the curse! finally (that came out wrong)

Warning: there will be spoilers for trials of apollo. Read at your own risk

Percy

I took another deep breath and started "so, this happened about a month or two after I started the top college for marine biology when miss Delphi showed up at my doorstep. Apollo had just fixed the Oracle."

I continued "Rachel came to my room and asked me to help her. she said that she had a bad premonition about this place and wanted me to help her check it out since I was the only demigod she knew that lived close to this place"

I said "you can't blame Rachel for this because this was the first vision that she had gotten. So we armed ourselves and we went to this place which was a cave by the way and Rachel started to feel a bit queasy which should have been our first warning to get the hell out of there but being the idiots that we are went into the cave"

I said "the cave looked eerie and dark. I sensed that two river used to run through that place. The place looked like it survived a bomb blast." Annabeth suddenly gasped.

She then said "is that.... what I think it is. But its not supposed to exist. Apollo blasted the cave to shards. none of it survived." I just gave her a tired smile and said "as always you have proved that you are the smartest girl alive"

She motioned for me to continue. I said "I saw a orange ghost. It looked like it was trying to warn me that there is danger ahead. But I wasn't able to understand it at that time and continued on. Then I heard a gruff voice say 'well well well look who we have here'"

"Rachel and I stood back to back waiting for the monster to attack but the attack never came. The thing that spoke to us materialized in front of a stage which looked like it used to facilitate a throne. It formed a shape of a young man who was in his 20's"

"he said 'my dad must really hate me. He sent a puny demigod to finish me off' he continued 'I thought that when my dad bombed the place i thought that all my troubles will be over but boy oh boy was I wrong. This stupid cave resurfaced again and now I'm stuck here for all eternity and if that wasn't enough now I have to deal with these stupid demigods'"

"He then yelled to the sky 'thanks a lot!' I puffed up my chest and said 'who are you?' And he laughed and said 'you don't know who I am? Gods! these demigods are so ignorant. I'm Trophonius' Rachel was the first to respond she said 'Trophonius like the Oracle of Trophonius?' He rolled his eyes and said 'yes that is me and who are you?'"

"I said 'I'm percy Jackson the son of Poseidon and this is Rachel Elizabeth dare the Oracle of Delphi' he said 'so, your the Oracle of Delphi' he pointed at rachel and said ' I suppose if I should let you live' and he pointed to me and said 'but you on the other hand...' he stopped and said 'do you know my history child?' For which I shook my head"

"He then said 'very well I will tell you. I was the son of Apollo and King Erginus's wife. I had a maternal half-brother named Agamethus. I loved him as if he were my own brother. Agamethus and I grew up to become renowned architects and built a grand temple for my father at Delphi"

He continued 'one day king hyrieus entrusted the task of designing his treasury to me and my brother. We want to steal some of hyrieus's wealth and designed the treasury with a secret thieves' tunnel. We planned to slip into the treasury in the dead of night, steal the valuables and slip out via the tunnel. but that plan did not end well'

He continued 'Hyrieus had inspected every nook and corner of the treasury and discovered the secret tunnel. He had set up a trap to catch us.When we came out of the tunnel with the treasure, I sprung the trap without realizing it. As a result, Agamethus got trapped in the tunnel, crushed under a beam. I was unable to pull my brother out'

He continued with tears pooling in his eyes 'my poor, sweet brother decided that he cannot be saved. He told me to cut his head off and then run away. This way, i would be saved and Hyrieus would be unable to discover the identity of the thieves. I pleaded with apollo to let me die instead, but Apollo turned a blind eye toward us'

'At last I had to cut my precious brother's head off in order to escape. My little brother who adored me. My only  companion. When I was cutting his head I felt like I was cutting my own heart in half.'

"When he finished I said 'are you sure you're a son of apollo? because I'm pretty sure your father is Hermes.' I should not have said that. He then said 'headstrong and  arrogant. My pain is like a joke to you isn't it? Let me teach you a lesson that you will never forget '"

He then said 'I curse you perseus Jackson that the people who are love you will slowly start to die and their blood will be on your hands. You will be responsible for their deaths and I almost forgot they will die in your arms. Starting with that pretty blonde girlfriend of yours' He then said 'that will teach you not to be arrogant"

The whole place was covered in white smoke and when that smoke cleared Trophonius was not there. After rachel left aphrodite appeared in my dorm room and said 'I heard about your curse percy. I'm very sorry. Trophonius is such a drama queen and he still blames himself for his brothers death'"

"She noticed I wasn't listening and said 'let me right to the point. I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I was able to talk Trophonius into reducing your curse but the bad news is that you have to stay away from annabeth'"

"I literally yelled 'WHAT!!!' she then argued "look instead of seeing all the people you love die the curse will now affect annabeth. If you both are still boyfriend and girlfriend bad things will happen to annabeth like she might get into an accident etcetera "

"I protested 'but I cannot stay away from annabeth forever!' For which she replied 'not forever silly just until Trophonius is satisfied that you have learnt your lesson oh! I almost forgot you cannot tell anyone about this curse. Not even annabeth '"

"she continued 'this was all I could do and if you know what's best for annabeth you will stay away from her' with that she left"

I looked apprehensively at annabeth but her face was devoid of emotion. There was a long silence and the first one to speak was chris and he said "are you for real?!!"