Chapter Thirty Two~*

1- Slenderman

Jamie's head hangs low, her hands lying flat on the thin, white sheets that cover the beds in the infirmary. Her short, brown hair completely covers her face, hiding her facial emotions from me but I can still feel her worry and fear.

"Are you done with the tests?" she asks, her voice cold and empty of emotion.

For a second, I feel rage. She acts as if she's the one in danger, when that is not the truth. Once again, she starts acting like a selfish human. But, then, I push it away. It's only a front. Her emotions speak for themselves. Jamie knows what she has done and she will face the consequences. She has definitely grown.

I answer her simply. "Yes," I say.

Her head bobs once. "And?"

"I fear we were correct."

She looks up at me and there are tears in her eyes.

1- Jamie

Slender doesn't keep me in the room for much longer. He says I need to rest and I agree. My head has started pounding and I still have a terrible cough that tears at my lungs and leaves me gasping for air. I know the reason why I'm so sick but it doesn't make me feel any better. As a matter of fact, I feel worse.

I just wish Jeff were here. Even though he would be entirely useless in this situation, his presence would be comforting. If I heard correctly, he, Darcy and Rayne should be reporting back from a successful mission.

My heart contracts slightly at the thought of Darcy and Rayne being anywhere with Jeff. Some might think I have no reason to be jealous or to worry, but I still do. Anything could happen. Jeff could suddenly decide that he's bored of me and wants a little more adventure. I don't know what goes on in his head so I can't be sure he wouldn't leave or cheat. Though, I can't say I'd be surprised if he does. I just try not to think like that and hope for the best.

A loud clattering suddenly comes from the kitchen. After a split second decision, I peek my head in and come across an odd sight. EJ is standing at the stove, which isn't entirely different, but him holding one leg up to keep Sally back is definitely something different.

"But, Jacky!" Sally whines. "I wants to make you a cake!"

"That's really nice of you, Sally, but I'm good. Really." Jack says, looking around and his eyes land on me. His mask lies on the table and I can see from his face that he's kind of struggling to hold her back. "Hey, Jamie, will you give me a hand here?"

"Jamie?" Sally asks and turns around. Her eyes widen and her lips split into a smile. "Jamie!"

I have one second to raise my arms in defense before she throws herself at me and takes us both to the ground. Sally keeps yelling my name and I feel her arms wrap around my throat. For a second, I'm positive that this is how I'm going to die, choked to death by a little girl, until I realize that she is just trying to hug me.

"Oh, Jamie, Jamie, Jamie, Jamie! Where have you been? I've missed you!"

"We've only met one time," I choke out. She has a pretty strong grip for someone so small.

"I know! We need to hang out more! Come play with my teddy with me."

It's as if a small switch gets flipped in my head. My whole body stiffens but she doesn't notice, thankfully. My eyes catch EJ's and I see him staring intently at Sally. I can't believe she just threatened me. Everyone in the mansion knows that if Sally asks you to play with her teddy, she means to kill you. It would seem like no problem to anyone else because you can just say no but the thing is, if you tell her no, she'll throw a fit and start making your life a living hell until she finally decides to kill you. Both options are bad.