Ch. 7

It was already 9 in the morning. Jake was still asleep like always.

I walked out of the room and went into the kitchen, and got a water. I was sitting on the couch when a call came in from my phone. "Hello?"

"Where did you go? I wanted to cuddle you more." It was Jake. "You're mean, I wanted to kiss you awake, but nooooooo you had to wake up early."

I laughed and told him to just come downstairs and he could hang out with me down there. He came down and his hair was all over the place, "Jake your hair."

"What about it? You don't like it?" He climbed onto the sofa on top of me and laid down.

"I do like it. Okay you're just going to lay on top of me?" i looked down at him and he was just smiling. "Jake?"

"Yea whats up?"

"Just like how you asked me, "Why didn't I listen Alvaro?", why didn't you go for someone else? I mean there are a million girls at school, but you met me when I was literally about to die."

"Look if you think I'm with you because of pity then just throw that thought away. But the reason I picked you, that will always be my little secret."

"What? Why can't I know?"

"Just because."

"Jake."

"(Y/N)" He got up a little and leaned over to me and kissed me. "Don't be mad."

"You're so annoying"

"I know."

_______________________________

Jake went home and I was now alone on the rainy Saturday, but I decided to go to the bridge. I walked there and brought an umbrella. When I got there I saw someone standing on the ledge, just like how I did when Jake met me. I had the umbrella over me and looked up at the guy standing there. His hair was soaked and so were his clothes, he looked deeply sad, and as I got closer I knew who it was. "Sebastian?"

"Oh hey (y/n)." His eyes were red and looked tired.

"You wanna come down from there?" I now felt the fear that anyone who's tried to save me felt.

"No not really, (y/n) it's never going to get better. I don't want to be here anymore." He had started to cry. "I'm so tired of having to act tough because of my stupid friends, when I'm actually not. I'm a bitch (y/n), so they were right."

"Seb, you don't have to do this. It's going to be okay and you have me. I don't care what people say, I am Sebastian Moy's friend and I want you to be safe, so please come down from there." in my head ran all possible way of saving him from going down onto those rocks that I always feared. The only thing I could think of was how weak his legs probably were.

"Come on Seb." I grabbed his hand and pulled his arm my way quickly. We both fell on the ground and he started crying way more than before. I was now as soaked as he was from the rain.

I got up from the ground and walked over to him, "It's alright." He hugged me really tight and kept crying which made me think of all the times I didn't cry after I got taken down from there but ending up laughing. My head was so destroyed by those ugly thoughts that I was not even sad what I was trying to do. I realized now that Sebastian's circumstances were different from mine. "Hey lets go. You can come over to my house. It's too cold out here and were going to end up sick."

"Okay."

______________________

"(Y/N), why were you on the bridge the night we met?" Sebastian was sitting next to me on the sofa, we had already taken a shower and I let him use my brother's old pajamas.

"When I was in eighth grade I started to have these voices in my head and they haven't really gone away, they've just stayed. Every time I go to the bridge is for one reason only, I go to visit my brother."

It stayed silent, but I could tell Sebastian was looking at me.

"What happened to him?"
I truly didn't want to say because every time I thought about it it makes me want to finally jump from the ledge.

"He died two years ago. He was a college student and he went crazy over there. They were unbelievably torturous to new people in frat houses and my brother thought he was the shit. He went into one of those houses and months after he suddenly disappeared. No one knew where he was, not even the guys from the house. But when we tracked down his car and phone it was at the bridge." I felt my eyes water but I haven't cried talking about in a long time, "He decided to head home, but ended up killing himself at that bridge. I go there to think a lot, sometimes I imagine the pain he felt when he fell. I just didn't want him to know I feel how he feels right now. But I take care of my friends and that's why I didn't want you to do it. You have people who care about you, family and friends. I have my parents but their upstate, I have some friends but I'd rather be alone sometimes." I looked over and saw Sebastian crying. "Dude dont cry." I walked over to him and hugged him.

"I'm really sorry about what happened with him." I wiped a tear off his face and looked at him. "(Y/n)?"

"Yea?"
Sebastian grabbed my cheek and kissed me. To be honest I didn't know what to do, but we were both in so much pain that I just went along with anything. He held onto my waist and I had my hand on the back of his neck and he continued, but I pulled away and looked at him.

"Seb, were not in a good place right now and we aren't thinking straight. Let's just do something else. You wanna watch a movie or something?"

"Sorry I just—"

"It's fine Seb." I smiled at him and he smiled back. The rest of the night was comfortable, we acted like nothing happened and watched some tv.

Sebastian wasn't in the right state of mind and neither was I and that's why Jake will never find out.
_______________________________

Who ever is reading this
THANK YOU SO MUCH 🥺
I really appreciate it

I'll try to come out with a new chapter soon 😎