Chapter 15

I wake up and go downstairs for breakfast. I make myself some Nutella toast. No one was up yet so I was the only one in the kitchen. 

I hear footsteps and moments later Niall appears in the doorway. He smiles at me. I smile back. 

"Hey," he says. 

"Hey." As he makes his way to the fridge Liam and Zayn come down. Then Louis. Then Harry. 

"Morning boys. Morning babe," he says, smiling at me and pecking my cheek. I smile back at him as the other boys stare at us. I guess he hadn't told them. I suspected he would. 

I look at each of their expressions carefully. Niall looked surprised and a bit pissed off. Louis was looking at Niall. Zayn just looked pleasantly surprised, smiling at Harry. Liam was smirking at Harry. Harry just pretended not to notice their shocked faces as he rummaged through the cabinets for some cereal.

I quickly finish my toast and practically run back up to my room. Moments later I hear a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I call. 

"It's Niall," comes a familiar Irish accent. I bite my lip. Should I tell him to go away? To come back later? 

I find myself getting up from my bed and walking across the room to open the door. I keep my arms crossed and stare at the ground. I move out of the doorway so he can come inside. He closes the door behind him. 

"After you just left Harry told us that you're dating..." 

I nod my head. "We are."

"Since when?" 

"Last night." He stares at me for a while. I try to avoid looking into his eyes. He walks over to me and has us both sit down on the couch. 

"Listen to me, okay?" I nod. "Harry is....I don't know how to explain this without sounding like I'm trying to break you guys up." He sighs. "Do you remember at the hotel? When I asked you if you believed Harry when he said he loved you?" 

"Yes. I remember."

"Then what am I missing here?" I turn my head to look out my window. 

"I'm giving him a chance. One chance to prove that I'm wrong about him," I explain.

"But Leah, you're not wrong about him. I've known him for years now. I've seen him with a million girls. I just....I don't want you to get hurt." He was staring right at me but I refused to meet his gaze. 

"I appreciate it. But I'll never know unless I give him a shot."

Niall sighs, defeated. "I'm glad you're happy...for now. And I'm glad Harry's happy too. Just, please, be careful..." He gets up and leaves. When the door shuts I lay back on my couch, thinking about what Niall said. 

-NIALLS POV-

I clench my fists, resisting the urge to punch something as I go back to my own room. I should have expected this. Harry always gets the girl he wants. I just didn't think Leah would be senseless enough to fall for his charm. 

It's weird. The lads and I have never liked the same girl before. When I saw him kiss her cheek today I wanted to scream. I don't know how I'm going to handle seeing them together and acting like it's not killing me inside. 

I hear a sudden knock on my door. Before I can answer Louis comes in. "You okay mate?" 

"I'm not sure yet."

"Don't worry. You know Harry. I'm sure once he finds someone else things will end. Then that's your chance." I look up at him. 

"I don't want her to get hurt."

"Neither do I. She's my sister," he points out. "Neither of them seem to be in love. I'm sure it won't hurt either of them that much if they break up."

"If Harry doesn't love her then why are they dating?!" 

"Because you know how Harry is. He doesn't stop. Just give it time. You'll find your princess, Nialler." I put my head in my hands. 

"I've already found her," I say. "She's just already taken."