Chapter 25

"LEAH!"

"CARLY!" I shout back. We were on Skype video chatting.

We laugh at our weirdness. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Okay so I have a surprise for you," she says grinning.

"What is it?"

"I can't tell you. But it should arrive by tomorrow."

"WHAT IS IT?!" I yell excitedly. She laughs.

"You'll find out." I roll my eyes, smiling.

"This is cruel."

"I know. But you love me so it's all good." She smiles wide and I chuckle.

"You're lucky I do."

"Well your love can wait, cause I have to go," she says. I laugh.

"Okay. Bye." She makes a weird face and ends the call.

I wonder what her big surprise is. I crawl into bed since it was almost ten and flick off the light.

***

I walk downstairs in the morning and open the fridge. As I scan over my options for breakfast I feel strong arms lift me off the ground. I squeal.

"NIALL! Please put me down!" He chuckles and puts me down. "Thank you." I smile and kiss his lips.

"Good morning!" he says happily in his adorable accent. "What should we do today?" he asks, hopping onto the kitchen stool and taking a bite of an apple. I shrug. The doorbell rings and Niall and I exchange confused looks.

"Um...who could that be?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Maybe a fan?"

I walk to the door and look through the peephole. I see Carly standing there with her hand on her hip as she tapped her foot impatiently. My eyes widened and I flung the door open.

"Oh my god you loser what are you doing here?!" I scream excitedly. She smiles wide and hugs me.

"I missed you freak!" she says back laughing. I let her in and we talk for a bit until I spot Niall watching us from the kitchen doorway. He was leaning against the wall looking at us curiously.

"Oh! Niall, come here," I say, waving him over and smiling. I grab his hand and lace our fingers together. "This is Carly, my best friend from America."

"Hi," he says smiling at her. She was staring at him. I chuckle, forgetting she was the biggest One Direction fan I know. I snap my fingers in front of her face.