pain demands to be felt

Percy

Oh my gods what have i done? I knew from my dream that something bad Would happen to annabeth but I did not expect this. This was all my fault. Annabeth is jobless and homeless because of me. It was because of my selfishness that annabeth is suffering now.

I would have started crying then and there but I realized that annabeth is depending on me and I need to be strong for her sake. Fortunately piper quickly relieved me of my duty by consoling annabeth and making her sit on the bench near the docks and making her explain the situation in detail.

I couldn't take it anymore and went back to the car. Since everyone was fixated on annabeth's situation I thought that nobody would follow me but I was wrong. Nico followed me to the car and consoled me while I sobbed helplessly in his shirt. Before I could ask him anything he said "I know about your curse"  and I asked him "piper?" He then replied "well, not exactly"

Then I asked him "how?" He just laughed and said "percy! Just because I am helping my dad in the underworld does not mean that I have not heard any rumors" I just laughed and said "will told you didn't he?" Nico laughed and said "not bad for a seaweed brain but yeah will told me" and after a pause he said "my job sucks"

I thought about how much nico had changed from a little kid who was obsessed with mythomagic and who was dark and gloomy to a person who is confident, happy and can crack a joke. I guess I was staring at him because he said "stop staring at me like that you know I'm engaged to will!" I rolled my eyes and said "ha ha very funny"

Then thalia came towards us. She had a menacing look in her eyes. She then said "percy answer my question honestly did annabeth lose her job and her house due to your curse?" I really wanted to say no but I couldn't so, instead i nodded my head. Thalia softened and said "just what thought"

She came and sat next to me and said "look percy, I know you care about annabeth and I know I can't ask this from you but I think it would be best for annabeth if you stayed away from her" I sighed and nodded my head. She then said "I'll leave you two alone now" and left. After a while the whole gang returned and all of us returned to the hotel.

-----------------------------------time skip-------------------------------

The next day I decided that I would take thalia's advice and stay away from annabeth. I heard from thalia that annabeth's things have been shifted to piper's house and that she would most probably be staying with her. I assumed that we would not be going sightseeing so, it would be easier for me to avoid annabeth but she decided to come with us to go sightseeing.

So we decided to go to pont des Arts which is a bridge that crosses the Seine river. It was supposed to be a romantic place. Annabeth tried to talk to me during the car ride but I ignored her and finally she gave up and started talking to cally.

Wen we arrived there everyone stood on the bridge and took selfies but I wanted some peace and quiet and sat on the banks of river Seine. After a few minutes I was rudely interrupted from my chain of thoughts but an angelic sweet voice that said "love makes us do stupid things  dosen't it perseus Jackson?" It  belonged to the one and only, aphrodite the goddess of love. She was dressed in a simple pink dress that was a backless and showed a lot of cleavage and was pretty short. She wore  heavy makeup and flats. She came forward and sat next to me.

I just shrugged and I said "believe it or not I know more about it than you do

I just shrugged and I said "believe it or not I know more about it than you do. My whole life has been a chain of stupid things I did for love like falling into tartarus and turning down immortality but let me tell you this staying away from annabeth because I love her is by far the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life"

Aphrodite then said "your right percy Jackson, you cannot feel one persons love for you without sacrifices take jack and rose from titanic for example, He sacrificed his life for her or even take romeo and juliet as an example, both of them killed themselves because they could not live without the other or better yet take your mother as an example, she married smelly gabe because he could disguise you demigod scent and therefore protect you from monsters. She hated him but still she married him because of you. This act of hers shows how much she cares and loves you perseus"

I was speechless and stunned. Then after a while I said "I understand but this is extremely painful" aphrodite then said "pain demands to be felt" it took me while to figure it out but then I said "wait did you just quote fault in our stars" she seemed surprised and replied "not bad! you know your romantic novels " I shrugged and said "it was annabeth's favorite book. I guess both of you are suckers for tragic romantic novels. She always reads the book when she is sad and cries everytime when gus dies"

Aphrodite then said "what is a good romantic novels without a tragic end." And both of us started to laugh. Aphrodite's laugh was, melodious but annabeths snort is was and will be the best laughter that I will have ever heard. Aphrodite said "love works in mysterious ways dosen't it?" 

I then said "so, why did you come here and I know it can't be to discuss our tastes in romantic novels" she then realized why she came here and in a serious tone said "I just came here to give you one advice percy. Don't try to change your fate. don't fight something that is bound to happen eventually" she then stared at me worry lines  shaping her face.

I just nodded and she then kissed my cheek and turned away and said "I believe in you percy. Oh and please don't kiss anybody and don't do anything stupid. Me and ares have a bet that I really don't wanna lose. Tah tah" with that she left. I don't know how she manages to end everything on a positive note.

When I went to the bridge I as greeted by an angry group of people. When I came near piper she tried to slap me but was restrained by Jason who said "at least let him explain" I just asked him "explain what? And where is annabeth"

Piper then said "don't you dare speak her name!"

After looking at my incredulous expression Jason said "annabeth saw you flirting with an older woman who was wearing a pink dress and became extremely sad and heartbroken and left "

I just said "oh my gods!!!"

Dun dun dun what will happen next keep on reading to find out. How was this chapter ?.I had a lot of fun writing the conversation between aphrodite and percy. If you haven't read or watched any of the books or movies mentioned in this chapter you really should. They say a picture  is worth a thousand words so, the picture above is a compilation of my favorite fault in our stars quotes (it is one of my favorite books)

And by the way thank you for 500+ reads!! I know it is not much but this is my first fanfiction and it means a lot to me that it reached 500 reads. Thank you so much for reading!!! Hope you have a good day. Au revoir!!