Rings

Credit (5-secondsofsummer-preferences)

Michael:

As he brought out the tiny box, your eyes were wide, watching as he took a deep breath and looked towards you. You didn't want to jump to conclusions and hope for a ring in the box, I mean, it could easily be a necklace or earrings. But somehow you knew what it was, just the way he had been acting all cheesy and love-y during your whole date. It wasn't even a special occasion, he just said that he hadn't treated you in a while and just wanted to take you out. But now, it seemed like maybe he did have a better reason for planning out such a nice night. Your heart beat quickened as he let a crooked grin cover his face and eased down so that one of his knees touched the floor. You bit your lip trying to hold back a ginormous smile, but it was hardly working. "Y/N.. I've known for a while now that you... that you're the one. I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else and I just... I... Damn it." He mumbled, looking like he lost his train of thought. "You know, I had a whole big page of things to say, but I-I just, you still have this way of making me nervous, and I don't think it'll ever go away.. And I kind of don't want it to. I want to feel like that always. I want to forget what I was saying just from looking at you, because that's what you do to me, that's how much I love you. Y/N, I want to spend forever with you, if you'll let me." He finished, opening the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. A tear fell down your cheek before you even realized that they were building up, and you finally let your smile show. You nodded your head just a little bit looking back at him, "Yea?" He raised his eyebrows. "Yes!" You said loudly, nodding your head more excitedly now. He laughed as you lunged down towards him, hugging him like there was no tomorrow. He stood up with you still holding onto him and you pulled back just enough so that your lips connected with his in a passionate kiss. You both broke away from the kiss smiling as he pulled your hand from around his neck. He gently slid the ring onto your finger and adjusted it so that it was perfect. He brought it up to his mouth and kissed the back of your hand. "I love you so much" He breathed out.

Luke:

He paced back and forth through the hotel room that he shared with Calum. Soon you would be getting off of your plane and be heading his way. You had told him not to bother with picking you up because you didn't want to be bombarded with teenage girls after such a long flight. He ran his hands through his hair while falling back on the couch. Calum sauntered over and sat next to him, bumping his shoulder against Luke's. "Just do it. Stop over-thinking it so much. It's not like she's going to hate it, it's a ring. Stop worrying, she loves you just as much as you love her and she'll be happy with it." Luke let out a sigh and nodded his head, taking what his friend said into consideration. But there was still this horrible thought circling in his head that it just wasn't the right time. When you finally arrived the guys hugged you and told you that Luke had asked if you two could have his and Calum's room for the night and that he had something special planned. You couldn't believe that Liz had agreed, but apparently she didm't mind. What could he have possibly been planning, though? You decided to just go with it instead of asking questions that probably wouldn't get answered anyways. As soon as you opened the door you could smell something that had your mouth watering, seeing as you hadn't eaten since early this morning. You sat your bags down and made your way into the room, looking around to see the dim lighting of quite a few candles. A small smile slipped onto your lips when you walked around a dividing wall to see a small table set for two. Suddenly someones arms wrapped around your waist from behind, making you jump a little. Luke chuckled and nuzzled his face into your neck. "I missed you." He whispered, making your heart melt. You relaxed into him for just a second before moving his arms so that you could turn around. "I missed you too" You mumbled before leaning up to kiss his lips gently. Throughout dinner the two of you just caught up on what was going on in the others lives and told funny stories that you hadn't had time to tell over the phone or Skype. When both of you finished eating, Luke started acting kind of strange. He got really quiet and kind of fidgety. You reached over and grasped his hand, making him look up at you. "What's wrong?" You questioned in concern. He took a deep breath and stood up, walking over to the cabinets to take something out of the drawer. You watched curiously as he came back over and scooted his chair closer to yours. He sat down and took out a small box that looked similar to something an engagement ring would be encased in. "Now.. I thought this over for a really long time. I just, I don't want to freak you out or anything, like you don't have to even accept it but I just wanted to make it clear how I feel about you." He opened up the box so that a cute little ring could be seen. Shock was clearly written all over your face as you stared at it with wide eyes. "You can breath, I'm not proposing." He said with a small laugh. You frowned your eyebrows in confusion while looking from the ring back to him. "It's a promise ring. I wanted to show you that no matter how far I go, or how long I'm away from you, I'll always love you. And maybe, if you want, it could be like a way of saying that some day, when we're older, we'll get married." He licked his lips and looked at you, anticipating your answer. "Luke, oh my god, that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard..." You whispered while reaching out to cradle the side of his face in your hand. He leaned forward and kissed your lips softly while taking your left hand in his. You felt the cold little circle slide onto your ring finger and you couldn't keep the smile off of your face. "I love you so much Luke."

Calum:

He nervously rubbed his sweaty palms onto his jacket, making Mali glare at him. She quickly fixed his tie and gave him a once over, deciding that he was ready. "Okay, don't do anything to screw up your hair, or the tux. Just stay right here while I go make sure Y/N's doing okay." She said leaving the room hurriedly. She rushed into your dressing room to see your best friend touching up your hair and a nervous look covering your face. She gave you a smile and told you that the ceremony would start in about ten minutes. You smiled back and nodded your head, only to be scolded by your friend. When she came back into Calum's room he was pale in the face and looked absolutely terrified. The other boys were rushing around the room searching for something. They were throwing things around and looking in every small space possible. Mali confusedly looked at her brother and he opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. "Calum..' She warned, frowning at him. "It was right here, I swear! But then it just disappeared and now I don't know what to do! How are we gonna get married if I can't find the ring!" He groaned in frustration. He was so confused when Mali started giggling which only made her laugh harder. "Cal you dummy, you made me keep up with it for you, because something like this was likely to happen." Calum blew out a puff of air and all of the guys sat down, calming themselves from all of the panic. Someone opened the door and told them that they needed to get into their places, and that the wedding should begin soon. Mali took the ring from her bag and walked over, handing it to Calum. He smiled as he looked at it, he may have been nervous before, but now, he was just happy. Happy to know that in just a matter of minutes, you would be his wife and that this ring would be on your finger, hopefully, for the rest of your life.

Ashton:

He watched sadly as the tears flowed freely from your eyes. Your lip began shaking as you opened your mouth to speak. Only a small sound that couldn't even be considered a whisper came out. But when you spoke again, it was much louder, much more confident. "Why?" You asked, looking him straight in the eye, somehow feeling confident through all of the pain. A tear could be seen, falling down his cheek as he shook his head. "Baby please, it was a stupid mistake. I-I, she didn't mean anything, and it was so long ago, like, when we first got together-" You let out a sarcastic laugh, making him look up at you with confusion. "What Ashton, do you honestly think that anything you just said makes this situation any better? If anything it just makes it worse because you've been lying about it for basically our whole relationship!" You yelled angrily. Before he could even speak again you had a bag ready, throwing whatever you could fit into it that belonged to you. He was sobbing as he sat on the side of the bed, begging you to just stop. You couldn't help but let the tears fall, no matter how mad you were. You had been together almost three years, and you had just found out that he cheated on you the whole first month that you two had started dating. When you zipped up the bag Ashton looked up at you, making you want to just forget about everything and hold him in your arms, but you just couldn't. If he really loved you, he would've told you the truth a long time ago. So you walked over to stand in front of him, looking down at your hand as you slid the ring off of your finger slowly. He let out a hushed 'no' and the look on his face was painful just to look at. When you laid it on the bed next to him, he completely lost it, full on pleading you not to go. But you just held up your hand and grabbed your bag. "We'll talk later. But right now, just let me have my space." And with that, you left him clutching your engagement ring tightly as he cried himself to sleep.