Chapter 13: Darlin in a Dress

Chapter 13: Third Person POV

The anxiety buzzed in the air around the two girls as the brunette goes rigid at the top of the stairs, out of view from their collective crowd standing below. Angel refuses to continue down the steps without Seraphina, knowing in the back of her mind that if she went first, there's no way the Emerson girl would follow. It's not unknown the quietest of the bunch always gets stuck in her head and no doubt would find a way to talk herself out of walking down the steps and showing her family and their close friends how beautiful she looked. 'Seraphina deserves this.'  

She deserved a day away from being one of the guys- not to mention the awestruck expression painted across Seraphina's face as she emerged from the bathroom with tears of joy brimming her eyes. The excitement had grew inside her and now is suddenly dwindling. "Go down first. I promise, I'll follow. I just need to take a deep breath." Seraphina pleas, desiring a single moment to herself. She needed to talk her mind off the ledge of anxiety it's on. 

With one last look at her friend, Angel nod in agreement and complies with her wish to be left alone. Seraphina can see the slowness in her movements and the hesitation in her muscles as the beautiful blonde descends the stairs. 'Ah's' and 'Oooh's' sounds from the crowd just around the corner. Seraphina's face heats up, listening to the chatter among her friends, well technically Angel's, and her family. 

Forcing herself down the first step, chanting in her head over and over that she'll be confident by the next four steps, her foot catches just right and she stumbles down the first three. Her hands brace her weight against the railing as she steadies herself on her two feet, inhaling deeply to rid herself of the nerves. Her eyes close for a moment before snapping open at the sound of Angel and Sam calling her name. 

She continues down, surprising herself as her walk is smoother than she had anticipated and she's getting the hang of it. As soon as her feet get off the last step and she makes the turn into the foyer, the audience goes quiet. Instead of focusing on the multiple expressions of shock that are beginning to turn to gasps, her eyes find themselves locked on the Frog Brothers in the corner near the fireplace. 

Alan, who can't take his eyes off the girl he'd begun to think of like a sister over the course of the last few years, taps his brother fervently to get his attention off their notepad full of plans for a future hunt

Alan, who can't take his eyes off the girl he'd begun to think of like a sister over the course of the last few years, taps his brother fervently to get his attention off their notepad full of plans for a future hunt. Confused as to the sudden disruption, Edgar glances lazily over at his brother who's expression has changed from serious and focused to dumbfounded and his mouth slightly ajar in wonder. Expecting his brother to at least look at him since nothing can hold his attention for that long besides a vampire attack, he is curious when Alan's gaze remains straight ahead. "What-" He turns to look over his shoulder, not bothering to turn around because he assumes it won't take long to tell Alan he's being stupid. Yet his voice cuts out and Edgar's once whirling mind goes blank once his eyes find the view Alan had. 

His entire body suddenly straightens up, his shoulders and feet moving to fully face the girl standing in a blue dress before them. Uncharacteristically a surge of heat flows through every part of his being forcing him to realize he's suddenly hot beneath the collar of his tux and for some reason it seems he can't find a single breath left in his lungs. He can't seem to look away from her.