Chapter Eight~*

1- Jeff

I lay on the bed and stare up at the roof. My bloody clothes lay on the floor next to Jamie's. Jamie is currently snuggled up against my side in nothing more than just my shirt and her bra and underwear. But still, even with her beside me, my mind wanders to another girl, one who is probably sleeping alone tonight.

An odd tugging pulls at my heart but I dismiss it by looking at Jaime. She looks positively beautiful. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful partner.

"So, how do you like my new look?" She says with a big smile.

"You look awesome!" I say back. "I think you are perfect to be my partner."

A knife stabs my chest as I recall the memory. Now is not the time to be thinking of her when I have the girl I've been trying to find for two years finally at my side again. I can't start now. Jamie is back and so I don't need her anymore.

I roll over and wrap my arms around Jamie. She smiles in her sleep and moves closer to me.

1- Jamie

I wake up alone in bed. My fingers stretch out, searching for Jeff but my fingers run to the end of the bed. I sit up and look around.  When I don't see him, I jump up.

"Jeff?" I shout and step forward, my foot landing on something soft. I look down and see it's my jacket. I notice there's also a note on it and I quickly pick both up.

The note says he went to visit an old friend. I sigh in relief and flop back down on the bed. I know he can protect himself but that doesn't stop me from worrying about him. I honestly worry about him more than I probably should.

I stretch out on the bed, not carrying that I'm half naked and enjoy the feel of the soft mattress beneath my fingers. Another happy sigh escapes my throat and I close my eyes.

An embarrassed cough sounds. I open my eyes and sit up. Slender is standing awkwardly in the doorway and he turns his head from me. I sit up and smile at him.

"Jamie, can I talk to you?" Slender asks, still not looking at me.

"Sure!" I stand and go to him. "What's wrong?"

"Darcy would like to talk to you."

I stop in my tracks. "Darcy? What for?"

He shrugs. "She said it was urgent." I nod and begin to walk out, but Slender's hand stops me. "Don't you want to get dressed first?"

I raise an eyebrow at him and smirk. "I think I'll just stroll around the mansion like this." I walk out of the room and he follows behind me.

When we reach the stairs, he puts a hand to my back and guides me. As I reach the second floor, I hear a whistle. I turn and see Dr. Smiley starting at my mostly exposed legs. He winks before walking into his room.

"You know Jeff is not going to like it when he hears about this." Slender says and begins to push me back down the stairs.

"Why would he care? He's just my partner, right? Isn't that what he always used to tell me?" I snarl and move quickly down the stairs.

He follows after and soon leads me to an infirmary. There are several beds lining the wall but only one bed has an occupant. Darcy sits up against the wall, looking like she wished she was dead. I walk to her and sit by her side.

"You came back." She says in a raspy voice.

"Yeah."

She smiles painfully but let's it drop. "I just wanted to talk. I'm stuck here all day with no one to talk to. It gets lonely."