Ch.14

"Shit, what happened now?"
I raced down stairs and opened the door to see two police officers waiting.
"Hello?"
"Hi there, we work at the police department a couple blocks away and we wanted to ask some questions."
Jake had come down from upstairs and was standing behind me holding lightly onto my waist. "Wait why? What happened? he asked.

"Can we come inside?" They asked ignoring Jake.
"Is it okay if we do it out here? I'm willing to answer the questions just not inside my own house."

"Alright."
We sat down on the grass while the cops were sitting down on the steps to the front door.

"Where were you guys last night?"
"We were hanging out with some friends."

"Okay. Can you tell me their names?"
"Why?" Jake asked getting suspicious.
"It's fine Jake chill."

"Okay, so their names?"
"Jackson, Sebastian, Elijah."
"Last names?" They were writing all down on a piece of paper that was on a clip board.

"Uh okay? Jackson Felt, Sebastian Moy, and Elijah Lamb."

"Alright well you guys were reported yesterday at around 10 o'clock to be disturbing the people living around the neighborhood near the elementary school."

"We didn't even do anything though." I said getting defensive.

"Cmon you guys need to come with us, we will be picking up your friends too."
"What? No I'm not going." Jake said.
The officer lead me to the car and I sat down calmly.

"Don't touch me dude, my friends and I did nothing." Jake was getting inside the car and he looked at me.

"Listen to what they have to say. Don't resist. Don't make a scene." Jake could tell I was scared, we didn't do anything, but I feared to be in one of these cars.

They picked up Sebastian and he was in the same car as us. "What the hell happened? My dad is coming to the station and he's going to kill all of us. Oh my god! What did we do?"

They picked up Jackson and Elijah, all I could see was a row of parents following the cars behind us. My parents weren't there and I was going to be in deep shit.

We arrived at the station and as we got out of the cars we all looked at each other. We were scared, there was no lying about that.

We sat down in a small room and they were just talking to us all individually. We all had the same story and no one said anything differently.

We waited for everyone to be talked to and then after they were done a officer walked in.

"Well lucky for you guys you are released. You were no where near the murder that happened in the neighborhood, so just stop being disruptive to people."

We walked out of the room and saw all the parents there waiting for us. Sebastian and his dad walked out quickly. Jackson's dad hit him in the back of the head. Elijah's mom was crying and worried about the whole situation but she gave her son a hug.

Jake's dad was standing there disappointed, "Cmon let's go." He said. Jake turned to me, "You need a ride?"
"No she's fine Jake, stop. You're already in trouble. Now let's go." He rose his voice a little and they both left. I was alone outside the police station sitting on the curve.

"You don't got a home kid?" I looked up and saw the same officer from before.
"My parents are here right now."
"Well, cmon I'll give you a ride."
"Nah it's okay, thanks though. I'll just walk."

I got up from the curve and started to get home.
_______________~_______________
"Hey guys."
"Hey."
Everyone looked sad and I didn't know what was wrong.

"What's wrong, speak up." I waited for them as I sat down in the seat next to Jake. We were in the library again for this lunch period.

"I'm moving to Los Angeles. My dad said that I had finally crossed the line." I looked up at Sebastian and saw a bruise under his eye.
"Oh." I was truly sad, Sebastian and I had gotten close and the fact that he was just moving away sucked. "When?"

"Today. Right after school."
We all went quiet and then we heard him start to cry. "Dude it's gonna be okay." Jackson said comforting him.
"We are still a group. And remember we are still going to live life together, it's just you'll be away.I mean Caleb is away too, so when you come to visit then bring him too."

"Thanks guys."
We all looked at each other again and then smiled. Jackson was trying to make jokes so we would laugh but the only reason we did was because they were stupid.
Afterwards we just talked about random things, we didn't even mention what happened yesterday.
**
I was walking to class with Jake when I finally was able to get a good look at his face. "Jake. Who did that?" He had a cut on his lip and a little bruising on his cheek.

"Don't worry. Are you okay?"

"Yea. I told my parents and they got mad , but they told me that I just wasn't allowed to be out after ten anymore."
He looked down at his shoes and then back at me. His face was sad and all I wanted to do was give him a hug.

"Jake look at me." He looked up and I put my hand on his face. "I got you & you got me."
"Yea I know." He smiled and then grabbed my waist.

I kissed him slowly and he smiled, "Do you even want to be with me?Like seriously."

"Jake stop. I said I choose you, I want you Jake." I kissed him again and then he gave me a hug. I held on until the bell rang, "okay cmon we have to go now."

He looked up at me and laughed.

"What?"

He kissed me again, "race you!" He ran up the stairs quickly to our 5th period class and when I caught up to him I just hugged him.

"Cmon let's go."
"Jake?"

"Yea?"

"I like you."
"Are you just saying that so you know you had me first?" He laughed

"No, I just really like you."
________________________________

We were all saying goodbye, the boys were crying and his dad was getting his stuff in the car.

We each gave him a hug and I was waiting for him at the end.

"Bye Seb." I gave him a hug and a tear slipped from both of our faces.

"Do me a favor."

"Yea?"

"Don't let him treat you like shit, or I'll come back and kill him myself." He leaned in and whispered to me, "Don't get too excited either. I'm letting what we had go only because I'm moving, but I'm still gonna look after you." I laughed and we just gave each other a hug again.

He got into the car and waved us off. We stood there waiting for absolutely nothing, "So what now?"

"We live our lives, we'll see him soon." We all started to walk back home. We said our goodbyes and after that I didn't know what to do.

"Sorry (y/n), I'm grounded. I'll see you at school alright." Jake kissed me on the cheek and I just headed home.

———————————————————————
Hey guys thank for reading

Pls tell what you guys think of the story so far

What do you think is going to happen?

How do you feel about you and Jake getting together?