Chapter Two~*

1- Jeff

It's been nearly two weeks since I saw Jamie and I still haven't found any clues as to where she could be. Things between Gabriel and I have gotten worse, if that's even possible. Not that I'm bothered by it. As soon as I get Jamie back, he's dead.

With a sigh, I stand and go outside. The sky is full of red, pink, purple and gold. The sun has still not yet risen over the tree tops. Well, it's always good to start something early.

"Hey, Jeff!" I turn swiftly at the sound of my name. Gold is running up to me. "Can I come with you?"

"I'm not going anywhere." I turn from the gate and go around to the back of the house. I really am going somewhere but I don't want him tagging along with me. "I just need to feed Smile Dog."

"Liar. Gabriel just fed him. And I know he did because he walked in an hour ago all torn up. Only Smile Dog does that to him." I walk on, silently fuming. "Just let me go with. I want to find her too."

I stop at this and turn to him. "What makes you think I'm looking for her? Didn't you hear about our most recent encounter? She's never coming back." I turn from him and continue to the back.

"You don't really believe that. I know you don't. You love her too much." He jogs to keep up with me.

I stay silent and keep walking. He follows behind me but doesn't say anything more.

"Fine." I growl and head to an exit.

2- Jeff

"Oh, Jeff, look! There's a lady holding a rectangle to her head!" Gold points and laughs. "And she's talking into it!" He laughs harder, earning some strange stares.

I look around before grabbing him by his shirt and pulling him with me. Gold continues to point things out and laugh. I sigh in frustration, not knowing that Gold could be so annoying. He giggles and lets out a small squeal as we pass an arcade.

"Can we go in?" He looks at me with pleading eyes and I growl.

"We're supposed to be looking for Jamie." I grip his arm tighter but feel it begin to become softer. "Don't you remove your arms. We're out in public. It would be weird if your arms suddenly disappeared." His arms become solid again.

"I don't understand why you're being so serious. I bet Jamie would rather hang out at a arcade." He smiles at me before running and heading into the arcade.

I stare at him for a few second before groaning and following after him.

3- Jeff

I look nervously around the arcade. There are so many children and teenagers all crowded into on small room. It's almost too much for me. Gold, on the other hand, is having the time of his life. He's been breaking every single record in this arcade and right now he's about to break the final one.

His face is a mask of complete concentration. The only time I ever really Gold serious is when he's playing a game. Gold is the best gamer I've ever met and I have yet to meet someone who could beat his records.

"And done!" He pulls away from the game with a satisfied smirk on his face and looks around at the crowd. People are congratulating him and patting him on the back but he's not paying attention to them. "Jeff." He whispers and points.

I quickly turn in the direction he's looking and see a girl. She has short brown hair and a black jacket on. My heart squeezes and I take off to her. Behind me, I can hear Gold running. I push people out of my way, not caring how many of them see my face; only caring about her.

I've finally reach her and I grab her shoulder. With a violent yank, I turn her around and pull her to me as she lets out a scream. And its not her scream. My chest begins to hurt again as I pull her from my chest. It's not Jamie.

"No!" I hear Gold say behind me but all I can really focus on is this girl in front of me.

She has the most pained expression on her face and she holds her shoulder at an awkward angle. I step back from her in surprise and, before I even realize what I'm doing, take off.

1- Gold

I stare in surprise at Jeff's retreating figure. He moves from my line of vision and soon all I see is buildings. I sigh and begin to follow but feel a tug at my shirt. I turn and see it's that girl Jeff and I thought was Jamie. Besides her hair and jacket, she looks nothing like Jaime. She has a sad and scared face and she looks as if she's trying to just disappear.

"What was that guy's problem?" She asks roughly and I can hear the tears she's trying to hold back.

"Nothing. Are you okay?" I look at her shoulder.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." She smiles and leaves, disappearing into the crowd.

I stare at the spot she was just at and wonder why her last words are beginning to upset me until it hits me. There was another girl who would tell me that all the time.

Jamie laid on the floor outside. She was covered in blood and dirt and her hair was a tangled mess. I ran to her and got on my knees by her side.

"Jamie?" I whispered, praying and hoping I wasn't too late.

"Gold?" She opened one eye - the other was covered in blood - and smiled at me. "Hey, what are you doing out here?"

"Looking for you. Are you okay?" I attempted to run a hand through her hair but it got caught on a twig which I pulled out.

"I'm fine." She smiled and I felt my heart thump harder in my chest. "Don't worry."

My chest begins to hurt as I remember her. I turn from the arcade and walk around the town, looking for the forest. I need to get out of here.

4- Jeff

I stare down at the bottle in hand and pay attention to nothing else.

"Jeff!" Someone suddenly yells. I look up and feel a hand slam into the side of my face.

With a savage growl, I jump up and throw myself at the person. LJ grins up at me but in his eyes I can see his anger.

"What the hell was that for?" I snarl.

"I'm sick and tired of you sulking around the damn mansion with a bottle in hand because a girl!" He snaps back.

"You don't understand. You never met her."

"Whatever. We're all sick and tired of it." He pushes me off him and stands. "Just get over her already." He leaves with those last words hanging between us.

"I wish I could." I whisper before grabbing the bottle and throwing it into the trash.

1- Unknown

I stare at the boy in Pokemon trainer clothes as he walks away. I can tell my last words bothered him, just like she said they would. I turn from him and head to the very back of the arcade. There is a girl with a purple shirt on and she looking right at me with a huge smile. She has short brown hair like me but the similarities stop there.

"I see it worked." The confidence on her face fills her voice too.

"Yeah." I take the jacket off and hand it to her. She smiles and puts it back in.

"Thanks." She begins to leave.

"W-wait!" I shout and grab her shoulder. She stops and turns back to me. "Who are those two to you?"

She smiles sadly. "They are precious to me. Both of them." That's all she tells me. Before I can even blink, she's gone.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*