Chapter 26

"I don't understand. What do you think I should do?" I ask Carly after I finish my long rant explaining everything that Harry said. I look over and see her smiling at her phone. "Carly? Are you listening?"

"Hm?" was her ever so intelligent response. I roll my eyes. "Sorry," she says. She looked apologetically at me for a moment before her phone dinged and she looked at the screen, once again smiling.

"Who are you texting?" I ask her. She glances at me and tries to cover up her grin. "It's Zayn, isn't it?" I ask knowingly. She slowly nods, smiling like an idiot. I chuckle. "Did he ask you out yet?"

"No! It's driving me insane!" she yells. I laugh. "He broke up with Perrie, apparently cause of me, and I feel awful! But if he's going to do that then he might as well ask me out...”

"He will. Just wait." She sits and stares at her phone until it dings again. When it does she jumps up and her thumbs tap away at the speed of lightning. I sit and look out my window thinking of how I'll get Harry to be my friend.

"AHHHH!" she squeals. My head snaps around to look at her.

"What happened?" She keeps squealing as she runs over and shows the phone to me. She kept jumping up and down so I had to hold it to keep it still.

From Zayn<3: *"maybe wanna hang out sometime? Just us? (: xx"*

I smile and hand her the phone. "I'm so happy for you!" She kept jumping and I chuckled.

***

I sat there and played with the ends of Niall's hair as he kept his arm around my shoulders.

"Wanna do something tomorrow night? Like see a movie or something? Carly and Zayn are going out and Liam will be with Dani. I'm pretty sure Harry still is ignoring me and Louis only talks about Eleanor now. It's going to be so boring," I say. He gives me a sad smile.

"I can't tomorrow."

"Why not?" I ask scrunching up my face.

"I have this thing to go to." I felt him tense up a bit.

"What thing?"

"I don't know, it's weird. But it's only some dumb conference thing. Boring people talking. You wouldn't want to sit through it." He squirms in his seat a little, but I pretend not to notice.

I nod, still curious. "Mmkay. Maybe some other time." He relaxes. Suddenly, I was really curious about this supposedly boring conference.

***

"Hey Lou," I say, plopping onto the couch next to him. I smile and he smiles back. I saw he was dressed for a night out. "Um...you going anywhere tonight?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah. There's this party management wants us to go to."