Chapter Four~*

1- Jeff

I'm sitting on the floor, playing dolls with Sally when the banging starts. Sally looks fearfully at me and I can see Charlie stand and go in front of her. I also stand and pull out my knife. Slender comes out of the kitchen and looks to the door. When I see no one going forward, I step to the door. The banging comes faster but weaker.

"Who is it?" I shout and grab the door knob.

"Jeff!" Jamie screams in a pained voice and the banging comes faster.

I hear her voice and throw open the door. A tiny body falls into my arms but I can already tell it's not Jamie. I look down and see it's Darcy. She's covered in blood and her hair is cut unevenly. Even though Darcy is obviously injured, I pass her over to someone who stands by me and run outside. There is no sign that anyone other than Darcy was here. I scream in frustration and fall to my knees.

2- Jeff

A month. Another month has passed and I still haven't brought Jamie back. Darcy is still under medical attention. She is not able to walk and can barely eat. Slender thinks she's going to die.

I sigh in frustration and run a hand through my hair. I feel a hand pat my shoulder and I look up. Gabriel smiles weirdly at me and sits beside me.

"What do you want?" I growl.

"Nothing, nothing. I just want to sit." He silently stares at a certain point in front of us.

We sit in peaceful silence. It's pretty relaxing but, after a while, the worry and stress of getting Jamie back rises again.

"You love her too, don't you?" I look at him and I can see sadness written clearly on his face.

I sigh and run another hand through my hair. "Why does everyone keep saying I love her? Can't any of you see I'm a monster? I don't love anyone."

"You do love her. Even if you are too blind to see it." He goes quiet.

"Gabriel, look-"

"Look, even though I hate to say this, you are probably the only one who can bring her back. So, please, just bring her back to me." He looks down and I can see tears falling. "I miss her so much."

I look away from him. "I'll bring her back." He looks up in surprise. "But not for you. I'm bringing her back for me."

His eyes harden and I see him stiffen. "You should know there's no way I'd let you have her."

"And what if she chooses me?"

He glares. "There's no way she'd ever do that."

"You never know." I look away from him and feel a pain in my chest.

He looks at me before shaking his head and leaving. I watch as he leaves and the think of Jamie.

"I love Jamie." I whisper to myself, trying out the unfamiliar words. They roll off the tongue in a strange, but pleasant way. I feel as if I just cursed myself by saying that three-worded phrase, but it just feels so right that I don't bother caring.

3- Jeff

I sit in my bedroom. It's nighttime so the mansion is full of life. Every once in a while I hear someone walk by my door, whispering things I can't hear. I let the darkness of my room comfort me. For the first time in two years I let myself relax. My muscles loosen and my grip on my knife relaxes. I grab the rag, eager to relax more, when a knock sounds. A sad sigh exits my mouth but I get up abd open the door.

"Jeff," Slender stands right outside my room. "Darcy would like to talk to you."

"She can talk now?" I expect a sarcastic reply but instead he just nods.

"Hurry. She said it was important." He leads the way downstairs to the hospital room.

The sterile white walls reflect my face and at the end of the room is Darcy sitting on a bed. She looks dead, her skin pale with dark shadows under her eyes. We walk to her bed and when we reach her, she turns her head and stares at me.

"I'll be back." Slender leaves so it's just me and Darcy.

I look at her and pull up a chair. We both stare at each other for several minutes.

"She almost killed me." Darcy speaks in a low, raspy voice.

"Who?" I question, still really confused.

"Jamie." My heart stops for a second. "I went to kill her and instead I come back half dead."

"Wait, how did you find her?"

"I should never have done that." Darcy continues as if I never talked. "She was a monster. Jamie came at me with such ferocity. I was so scared. At first," She pauses and coughs violently into her hand. After several minutes of her coughing, she stops.

"I thought I was going to die. But, she let me live. She tortured me for so long." Her shoulders start shaking and I can only assume she's crying. "Jeff, I'm going to die." She looks up at me and I can see the tears sliding down her face. "But I have one thing to tell you before that happens." I look at her in confusion and surprise. "Jamie told me to tell you that you need to wait for the rain in the lights."

My confusion grows stronger. "What do you mean? Wait for the rain in the lights?"

She opens her mouth to talk but before words can form, coughs spill from her mouth. I attempt to wait but eventually I just can't wait anymore. I grab her by the shoulders and shake her.

"What did she mean?" I shout and shake her harder, causing her head to move violently.

"Jeff!" I let Darcy go and look to Slender. He walks to me with supplies in his tentacles.

"I have to know what Jamie meant when she said for me to wait for the rain in the lights." I growl out at him and turn back to Darcy. She's lying against the pillow, looking even more dead than she did when I walked in.

Behind me, I hear things tumble to the ground. I turn back towards Slender and see everything he held is now on the ground.

"What?" I growl.

"Jamie said that?" I can hear fear in his voice.

"Ask Darcy." I point to her.

We both look at her and she looks back. We stand back and watch as she nods slowly. I hear something else fall and see Slender leaning against the wall. My mind is racing and I'm so confused.

"Jeff, please leave this room."

"But-"

"And don't come back." He stands and goes to Darcy's side.

"I'm not leaving." I say stubbornly.

"Get out!" He roars, picks me up by the hood and throws me out the door.

I land against the wall and all the air rushes out of me. I sit against the wall in surprise and confusion. After I get my breath back, I stand and leave to my room.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*