Chapter 31

***NIALLS POV***

I came down the steps and nearly rammed right into Harry. 

"Sorry," I mutter, moving around him. He looks at me a moment longer before nodding and continuing upstairs. I roll my eyes and head to the kitchen. To my surprise Louis was there waiting. He's never usually awake before ten, and right now the clock read nine fifteen. 

"You're up early," I observe. 

"Mmhmm." 

"You okay, mate?" I ask, taking the orange juice carton from the fridge. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just had a chat with Haz. Can we talk?" he asks, motioning to the chair next to him. I give a confused look, but take the seat anyways. 

"What's up?" 

"You and Harry can't be mad at each other. Seriously, for the sake of the band. It's obvious, the tension between you guys, and no matter what you say or how you try to act in public the fans are noticing too. As for Leah....that's up to you to figure out, but the boys and I need you and Harry to make up because whatever is going on now isn't working." 

"I'm not mad at him," I mumble. 

"Niall, don't give me that shit. It's quite clear that you want nothing to do with him, especially when he's around Leah. You either need to get used to it or work something out with him because, like it or not, they're dating and they're around each other a lot. This....this silent treatment you're giving each other is affecting all of us." 

"What do you want me to do, Louis? Sit back and watch Leah crawl all over him? Do you even remember all the shit I've been through to win her over, and just like that she's back to him! It's hard to see, so until you experience it for yourself don't tell me how I should cope with it!" I stormed upstairs, slamming my bedroom door. 

I have no one left to talk to. No one gets it. After all this time and I finally find my princess, only to have her stolen away by my best friend. It's not fair. Nothing seems fair. I hate saying this because whether I'm happy with him or not he's still my best mate, but Harry doesn't deserve her. 

Then again, given the way I've acted about all this is the past few months, neither do I. 

***LEAHS POV***

"Come in!" I call as someone knocks on my bedroom door. Harry walks in and a smile spreads across my face. "Hey." 

"Hi," he says, running a hand through his curls. I was sitting on my couch watching TV. He sits next to me and drapes an arm over my shoulders. 

"Is everything okay?" I ask, scrunching up my eyebrows. 

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." He smiles. 

"You're sure?" He just seemed like something was on his mind. 

"Leah, drop it," he snaps, his voice harsh. It surprised me. 

"Okay....sorry."

A moment of silence passed. 

"Maybe we should break up," he says. I'm not going to lie, it shocked me. I stared at him, examining his face for some sort of emotion. He stared at his lap with a blank expression. I furrowed my eyebrows together. 

"What? Why?" I totally was not expecting this. We weren’t having problems or anything like that. Well, besides everything with Niall, but I figured that was something we were dealing with.

He wouldn't look at me. He kept staring off in different directions, looking everywhere but at me. 

"This isn't working." 

"What about this isn't working, Harry?"

He keeps quiet for a moment. As he was about to speak, I stopped him. 

"Is this about Niall?" I ask knowingly. He goes silent again. "Is it?" 

"No," he mumbles. "I mean, we both have a lot going on. You have your career that's just barely starting out, and I think you should focus on that. As for me, I have the band to think about. The tour is coming up and all that. Plus, you're Louis's sister and I wouldn't want him to ever be mad at me for anything that happened between us so-" 

"Harry, stop," I say, hearing enough. "Just, stop." He finally glances up at me only to look away a second later. "None of that has ever been a problem before. I don't see why it's a problem now." 

He plays with the hem of his shirt. 

"Did something happen? Did someone say something to you?" I ask, putting a hand on his shoulder. 

"No," he mutters. "I just don't want to do this anymore." 

"And I'm supposed to believe that?" 

"Yes. I love you, Leah. Honestly, I do, but we can't be together anymore. I'm sorry." He was about to stand up. I lightly grabbed his wrist before he could reach the door. 

"Give me a good reason," I demand. 

"There's a lot of reasons. I mean, I love you, but I'm not the only one that you love back. I know that for a fact and-" 

"It is about Niall! Harry, don't let him get in the middle of things!" I yell, running a hand through my hair. 

"He's not the only reason," Harry snaps in a tone I've never heard him use with me before. With anyone for that matter. 

"I don't know why you're doing this then," I say in a small voice. I could feel the lump in my throat forming. He looks me over and a flash of sympathy crosses his face for a second.

"I'm sorry." 

Then he was gone. 

Harry Styles just broke up with me. 

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! So I hope you like the chapter. I haven't had time to get on Wattpad lately :/ sorry! I've been busy! Please vote and/or comment! Thanks a bunch! Love you<3 byee!