Santa

Credit (jinglehoodrock)
A S H T O N
Katelyn stood behind Ashton in line, her hands gripped firmly on his pants leg as they neared the front. Who was that man with the beard and why did he wear so much red? Ashton reached down to rest his hand on Katelyn's head, trying not to lose track of her. You would kill him if he lost your only daughter in this massive mall.
"Are you excited, Katelyn?" Ashton asked quietly and she broke her stare with Santa for a moment to stare up at her dad.
She shook her head no and reached up so Ashton would pick her up off the ground, hopefully taking her out of this insane asylum she felt like she was in. Ashton held her tightly in his arms, but they didn't move from the line.
"I'll go in with you, is that okay?" Katelyn popped a finger in her mouth, starting to chew at her nail. Ashton quickly pulled it out of her mouth, raising his eyebrows at his daughter.
They were finally next in line. It didn't take long for the kids in front of them to finish the picture and Ashton stepped inside the red rope, letting Katelyn down to approach the guy with the beard.
"Aren't you adorable?" The man exclaimed. Katelyn stared up at him awestruck and she took a few steps closer, Ashton following close behind. He lifted her onto Santa's lap and stepped away a little.
"What would you like for Christmas, cutie?" He asked.
"I want a drum kit like daddy's." Katelyn said quietly, her fingers returning to her mouth. Ashton shook his head at his daughter's bad habit, a smile on his face.
"A drum kit? Aren't you a little small for that?" Santa looked over at Ashton, who was only beaming proudly at his daughter's choice.
"I guess I can put that on the list for you!" Santa ho-ho-ho'd and their picture was taken together before Katelyn was given a candy cane. They were finally done with their day at the mall.
"That wasn't too bad, was it, princess?" Katelyn held tightly to her dad's hand as they found their way to the car.
"Would you go again next year?" She frantically shook her head, causing Ashton to laugh.
L U K E
"Are you excited for Santa to come?" Luke asked your two-year-daughter, Lyla, holding her on his hip tightly.
"Cookies!" She screeched as Luke walked into the kitchen where you were finishing up with putting the small batch of cookies you'd made for the night on a plate to set out for Santa.
"Maybe if we ask mummy nicely, we can share one?" Luke smiled over at you widely and you couldn't resist the same smile that spread across Lyla's face.
"You two are just the same." You laughed, handing over one of the sugar cookies to Luke, who broke it apart with Lyla.
"Thanks mummy!" Luke said, handing Lyla's half to her.
"Thanks mummy!" Lyla repeated. You smiled.
"Luke, don't give her your half too!" You grabbed the cookie from his hand as he was handing it to Lyla. "She's gonna be on a sugar rush and she'll never go to sleep." You scolded, setting the half cookie down on the counter. You reached out your arms to your daughter, taking her away from Luke. "I think it's time for you to have a bath anyway, missy, so you can get to bed and Santa can come with your presents!" You tickled her and she laughed, sounding throughout the house.
Luke watched you take her away to the bathroom before grabbing onto the plate of cookies and carrying them out to the living room where they belonged.
"Is Lyla asleep?" Calum asked, taking his eyes off the television screen for a second to glance over at Luke. They'd come over to spend Christmas ever together before they spent it separately with their families tomorrow.
"In the bath." Luke set the plate down and each reached for a cookie.
"Best part about Christmas with Lyla is y/n's awesome cookies." Michael confirmed, biting into the one in his hand.
"Yes!" Calum, Ashton, and Luke said together. Ten minutes went by and there weren't any cookies left.
"Lyla, go say goodnight to your dad and uncles." Luke heard you from the bathroom and Lyla was running toward him in her penguin bath wrap. Luke grabbed onto her, hugging her tight.
"Good night, Lyla-bear." He kissed her cheek before passing her on to Ashton, then Calum, and finally Michael.
"Night Lyla." Michael started to press a kiss to her cheek before she stopped him.
"You have cookie on you, Uncle Mikey." She smiled, wiping it away before giving him a kiss of her own. "It's okay, I don't think Santa will mind that you ate his cookies." Lyla grinned as she slid down Michael's leg and onto the floor, heading back to the bathroom where you were waiting.
"Mate, you've been whipped by a two-year-old." Calum laughed before Michael pushed him.
"Shut up, at least she loves me."
M I C H A E L
You held Melody in your arms, rocking her carefully, waiting for Michael to get home for the evening from an emergency recording session that was only supposed to be an hour, but quickly turned into three hours.
"You better watch out. You better not cry. You better not pout I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town." You sang quietly. She was fussing and she couldn't get to sleep. "Please go to sleep my little Melody, for me." You finished in the same tune as before.
