Chapter Thirty~*

1- Jamie

I push my hair from my sweaty face and continue to throw up my insides into the toilet bowl. Everyone had told me not to eat the chicken Jeff had made but the idiot had been so insistent and now here I am with food poisoning. My body gives one last retch before I lean my head down weakly onto my hands.

"Bastard," I mutter to myself.

"I'm sorry!" Jeff shouts and I hear the bedroom door slam shut.

"Don't leave me here, you piece of shit!" I scream after him. Despite that, I can hear him running down the stairs.

I get up to yell at him but collapse back down when a wave of nausea rolls over me. My stomach heaves and more food comes out. When I'm done, I push away from the toilet and lean against the wall.

"Jamie," A quiet, soothing voice whispers my name. I look over to the door and see a familiar boy kneeling. I smile and sit up as straight as I can manage.

"Gold," I say back.

"Here," He holds out his hand me, palm up, and I see there are two small pill capsules. "I snuck these from Slender. They should help."

I smile gratefully and take them. Gold smiles back and crawls forward to sit near me. I lean against his shoulder, tilt my head back and easily swallow the tiny pills. They taste bitter going down my throat and my stomach lurches uneasily but I don't let it worry me. After all, I have bigger problems, like Jeff leaving and practice with Slender.

After the first week off, Slender decided that we would practice one week then have another week off. We just finished with our fourth week break and I have practice tonight despite being sick. I was dreading the thought of having to fight him while sick, but, thanks to Gold, I have one less problem to worry about.

"Thanks, Gold. You're so sweet to me. What did I ever do to deserve someone like you?" 

He doesn't respond and I begin to worry I said something wrong. I move off his shoulder to look at his face. The expression on his face could be described as emotionless but the thought of Gold being anything like that was so foreign that I couldn't really believe that was what I was seeing. I touch his shoulder and he jumps slightly, looking at me in surprise.

"Gold, did you hear anything I said?" I frown at him.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Definitely. I'll go grab you that lemonade. Be right back." He laughs awkwardly and jumps up, practically running from me.

"But I don't even like lemonade." I whisper to no one. With a dejected sigh, I force myself up and make my way slowly to the bed where I collapse. Already I can feel my stomach calming down and it feels like a blessing. I unconsciously rub my hands in soothing circles over my belly, helping to calm it down more.

"I'm back!" Gold comes running in and I sit up. Just as he's about to reach me, glass in hand, he trips and lemonade comes splashing down on both of us. Some of it goes into my eyes and I jump up, holding my hands to my eyes and tears begin flowing out trying to wash away the stinging pain. "I'm so sorry, Jamie!"

I ignore his outburst and run into the bathroom, not even thinking right because of the pain before turning on the sinks water with shaking hands. The lemon burns my eyes and causes me intense pain I had never felt before. In the back of my mind, I felt like screaming and collapsing in agony but the stronger part of me, the part Slender is bringing out, holds me in place as hold open my eyes underneath the stream of water. I recommend not doing this at a kitchen sink because you have to bend your neck at a very awkward angle, which isn't fun.

"Jamie, I'm so sorry. If there's anything-"

"It's fine. Really. Just, can you grab me some eye drops? This stuff really burns." I let out a small, weak laugh that turns to a sob as soon as he leaves. My fingers grip the sink harder and sobs leave my body. I cry for a few seconds until I hear footsteps and I quickly splash more water on my face to wash away the tears.