Chapter 18

This morning I called Carly and explained everything that happened so far between me and Harry and Niall. It's all very fucked up. She told me to follow my heart. What good does that help? My heart is telling me to go in eighty different directions. If it could just pick one direction then everything would be easier....

In the end I decided I would stay with Harry. I would talk to Niall and try to make him understand he was wrong about Harry. I had a plan to make it all happen today, but I needed to find the right time.

I started to walk downstairs when I passed Niall's room and heard a sound. The sound of a guitar. I smiled, remembering our time at the zoo and how he told me he would teach me to play.

Yeah, that never happened. 

I creaked open the door and saw him sitting on the edge of his bed, strumming to the tune of She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. He was singing along and I caught myself smiling as I watched him. I decided to make my presence known. 

"You're good at that," I say, walking further into the room. He looked surprised I was there and stopped singing and playing. "No, keep going," I encourage. He just stares at me for a bit. I roll my eyes. "What? I'm not allowed to talk to you now?" 

"I just don't want your boyfriend to get upset," he says, a hint of annoyance in his voice as he gives a weak smile and returns his attention to his guitar. 

"Niall-"

"Forget it."  

I sigh. "I came to talk to you."

"About?" 

"Harry."

He rolls his eyes. "Of course."

I narrow my eyes at him. "Don't be a douche about it or I'll leave and ignore you until Louis forces me to speak." 

"Fine. Go on." 

"He's changed."

"Wow. If I had a dollar for every time I heard that one...." 

"Niall! Shut the fuck up!" I yell, getting annoyed at his constant interruptions. 

He smirked a bit, but didn't say anything. 

"I think that he actually loves me so I'm going to stay with him. At least for now." 

"Do you love him?" he asks, tuning his guitar. 

"What?" 

"Well I don't know your system, but usually in a relationship both people love each other instead of just one person loving the other," he says a bit sarcastically. 

I roll my eyes. "I'm not sure." He looked up from his guitar for a moment and looked at me before returning his attention. 

"What makes you think he's changed?" he asks me. 

"I don't know. Something tells me that he actually cares about me." He gives me a weird look. "What?" 

"I know you think he's different or whatever. But I've been around for a while. He's gone through more girlfriends than I can count, and most of them have said something similar to what you’ve just told me. I just don't want you to be another victim."

"Why does that concern you?" 

"Because I.....it just does!" he sighs and stands up, placing his guitar on its stand and turning around to face me. "Leah, I care about you. You're my...friend."

"Harry's your friend too." 

"I know that. And I want him to be happy. But he can be happy with basically anyone. He thinks right now that he can only be happy with you because right now you're his target. Give it a month. I just don't want you getting hurt." 

"Why do you care so much?!" I wanted to know. Niall has been giving me this advice over and over again for a while. Why is it so important to him that I don't get hurt? 

"Because I-" he cut himself off mid-sentence and angrily turned his head away. 

"You what Niall?" I ask, crossing my arms. He can't control me. If that's what he's trying to do it's not working. He turns towards me again and examines my face for a moment. After a second he leans down and smashes his lips into mine. 

AUTHORS NOTE

so someone commented on chapter 16 and guessed that this would happen and that was @kenzie_ginger23 so like CONGRATS GURL XD smarticle particle ;D anyways woah like i bet you've been waiting for that for awhile now O_O yeah i knew it would happen but you didnt ^_^ For all you knew it could have been like chapter 46 and they would still be in the friend zone XD YOU SHOULD THANK ME FOR NOT PUTTING YOU THROUGH THAT KIND OF TORTURE lmao jk but still comment what ya think and vote if you ship Neah :D loln OH and someone asked me a question. Q: Why do you call your fans poptarts? A: Because 'fans' is a boring word and poptarts is funner(: [yes i just said funner. get over my poor grammar XD] and besides who doesn't love poptarts? (: well actually a lot of people but whatevs hehehe lol well bye<33 love youuu POPTARTS<3