Chapter Eighteen~*

1- Jamie

I feel the words slip involuntarily from my mouth. The second they leave, everyone jumps up and that's when I realize they planned this all along. They made sure to separate Jeff and me, made sure I wouldn't get called and they all waited until the right moment to ask that question. It was the perfect plan and I'm going to hurt whoever set it up.

I feel eyes on me and everyone is cheering, acting like children instead of the killers they all are.

I look over at Jeff and see he has a look of complete and total shock on his face. He hasn't moved an inch since my confession and I don't know what to think. The others are finally calming down and I just feel like leaving.

"Okay, settle-" Slender begins but gets cut off.

"You owe me ten bucks, EJ!"

"I knew it!"

"Settle down!"

A mental wave goes out and I clutch at my head. Everyone does too, having obviously felt the same thing. They all go quiet and look to Slenderman.

"Finally. Now, can we continue the game?" A few people nod. "Okay. Jamie, it's your turn."

My head feels woozy and I can't think straight. I'm still looking at Jeff but he has yet to meet my gaze and that causes a strong pain to build in my stomach and chest.

"I'm good." I stand slowly from my spot. "LJ, you can have my turn. Choose whoever you want."

I turn to leave but I walk slowly, so I can still hear a little more.

"Well then, I choose Jeff."

Everything stops but I don't know why. My body keeps taking me forward, slowly, but still dragging me along.

"I choose Dare."

Laughing Jack chuckles darkly. At this point, I'm out of the living room already and I can't see anything. I stop walking and press myself against the wall.

"I dare you to tell us if you love Jamie."

My heart stops and I get butterflies in my stomach. It is completely silent in there as everyone waits for his response.

"I really don't want to-"

"You have to!" LJ shouts.

"I don't-" Jeff starts again but no one let's him continue.

"Jeff, come on."

"Just tell us!"

"You have to!"

"Jeff!"

"Alright!" He suddenly shouts. It falls completely silent again.

At this point, my butterflies have grown to a huge size and I feel so nervous for some reason. My heart is crawling up my throat and I'm just so . . . scared.

"No."

The world stops.

"I don't love Jamie."

The world stays frozen for a few more seconds before it explodes again, this time bigger than the last. But, I can't focus on them. I'm too busy trying to understand what my heart is doing.

It has completely plummeted to the bottom of my stomach but it's also still pounding hard and strong in my chest. Otherwise, I don't think I would be feeling this much pain. My head is pounding and I feel like I've been pushed into a pool with chains tied to my legs and arms because I can't move, can't breath. The chains are pulling me down, deeper and deeper into this sadness and I can't breath. I can't breath. I can't move. I need to be freed because this pain is drowning me.