where it all went wrong, sort of

annabeth

"Look piper, i know most people don't come to you with their love problems...." i started. piper then sniggered. for a daughter of Aphrodite, piper looked very different. she was wearing a hello kitty t-shirt [seriously??] with a simple dark blue jean. Her hair was still choppy and uneven. Ahh how much I missed her eccentricity.

looking at her i realized how long i have been away from camp half blood, my family and percy. every time i hear percy's name i start to cry. i realized that i had stopped talking to piper and started to cry and piper was consoling me saying,"hey its ok if you don't want to come to the reunion " she was also patting my hair. How could I be so pathetic? He was just a guy. I shouldn't get so worked up. with a shaky breath i started the story,

it happened six months after we moved, both of us were very busy with our lives and barely even saw each other. we texted a lot during the first few months but then percy stopped texting me. he claimed that he had exams but i knew something else was going on. I believed him and thought that he was actually busy with his life and stopped texting him. Being ADHD i know how hard concentrating can be.

on his swim championship i decided to visit percy and cheer him on i also brought my friend chris along with me. It has been a long time since I last and was aching to see him. Chris is one of my closest friends from yale [he is a mortal by the way]. i asked chris to save me a seat for the championship and went to talk to percy .

when i was about to enter his room i noticed that his door was slightly ajar and i could hear a familiar female voice. it was the voice of rachel elizabeth dare. i quickly hid near the door and started to eavesdrop. I was first confused to why Rachel was there but I assumed it was because she had some errand to run and stopped to chat with him. rachel was profusely apologizing to percy and she said that she was sorry for ruining his relationship with me.

He sighed and said that it was fine and kissed her on the lips. then i just ran from there and went to meet chris. i told him everything that happened and the whole history between me, percy and rachel. I still couldn't believe the fact that he would cheat with me with Rachel. In fact I still can't believe that he would cheat in the first place that was so unlike him.

His literally fatal flaw Is loyalty!! I thought it might an illusion and that he actually kissed her on the cheek but the conversation that I overheard confirmed that he was in fact cheating on me. I was in a state of shock.

chris then told me that i deserved better and that he would never do this to a pretty, smart and wounderful girl and kissed me in front of percy. percy looked very sad and sighed like this was a trial of life and said nothing other than congratulations and walked off. Like he didn'tcare about me anymore"

piper replied after a long pause "well, i guess your not coming?" piper gave me a sad smile. to this i replied " pipes i actually want to come to the reunion !.

meeting you has made me realize that in order to get over percy i have been focusing on my work and in that process i pushed away all my friends". piper asked me "my, i have mad annabeth realize something! I must be a genius " and i rolled my eyes and she continued "so your coming to the reunion even if percy is coming?" i could see the hope in her eyes.

i answered "of course pipes! percy is actually not a bad guy, he is my best friend, I've had so many unforgettable adventure with him, he taught me how to love, maybe we just weren't ment to be"

i spoke the last line utmost sorrow . piper grinned like she knew that what i was saying was bogus (maybe she did being the daughter of aphrodite and all) and asked me "so,how many guys did you date after percy?" i answered "well, zero". she sniggered. i guess she found out that i still like percy we both just sat on the bench looking at the sunset.