder and tugging me further into his side which I openly lean into. I turn my head to the left and press my lips to his cheek, earning the sliding of his hand into my back pocket. "So, what are the plans for today?" Edgar's voice breaks the silence and effectively pulls Al and Zoe from their embarrassment induced trance. 

"Well, we were going to do a beach day." Alan puts the idea out in the air and Edgar sniggers from beside me. 

"You're going to turn into a human piece of jerky if you don't quit sunbathing every chance you get." My elbow lifts and nudges him softly in the side to remind him to be kind to his brother who had just gotten the ability to be in the sun back not that long ago. "I'm just saying. It's a warning for him to watch out for his skin. I know he just got-"

My body moves away from Edgar's grasp, sending him a pointed look before grinning at Alan. "You know I am always down for a trip to the ocean."

---------------------------