Chapter Twenty~*

1- Gold

I manage to get myself lost in about the first five minutes. I wander around the woods, trying to figure out which way to go. There's still the every present tug of the entrance to our forest but that's not where I'm headed. I'm on a mission to find Jamie. The only problem: I've never been here before.

Jamie always planned on taking me to her home to meet her mother but we have never been able to get to it. She's always busy training with Jeff or I'm busy with my game. I run a hand through my hair and sigh. Things just got even more complicated.

I eventually decide to go in the exact opposite direction of the Slender Forest, which is what we've started calling it. Soon, the sound of cars gently whooshing by. As the tug gets weaker, the sounds of cars gets louder. I keep heading in the direction of the cars, happy that I figured this out. It's sort of like a puzzle, like in games.

I smile at thought. I'm one of the best at games, besides Ben. I'm better at Pokemon, he's better at Legend of Zelda. But, if I can just think of this as a puzzle from the games, then I'll find her house in no time.

The trees begin to thin and I begin to see people. They all stare at me as I go by and I see some have baskets and children running excitedly about, shrieking unintelligible things. I smile awkwardly and keep walking. As I walk further, I past more families. After passing more people, I begin to wonder if they sent me through the wrong gate. I think about backtracking but I decide to continue forward.

"Mister, are you lost?" I look down and see a little boy looking up at me.

I'm so glad I decided to leave in my normal looking form. At the moment, I look like a normal boy but I'm dressed like a Trainer. I choose to keep my Trainer clothes on from my game so I'm pretty sure I look like a hardcore Pokemon fan.

"Uh, yeah." I smile and bend down so I'm at his level. "Can you tell me where we are?"

"Oh, this is the park!" He looks at my outfit. "Do you play Pokemon?"

I laugh loudly. "Uh, yeah. Do you?"

"Yeah!" His eyes light up and I can tell he wants to go into a deep conversation about Pokemon.

"Cool! Hey, do you think you can tell me if this is-" My eyes flick up in time to see a bag come flying at my head. I don't duck in time and it smacks me right in the face. I fall back, clutching my face.

"Don't talk to my son, you pervert."

I sit up, holding my face and look at the lady. She holds her son in a protective position against her legs and the boy looks at me in a sad way.

"But, Mom, he's not bad! He plays Pokemon too-"

"I bet he's just dressed like that to lure in children like you. Let's go." She shuffles away with the boy and he gives me one sad look.

I growl, still sitting on the ground. That was rude. I slowly stand and brush myself off. People are staring and whispering to each other behind their hands. I look around awkwardly before walking right past all of them. This has to be the right place. Jeff would never send me to the wrong place.

I walk through the park. There are a lot of families, all with their children running wildly around. I smile, watching them discreetly. A few stop and point at me. I can't help but wonder how many of these kids know about Pokemon through the show or from actually playing the game. I'll never know before there is no way I'm going to try taking to these kids again.

The park is small, with a tiny little playground made up of two slides, a few rows of money bars and a miniature rock climb. I easily leave the park with no more incidents.