You sighed as she wiggled around in your arms. You didn't know what to do. You'd done everything from a warm bath to feeding her.You were getting anxious and really scared that your baby didn't like you at all.
Finally, you heard the door open. Melody continued wriggling in your arms uncomfortably as you stood from the rocking chair to meet Michael at the top of the stairs.
"Hey girls." He said quietly, leaning down to kiss your lips and then the top of Melody's head. "Sleep troubles?" Michael looked at you and saw the tiredness that lingered under your eyes. You nodded.
"I can't get my own baby to go to sleep." You cried, looking down at Melody, who was just staring back at you with those green eyes of hers.
"Okay, okay, it's okay." Michael cooed, setting down his guitar case on the top step and taking Melody from your arms. "How come you're being difficult for mummy, huh?" Michael gently rocked her back and forth.
"If you get her to sleep, Clifford.." You threatened, following him back into Melody's bedroom.
"Hey, she's just like daddy. Too mesmerized by how pretty mummy is to sleep." Michael winked at you before focusing the rest of his attention on Melody. "Isn't that right, Mel? Your mum is gorgeous. I think she deserves the best Christmas present of getting you to sleep though."
Michael gently deposited Melody back into your arms, resting one around your shoulder.
"Michael, she's not gonna sleep for me." You shook your head, trying to give her back to her dad so he could put her to bed.
"Just sing to her like I know you do when I'm not around." Michael encouraged, nodding his head.
"How'd you get to be so knowledgeable about parenting?" You teased, looking at up Michael.
"Just do it, will you?" Michael pinched your arm and waited for you to start singing again.
"You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town." You sang. You watched as her eyes started to droop shut finally after what felt like hours of trying. "I finally got my baby to sleep!" You whispered when she was completely out. You placed her in her crib, lightly covering her with her blanket.
Michael kissed the side of your head. "I told you it would work." Michael chuckled. "Mel's exactly like you; she can't sleep until she knows I'm safe at home."
C A L U M
Calum carefully slipped on the Santa costume. All the kids were coming over today and it was his turn to be Santa this year. The beard was a little scratchy, but he pulled it on anyway.
"How do I look?" He turned to ask you and you giggled.
"Missing a bowl full of jelly." Calum rolled his eyes at you, scoffing. You walked toward him, resting a hand on his stomach and pulling down the beard so your lips could meet. "I don't mind a lean Santa." You smiled.
The doorbell rang and you broke away from Calum. "Don't come down until I come get you, okay?" You instructed, heading downstairs to let everyone inside.
Your five-year-old son, Gavin, was the only boy amongst three girls in the 5sos family. And he wasn't exactly thrilled about it. Katelyn never wanted to play with him, only Lyla, and Melody was too little yet to play with, leaving Gavin to hang out with his dad and uncles.
"Hey Gavin!" Ashton smiled down at Gavin, letting go of Katelyn's hand as she went to go play. "How's my all star?"
"I'm good, Uncle Ashton." Gavin replied, earning a hair ruffle from his uncle.
"Where's your dad?" Luke asked Gavin, setting Lyla down on the floor.
"He's upstairs, I think." Gavin replied, shrugging.
"Alright, kiddos, let's sit down and I think Santa's on his way!" You announced. Katelyn pulled Lyla to sit down next to her and Gavin sighed, taking a seat as well. Michael held Melody in his arms, a smile on his face as he looked down upon his newborn.
You ran upstairs to grab Calum, telling him to grab the bag of toys that you'd had wrapped for this day. Gavin felt like he was way too old for this and he wasn't as excited as he used to be.
Calum came down in his Santa outfit, earning catcalls from the boys. Gavin's face turned into a grin when he saw who was in the Santa outfit.
"Ho ho ho!" Calum laughed. "I hear there's been some good little girls and a good boy here this year! I thought I'd bring your toys early!" Calum pulled the bag from behind his back and set it down. He reached inside and started handing out presents to Katelyn, and then Lyla, one to Melody and Michael, and finally he stood in front of his own son.
Gavin grinned up at his dad in the Santa costume. "How about a hug first, champ?" Calum opened his arm and Gavin clambered into them, tightly holding onto his dad. "Your mum and dad saved the best present for you, okay?" Calum let go of Gavin to reach back inside the bag.
It was just a small box, but Gavin was happy nonetheless. He opened the box and pulled out a shirt, one that said, 'I'm going to be a big brother.' His eyes shot over to you and then to Calum.
"A baby?!" Gavin cried. He hurried over to hug your waist, making sure to press his ear to your tummy to see if he could hear the baby. You ran your hands through your son's hair, smiling down at him. "Mum, I think it's a boy."
The group started laughing, knowing exactly how much Gavin needed a brother in his life.