Let's Create A Canon! (JamiexGold Extra)

1- Gold

I walk through the trees with a smile on my face. My heart is beating rapidly in my chest. The sun is shining brightly down and everything feels right. As I make my way through the forest, I notice the trees begin to part. I smile wider, moving faster. She's near.

The trees completely part to reveal a small clearing. The branches from the trees lean in to each other, shielding the sun's rays from falling completely into the clearing and giving it a shattered quality. I don't focus on any of that though. My eyes go to the girl sitting on a blanket in the middle of the clearing.

Although she isn't looking at me, I still go breathless seeing her. She has a book in her lap and she smiles as her deep blue eyes fly over the page. Her long brown hair is pulled into a high, messy ponytail. She's in a big hoodie and sweats but she couldn't look more beautiful than she does right now.

"Hey, Jamie," I call out.

Her head snaps up quickly and a huge smile crosses her lips. Jamie closes her book and she stands, nervously brushing stray strands of hair out of her face.

"Gold!" she cries and throws her arms around my neck when I get closer.

I chuckle and wrap my arms around her waist. She sighs in content and buries her face in my chest. I kiss her forehead and she laughs.

"What took you so long?" She pouts, looking up at me with big eyes. I feel my heart melt.

"I got caught up. Dark had gotten drunk and was insisting on stripping for everyone in the mansion."

She laughed again. "Typical Dark. Well, that's okay then. I didn't mind waiting."

I smile at her and we sit down on the blanket. Jamie picks up her book and begins reading again, except this time she crawls into my lap and rests her head on my chest as she reads. I sigh in happiness and wrap an arm around her waist.

We sit like this for a while. Even though I have nothing to do, I don't get bored. I watch her read for a little bit then read along with her. It's a romance about a girl named Katniss Everdeen, who was about to go into the Hunger Games again. At the scene Jamie is reading, it's talking about how her and the boy, Peeta, are sitting on a rooftop, enjoying each others company.

"I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now, and live in it forever." I say, repeating the boy's words.

Jamie looks up at me and gives a huge smile. I smile back at her.

"Jamie, are you happy?"

She pulls away from me and sits in front of me. I watch her closely, my eyes never leaving her face.

"Gold, I am so unbelievably happy. I love you so much, nothing will ever separate us. I can't imagine a life without you. You are my true love and I know that you love me back. Thank you for saving me."

With that, she grabs my face and pulls me into a kiss. My brain shuts down and I feel my stomach explode with butterflies. The thumping of my heart gets faster and I feel as if I'm about to explode because of how amazing this kiss is. When she pulls away, I can still feel her lips on mine.

"Jamie," I breathe. "I love you, too."

She smiles and kisses me again.

I jerk awake. My breathing is fast and my heart is thumping erratically. At first I don't understand why I'm feeling this way until I remember my dream.

Jamie and me. Together. Kissing. In love.

I sit up and bury my face in my hands. The feel of her lips still lingers, despite the fact that it was just a dream.

A dream . . .

The words pierce me in the heart. That's all it'll ever be. Just a dream. She will never love me back because she is in love with Jeff. Our 'relationship' will only ever be real in my dreams.

Well, damn, doesn't that sound pathetic?

I sigh and look up. The dim glow from all my electronics helps me see around the darkened room. My eyes close and the kiss still feels so real, it's almost as if she had really just pressed her lips against mine and sworn her undying love for me.

I groan and throw myself back. I really need to stop thinking like this. All it will ever do is tear me apart on the inside. There's absolutely nothing I can do. I value Jamie's happiness over my own so I will never tell her my true feelings for her. It's easier letting her believe I only care for her as a friend.

Yeah, easier.

I roll over and face my laptop. The device is open and the home page is up and running. My heart fills with lead as I look at the screen, which shows a picture of Jamie and I, smiling into the camera.

'I can make her happier than he can,'  a little voice in the back of my head whispers.

"No, stop." I whisper back.

'Dreams do come true . . .'  a happier, more hopeful voice chimes in.

"Not this time," I respond sadly.

I lie in bed for a long time, fighting with myself. Eventually, exhaustion comes over me and I allow myself to slip back into my dreams. After all, this is only place my one wish becomes a reality.

~*~*~*

A short extra chapter that completely ripped my heart to pieces. Like, ugh, why? JAMIExGOLD!!! Hehe, is it bad that I legit ship JxG harder than JamiexJeff?