Chapter 23

"He won't answer his phone," Harry explains, his iPhone pressed to his ear as he tried to reach Louis. 

"Why didn't you guys tell us while we were out?" I ask, running a hand nervously through my still wet hair. 

"Your phones were off," Liam tells me. 

"Maybe the reporters spotted him somewhere. I'll check online," Zayn says, grabbing his laptop. I take deep breaths and Niall looks at me worriedly. 

"We'll find him. I promise," he tells me. 

"I really hope you're right." 

"Um, guys..." Zayn says. "I think I found out where he is." 

We all crowd around Zayn's computer to see what he was looking at. It was Louis, clearly drunk, at a bar. 

"How is he planning to get home?!" I freak out. "He had to have driven there! If he drives home he'll...he'll..... oh my gosh.... we have to go find Louis. Like NOW!" 

Niall stands in front of me and puts his hands on my shoulders. "It's going to be okay. We'll go get him and bring him home. You stay here." 

"I'm coming." 

"Leah, really, it would be easier if-" 

"Niall, he's my brother. I'm coming with you. I need to make sure he's okay." I cross my arms stubbornly. Niall sighs. 

"Okay," he says in a defeated tone. 

"Let's go! We don't have all day!" I yell, quickly walking to the car. Niall follows. The other boys talk quickly for a moment before Harry runs to catch up. We jump in the car with Harry in the back, me in the passenger seat, and Niall driving. "Zayn and Liam?" 

"Not coming," Harry informs me. "In case he gets here before we reach him." I nod. Harry probably wanted to come because he's closest to Louis of all the boys. I didn't care who came as long as I was there to be sure my brother was alright. 

Why would he get drunk and not tell anyone where he is? Something must be wrong. He's smarter than that. Whatever it is, it's making me extremely worried. 

When we reach the bar I spot Louis, trying to unlock his car. My eyes widen and I jump out before the car's even stopped. I hear Niall and Harry both yelling after me not to get out yet, but I didn't listen. I wedged myself between the driver’s door and Louis. 

"Hey!" he says, his voice obviously slurred. "That's my car, not yours." 

"Louis, you're drunk." 

"Pshh no I'm not. You're drunk." 

"Come on Lou," I say. "Niall and Harry are here. We need to go home."