a midnight stroll

Warning:contains huge spoilers for the infernal devices. If you don't want to be spoiled skip the first and second paragraph. Also this chapter will be totally cliché

Annabeth

Chris said "are we really supposed to believe that!! Your curse is very similar to will herondale's curse." And he just stared at me as if he was waiting for my judgment but before I could respond percy said "who is will herondale?" 

For which chris replied "so, that's how you're gonna play this huh! Fine let me tell you. Will herondale is a shadowhunter who is married to tessa gray whose parabatai is jem carstairs but I'm sure you already knew that" he literally spat out those words.

Percy said "uh huh" and raised his eyebrows and looked at me. I just said "percy wouldn't do that.." he interrupted me "ya your right. He doesn't even know who will herondale is" percy just rolled his eyes and said "whatever" chris  then said "I still don't believe you" and percy started to argue with him.

Rachel but Rachel interrupted us by saying "guys the time is 8 o'clock and I think it's time for us to leave" Chris then said "its alright you guys can stay here..." rachel looked like she was about to protest but he waved her off and said "it's fine. I have many spare room that you guys can use besides I don't fell safe leaving you guys alone in an unknown city at night"

Chris is always chivalrous. Percy then said "you do know that we're demigods right!" Chris smirked and said "ah of course! I forgot your the son of Poseidon right?" Percy grinned and chris said "in that case i feel immense pleasure in asking you to get out of my house"

Percy looked like somebody had slapped him. Percy said " just me?" Chris said "yes I feel safe in letting you go alone since your the son of Poseidon and all" he paused and said "what's the matter is the great perseus Jackson afraid?" I said "knock it out chris"

Chris said "fine. you could stay here but if you stay here you have to obey my rules" percy then said "aye aye captain. I live to serve" and sat on the couch. While chris was going into the kitchen I swear I heard him say demigod scum.

But anyway we all sat on the dining table and had our dinner which was delicious. After dinner all of us retired to our rooms. I came to my room and started working on a few projects that I started a long time ago. After a few minutes there was a knock.

But it was not coming from the door but was coming from the window!! When I opened the window percy was standing beneath the window with a bunch of rocks in his hands. He said "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, with hair so fine.
Come out your window, climb down the vine."

I just rolled my eyes and said "really seaweed brain! That is so corny and cheesy. You literally sound like leo" he just shrugged and said "are you coming or not princess?" I cursed under my breath and went inside and grabbed my phone and a coat to wear on to of my pj's.

I went to the window and asked him "how do I come down theres no vine?" He said "climb down the pine tree" I jokingly said "I can't do that ?" He said "why?" I said "that's a pine tree. Its sacred to thalia" he said "for hades sake climb down the freaking tree already" I laughed and started my decent. I love messing with him.

I just have one advice for you if you are planning on climbing down a tree it was much more romantic in books. I real life it's just messy. I came down and said "whose idea was this seaweed brain? Was it Leo's " he blushed and said "actually it was pipers "

I said "you better have a reason for disturbing me seaweed brain. I was working on something" he then shyly said "well... I thought we could have a small picnic but if your busy..." I chained my hand through his and said "onward we go kind sir"

He took me to the Luxembourg gardens. From the gardens we could see the parthenon dedicated to the Roman goddess Minerva (a.k.a. my mom). He said "piper said that we would only have time to visit the Eiffel Tower tomorrow. So, I thought it would be a shame not to visit the parthenon which is dedicated to your mom so...well the parthenon is actually closed but I thought it would be nice to... "

He seemed extremely nervous. I cut him off with a huge hug. He then took out a blanket and spread it on the grass and motioned me to sit. He opened his basket which was full of cookies, sandwiches, strawberries, etc. I asked him "where did you get all this from? Did you raid a shop or something?"

He said "well, sort off. I chris' fridge" I said "oh he's gonna be so mad " he said "I don't care" both of us started to eat. We then started  to talk about random things. Percy then abruptly said "I'm sorry" I then said "for what?" He then said "you know for everything. You must have felt so betrayed when I broke up with you and the curse....."

I cut him off by saying "look I get it your hands were tied. There was nothing you could do and I forgive. The curse was accidental nobody knew that Trophonius would curse you like that. but the break up on the other hand...." I put on a grumpy face and cracked my knuckles.

He chuckled and said "aphrodite suggested that I break up with you savagely" I said "you listened to her?" He said "she is the goddess of love you know" I said "fair enough"

he continued "what would have happened if I had broken up with you without a reason. You would have come after me asking questions to which st some point I would answer. Just as the proverb goes 'curiosity killed the cat' quite literally in your case"

I contemplated this in my mind for a moment and jokingly said "you really wanted to kiss Rachel didn't you?" He flirtingly said "maybe " and leaned I closer and said "between me and rachel who is the better kisser" he said "if I were to judge which one is the best kisser I would definitely say you but... its been a long time so I need a kiss from you to make sure I give the right answer"

I said "uh huh. Access granted " and both of us leaned forward. Our foreheads were touching now.he said "I'm a little rusty" and I responded "me too" .His hands were cupped my cheek while my hands went around his neck. We fit together perfectly. Like two peices of a puzzle.

Exactly in that moment all the sprinklers came on and within minutes we were drenched. The picnic temporarily forgotten. We ran around the park playing in the water like little children. We slow danced in the rain and sang our favorite songs. It was amazing. I have never felt so alive in years.

When we left the park the time was around 2am I think. We slowly walked backed to Chris's house. I was soggy and wet while percy was perfectly dry. Sometimes I despise his ability to stay dry all the time. We were joking all the way back to Chris's house.

I kept asking him about the señorita thing but he wouldn't budge I guess I'll just ask piper. When came home I kinda expected chris to be seated on a turning chair with no lights and just as we turned on the light he would dramatically turn and say "back so soon?" But the room was empty. Looking at my confused expression he said "oh! I sent Rachel on distraction duty"

I said "wait so we could have actually walked through the front door without anybody noticing us? That I climbed down that tree for nothing?" Percy said "it was romantic wasn't it?" I said "romantic? There is nothing romantic about climbing down a tree. Its painful and impractical. Who gave you this idea?"

He Said "piper" I said "oh she is so dead" whith that I retired to my bed for the night. This night felt very magical. It felt like a story from a fairy tale and I was the leading lady. This night made me forget about my house and my job. This night reminded me its alright to let loose and have fun sometimes. I hope its not selfish to wish that tomorrow is magical as today.

Little did I know that tomorrow my life will change for the better.

Hello! Hope you are having a good day! There is only a chapter or two left in this story. I would like to thank everyone who has read my story. I would like to thank you guys for 850+ views. It encouraged me to updated my story more often. Bye!!!!