percy did what?!!

Annabeth

i was working on a project for my company when i got a call from a private number. i thought it was one of my clients calling me so i answered it, but to my surprise it was Rachel Elizabeth Dare. she seemed to be in a hurry and informed me that we would meet tomorrow and ended the call. talking to Rachel brought back a lot of memories. i remembered the time that we spent in the labyrinth. Rachel nailing Kronos in the eye with a blue plastic brush and also a few recent memories like Percy kissing Rachel in front of me.

i am actually glad that rachel is coming here because i have to talk to her about something. two days ago i went to mount Olympus to fix a statue that broke during a brawl between the gods. there i overheard Apollo talking to Aphrodite. they were talking about percy. this is how the conversation went

Apollo: percy's curse is going to come to an end soon Aphrodite. i can sense it.

Aphrodite: yes i can feel it too.

Apollo: both Percy and annabeth seem devastated about it.

Aphrodite : i tried  to reduce the curse but your son is pretty powerful and that is all i could do.

Apollo: i have done the best i can but it is in their hands now.

from this i know that Aphrodite was the one that helped them and that percy is cursed. how he got cursed i am not aware but i do know  that Apollo's son did it.the next day Rachel was right on time to meet me. both of us made small talk for a few minutes then i addressed the elephant in the room."what did you and percy do?"

this question seem to startle her. she fidgeted with her bracelet for a while before answering. "i think it is best if Percy answers that question" she replied blatantly. i then replied in my irritated voice "why did you come here Rachel?" she sighed and replied "look Annabeth,Percy is sad about what he did and is sure that you won't forgive him and he misses you. i know that your very angry with Percy but he did what he had to do for a reason" 

i snapped and replied very quickly "so what your saying is Percy kissed you because of his curse, huh that's reassuring" Rachel seemed surprised at first but then regained her composure and then replied in a slow and soft voice that seemed as though she was holding back tears "Percy did not have the guts or mentality or whatever to break up with you face to face so, he kissed me in front of you so that you would think that he's cheating on you and you would break up with him and move on with your life"

i was in a shock after this. all these years i resented Percy for kissing Rachel. i never knew that Percy was doing this on purpose.he masterminded this whole thing so that he could protect me from his curse and i would leave with a mentality that this was all his fault and that i would never think about calling him again. i sighed and said "i guess he is a seaweed brain after all" and  both of us began to laugh. Rachel and i talked for some time and before she left she me promise that i would talk to Percy before we left for our reunion.

percy

it was about 9:00 pm when i got a call from the person that i least expected to call me : Annabeth chase. At first i really wanted to talk to her but i was skeptical because of my curse and i then decided that i will talk to her since we are gonna meet in two days anyway and so i decided i will talk to her and was about to pick up the call when she cut. i decided to wait for some time for her call me.  5 minutes passed . then 10 minutes passed. i could not wait any longer so i called her. my heart almost melted when i heard that sweet voice that i could never forget say "hello?"