i refuse to believe this

Annabeth

After all we've been through together tartarus, the great prophecy, everything we break up over a college??. I thought that when I move to Connecticut percy will move with me too but now my dreams are crushed.

It was selfish of me to think that itself but I just assumed thats how this would play out. Since we already got into the college in new Rome i thought that we wouldn't have to worry about this. But clearly I was wrong.

Percy tried to console me "don't worry wise girl we can try long distance dating or something.  We will always be in touch" but he clearly did not believe it himself. But I liked the fact that he was atleast trying so why shouldn't I?

"Yeah, I hope it does" that wasn't very optimistic wasn't it? He hugged me again and said "its alright Annabeth it always works out between us" we went through a lot together didn't we why is this any different from those times? I think its different because all those times I had percy with me.

I still can't forget the time that her erased percy's memory so that she can execute a switcheroo. Everything that we've been through feels like a test, though your not sure you'll pass but you always do. But im not sure this is a test that I could even pass.

He kept on saying "we can make this work. We'll some how make this long distance thing work."

I told him sadly "percy that never works! life is moving on so should we" however hard I try I dont feel good about this. Percy said "maybe I can move to Connecticut?" . I replied "perce I can never ask you for that, besides you should be allowed to follow you dream" i can't ask him that my mom is the freaking goddess of wisdom she wouldn't want me to stand in the way of his education and neither do I want to.

he then said "you are my dream and I could probably get into some college in Connecticut" if he is willing to give up his dram for me so why can't I?

I then said "why don't I get into some college in Miami?" He then said "don't do that annabeth. Don't throw your life away for me and besides you got into your favorite college." I then argued "why not. I'm very smart and I could get into some college in Miami and besides i would gladly throw away my life for you"

We argued for a while and at last decided that we are going our separate ways. Percy sighed and said "I'm really gonna miss you" I then said "me too" I then said to him "promise me  you won't get into trouble" he rolled his eyes and said "am I really the troubled one? You ran away from your dad when you were a kid . In fact I should be the one telling you not to get into trouble"

Both of ous laughed and promised each other that we won't get into trouble but I still felt uneasy like something big is gonna happen.

Percy said "don't worry ill be back before you know it. Remember I have reputation of being kicked out of school though I don't think that has to with the fact that my grades are always below sea level. I am a seaweed brain Remember?" I laughed ohh im going to miss his weird humor.

We just stared at each other for a long time as if we might never see each other again. I memorized everything about him his deep sea green eyes, the way his mouth crinkes when he smiles that trouble maker smile, the way her scratches his ear when he is nervous, the way he always smells like the beach.

After a while Percy said with sadness in his eyes "so,this is it huh" I said "yup". After a long pause percy replied "I love you wise girl, you are my best friend as well as the best girlfriend I could ever ask for"

I replied " I love you percy, you will always be my seaweed brain" . We spent the rest of the night laying on each other's arms talking about all the adventures we've had together. This was the last memorable day that I can remember with percy  until recently......