Chapter Five~*

1- Jeff

I look up and let the cold drops fall onto my face. The clouds are a light gray and little streaks of lightning light up the gloomy sky. For the last three days, I've been going to every single city that has rain. So far, I've visited twenty cities.

The drops begin to slow and soon they stop. Still, I stand and just wait. What exactly it is I'm waiting for, I don't know. All I know it's that Jaime asked me to wait for the rain. The sky darkens and soon it's night. With a sad sigh, I leave.

2- Jeff

"Jeff, Jeff, hey, Jeff." I look back at Gold. He's lying on my bed and playing a game.

"Yeah?" I turn away from him and look back at the laptop screen. The website open announces there will be a wet night in Paris, France.

"When are you leaving?" He never takes his eyes from the game in his hand.

"I was thinking of leaving now." He nods.

"Have fun waiting for the rain in the light."

I get up and head to the door. "I will."

3- Jeff

The city of lights holds true to its nickname. Not even the steady downpour of rain can dampen this city's lights. It truly is a beautiful sight. I lean against a building and let the cool rain wet my face. In the distance, I can see the Eiffel tower.

Around me, there are a few people scurrying around, trying to find some sort of shelter from this rain. So far, none of them have even looked in my direction. I stand silently and by myself, watching all the people go by. Minutes tick by and soon I realize I've been standing there an hour. I push off from the wall and start to walk around.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

My heart stops at her voice. I turn back around and see Jamie leaning against the wall I was just at. She doesn't look at me and instead chooses to stare at the Eiffel tower.

"Jamie." I whisper and step to her.

She smiles. "You know, I've been waiting here for the longest time ever. What took you so long?"

"I'm sorry." I say and mean it. I feel a very strong urge to pull her into my arms but I hold back. "Darcy didn't tell me your message until three days ago."

"What?" She growls. "Why would she take so long. I told the slut to tell you immediately. I'm going to kill her." I notice her hands clutch into fists and I grab her hands.

"You won't have to." She finally looks at me. I can feel her try to tug her hand from mine but I keep a tight grip on it. "Believe it or not she actually did tell me immediately. When she came back, she couldn't even use her mouth. She was so close to death. Slender says she's going to die."

"Good." She snaps and looks away from me.

I keep her hand in mine and tug her to me. She lets me pull her to my body and I wrap my arms around her. She puts her head on my chest and I know she can hear my racing heartbeat. I hold her for several minutes but she eventually pulls from my arms. She starts to walk off but I grab her arm.

"I miss you." I blurt out and she stops.

"Oh, Jeff." She says in a soft voice. She turns to me and places a hand on my cheek. "I miss you too." With her this close to me, I can see the tears in her eyes.

"Then come back with me." I grab her hand and wrap an arm around her waist.

She looks into my eyes and nods. "Okay." She breaths.

The world stops for a few seconds. "Really?"

"Yes." She smiles and I feel my heart soar.

A strange feeling fills my chest but I don't bother questioning it. I pull her to me and press my lips to her's. She kisses back and I can feel her lips pull into a smile.

"Let's go home." She whispers against my lips and pulls back. I nod and lead her to the entrance.

1- Gabriel

I'm sitting on the floor by the stairs, playing dolls with Sally, when Jeff enters dripping wet. I sit back and smirk at him.

"No luck?" I call out.

He looks at me and that's when I notice the hand on his arm. He walks into the house and the body attached to the hand follows him in.

"Jamie," I gasp and stand up. The doll falls out of my hand and she looks at me.

"Gabriel?" She asks, sounding surprised.

I feel tears come to my eyes and I go to her. She lets go of Jeff's arm and takes a step to me. I can see she's really confused but all I care about is her.

"What are you doing here?" She whispers and I hear a hint of sadness in her voice.

"I came here to find you." I choke a bit on the sentence since I'm not the one that brought her back.

"Oh, Gabriel, you idiot." She whispers and throws herself at me. I catch her and wrap my arms around her, not caring that she's soaking wet.

"Excuse me, I'll just go to my room." Jeff growls and heads to the stairs.

I feel Jamie pull away and I tighten my grip on her but she still pulls from me. I watch as she runs to Jeff and catches his arm. He stops and looks at her, then at me.

"Yeah, let's go take a shower. I'm freezing." She smiles at him and they go up the stairs together. "I'll talk to you when I get out of the shower, Gabriel." She waves and continues up the stairs with Jeff.

As I watch them, I feel as if my heart is getting ripped out of my chest.

4- Jeff

I can hear the water hitting the tiles and it takes me back to the second time when Jamie left. I stand and go to the bathroom and press my ear against the door. Inside, I can hear Jaime humming to herself, something I've noticed she always does in the shower.

I move from the door when I hear the shower turn off. I go back to the chair and sit down while I wait for her to get out.

"Jeff?" I look up and my eyes widen.

Jamie walks out in just a sports bra and her spandex. Her body is fit and lean. I take in her appearance and I have to hold back to urge to kiss her. But, once again, my eyes are drawn to the scar on her stomach. I still don't know how she got that monster of a scar.

"Sorry. I'm used to being alone." She stands there awkwardly and rubs her legs together. "Do you have anything I can wear for now?"

"Uh, yeah." I smile as I get up and go to my closet. I remember the first time she asked for a shirt. "Here." I hand her the red shirt she wore before.

"Thanks." She smiles and puts it on. The shirt still goes to her knees.

"No problem." I go right by her and into the bathroom.

1- Jamie

I sit on Jeff's bed and smile the biggest smile ever. With a satisfied and happy sigh, I fall back against the bed.

"It's good to finally be home." I grin and wrap myself in Jeff's blankets, which smell just like him.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*