Chapter Twenty One~*

1- Jeff

I pace back and forth in the living room, behind the couch. I was in my room before but Ben went in there and dragged me out, saying that me being alone right now is bad. I don't know what he means by that but I'm too stressed to care.

The Song of Healing plays from the speakers and I feel a sense of calm comes over me. I turn and look at the tv. It shows Link with his Ocarina pressed to his lips and his fingers moving, as if playing. His eyes are closed and the notes/buttons show at the bottom. I glare at Ben, who looks expectantly at me before turning around quickly and looking back at the screen.

I go back to my pacing.

"Well, well, If it isn't Jeff, acting as tense as ever."

The air in the room freezes and I can feel everyone tense. My head turns slowly to the door and I take in the figure of the girl with flaming red hair.

"No way," I whisper. "I thought you were dead."

Darcy smiles as she steps forward. "Nope. I'm alive and well."

I step back from her. I can't believe she's actually alive.

"Jeff, I think we need to talk."

"No."

Her eyes harden. "I want to help you. Trust me, you need it."

"What can you help me with?" I snarl.

"Well, for one, I can teach you how to love."

"Excuse me?"

"Jeff, I think you should listen to her." Ben says, looking over the couch at me.

"There's no way in hell she would be able to teach me anything." I snap.

She smiles and holds her hand out to me. "Won't know till you try."

"No." I say.

"Jeff, you really should try. I mean-"

"Stay out of this, Ben. I said no. I'm not getting lessons on love from her."

I push Darcy's hand aside and walk past her. I hear a soft mumble from Ben but pay no attention to it. I have just left the room when a bag gets thrown over my head.

"What the-"

I reach for my knife but someone grabs my arms tightly and pins them back. A pair of handcuffs are slapped on my wrist and I feel someone grab my legs, picking me up of the ground and throwing me over their shoulder.

"Sorry, Jeff!" Ben shouts from underneath me. "It's for your own good. Let's go, Darcy."

"Let me down or I'll fucking kill you!"

"Shut up. You can't even kill me."

I fall silent after that. He has a point. With a sigh, I give in. But, that doesn't mean I'll go easy.

"Jeff, please stop kicking me."

"No."

"I'll drop you."

"Okay."

"Where are we going?" Ben asks Darcy, completely ignoring me now.

"Just follow me." She snaps.

I'm shocked by her snappish attitude. I would have thought that her practically coming back from the dead would have brought her a few notches down. But, it seems to have had the opposite effect on her. She's acting like she is above us all. Maybe it's because she survived.