Chapter 32

I didn’t think it was possible to feel so alone.

I really had no one to talk to. Whoever I explained this to would tell me I’m wrong. They would tell me that I was stupid for not taking peoples advice when it was given to me. The annoying part is that they’d be right.

Right now I wanted Niall back more than I’ve ever wanted anything else before in my life. I didn’t even care if he was my boyfriend or not. I just wanted to be able to talk to him and not have it be weird. I needed a friend like him right now. If only we were still friends.

Part of me wishes none of this ever happened. I wish none of the boys ever had feelings for me so I wouldn’t have to go through this now.

“Leah, Louis said he had to talk to you,” Zayn says, poking his head in my room. That’s when he noticed me sitting on the floor with my back to the wall and tears streaming down my face. “Oh my god…Are you okay?” he asks, coming closer.

“No,” I admit. “Not at all.”

“What happened?”

“I was fucking adopted. That’s what happened. Maybe if I didn’t show up eighteen years late none of this bullshit with Harry and Niall would be happening. Maybe my life would be entirely different and I wouldn’t be sitting here crying because some jerk who everyone told me not to trust just broke my fucking heart,” I vent.

“What did Harry do?”

“He broke up with me. No explanation. Not a single good reason. He just out of nowhere thought it would be best if we weren’t together.”

Zayn looked like he felt bad for me. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asks, sitting next to me.

“I can’t even talk to Niall about it because of whatever’s going on. He even told me this would happen and I didn’t believe him and now I just feel awful,” I explain.

“Well, this is something I really can’t help you with.”

“What should I do?”

“It sounds to me like you miss Niall.”

“I do. I miss him like crazy.”

“Then what do you think you should do?” he asks, raising an eyebrow.

I know exactly what he was getting at. I have to make up with Niall. The only problem with that is there’s no way he’s forgiven me.

I sigh and thank Zayn. He leaves and I lie down on my bed trying to think of a solution to this incredibly massive problem. I think back to when I first came to England. I didn’t want to date any of the guys because I didn’t want there to be any drama within the band because of me. Now it seems that’s all there really is.

Why did I let myself get involved in all of this?

I’m such an idiot.

Ringing from my computer startles me. I guess I forgot to log out of Skype. I walk over and see its Lottie calling me. I sigh and press answer, putting on a happy face for her.

“Hey!” she says when I answer.

“Hey, what’s up?” I ask.

“Nothing much.” A moment passes. “What’s wrong?” she asks.

“Nothing, why?”

“You seem unhappy about something.”

I take a deep breath. That didn’t take long to figure out.

I explain my dilemma to Lottie. When I’m finished she gives me a sad smile.

“What should I do?” I ask, running a hand through my hair.