Chapter 20

When I broke up with Harry he seemed sad. I felt awful, but I felt worse when I dated him without loving him. He wasn't mad at Niall. Thank God. He was actually quite understanding. He said that he knew I was in love with Niall. That he could tell by the way I looked at him. He said he knew this day would eventually come. I was glad he didn't seem too hurt by it.

There was also the whole audition thing going on tomorrow. I thought of a song to sing for Simon but I never thought I would be ready enough. Or good enough. The boys all kept assuring me I was great. I finally had the courage to sing in front of them. Oh God, now I get to sing in front of one of the most famous people on earth. Someone I had also never met before. What if I choke up and sing awful?

"Whatcha thinkin bout?" Niall asks me. We were sitting outside on the porch. The hot sun blazed down. Summer weather. I hugged my knees to my chest as I sat next to Niall on the small bench. His arm was around me and we were just sitting outside alone together enjoying the sun. 

"Tomorrow," I answer truthfully. He sighs.

"I've told you a million times. You're going to do great. Uncle Simon is a lot nicer than he seems at first."

I guess I still looked nervous because Niall sighed again and picked me up bridal style.

"NIALL! Please put me down! I hate being carried!"

"Nope." He walks towards the pool. My eyes widen.

"No. No no no. Please do not throw me in the pool," I beg.

"Oh, I wasn't going to. I was going to jump in with you, but now that you brought it up...." he smirks. I shake my head.

"I'm not even wearing a swimsuit!" I call out just before he drops me into the water. I swam back up and glared at him. He was laughing. "Could you help me out at least?" I ask, holding out my hand. He grabs my hand and I pull him in with me. "Revenge is a bitch, isn't it?" I say grinning. He laughs and nods.

"It sure is." He smiles evilly and sinks under the water. He was so deep down that I couldn't see him. I bit my lip nervously.

"Niall?" I looked around. "Niall? You can come up now...." Everything was silent. Too silent. I felt something grab my ankle. I screamed before my boyfriend pulled me down with him. He grinned at me underwater, pecking me on the lips. I grinned back and jumped out of the pool, hiding behind a bush before he had the chance to resurface. He looked around for me.

"Leah?" When his back was turned I ran up and jumped on him in the water. We both went down and Niall pecked my lips underwater. I finally got out of the pool and sat on the edge. Niall did the same.

"You got me all wet," I complain.

"Wet hug!" he calls before wrapping his arms around me. I laugh.

"CANNONBALL!" Liam yells before jumping in and splashing us. The other boys followed him out the back door.

"Thanks for that," I say sarcastically, smiling as I grab a dry towel.

"Anytime," Liam answers, smiling proudly.

"Are we interrupting a cute couple moment?" Zayn asks overly excited. I smile and roll my eyes.

"Yes. Go away," Niall jokes, sticking out his tongue at Zayn as he snakes his arm around my waist.

"LARRY FOREVER!" Louis yells, jumping into Harry's arms. I laugh.

"You guys are so strange. I'm going to dry off," I say smiling as I make my way towards the house.

I know why he threw me in the pool in the first place. To get my mind off of tomorrow. It didn't work because thoughts of everything that could go wrong played through my head repeatedly as I turned on the shower. When I finished I changed into lazy clothes. Sweatpants and a cami.