Chapter 13

-NIALLS POV-

"This is so awesome!" Leah exclaims as we find our seats at the concert. I smile. So far she seemed to be having a fun time.

The band came onstage and began to perform their song The Man Who Can't Be Moved. I chuckled at some of Leah's crazy dance moves.

"What's so funny?" she asks, playfully slapping my arm.

"You're cute when you dance," I blurt out.

Why did I just say that? I can't flirt with her. Harry will kill me. It’s one thing to tell Louis how I feel about her, but it's another to actually try to win her over when Harry likes her. That's something completely different.

She blushes and looks at her feet. "Thanks," she mumbles before continuing to dance to the music.

When the concert ends we go back to the car. It started raining at some point during the concert so now the ground was all wet. We had to run to the car to keep from getting soaked.

We didn't really speak much after I called her cute. Why did I do that? I'm sure I’ve made our friendship weird now.

"That was really fun," Leah says after we both pull on our seatbelts. She smiles at me. "I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime." I smile back at her.

"Couldn't agree more." I start to drive home. We talk on the way there. I was happy that awkward barrier was broken down. It was a pretty long drive from the concert back to the house. About halfway through the drive, the car started to slow down.

"Umm what's wrong with the car?" she asks, looking confused. 

"I'm not sure...."

"Did you fill it up with gas?"

"It's Harry's car, not mine. I asked him before we left and he said 'I think it's full'"

She rolls her eyes. 

"Obviously he thought wrong. Look at the tank meter." 

It was empty. I groan in frustration. 

"What are we supposed to do now?" she asks, looking a bit worried. 

"I have my phone, we can call someone to pick us up." She nods and I grab my cell phone. I try to call, but get no signal. Great...

-LEAHS POV-

After trying to get a hold of someone through both of our phones and having no luck we decide to get out and walk in the rain. It sucked because besides the road there was nothing around us but grass. I could see a few buildings in the distance but that was it. That was where we were headed now, hoping that someplace would have a phone or something that actually worked.