Ch.1

"Why?"
That was the only question I had

Why did I have to be stupid?

Why did no one want to make me feel wanted?

And as I stood on that ledge I wanted to know why I was doing this.
Why did I feel like this was the only option?
I stood very still because I was still too much of a wimp to jump. Did I really want to die ? Or did I just want it all to stop? My legs were getting sore and I felt like letting my body just be there til it was numb, maybe it'd hurt less. I waited, it was already 11:37 pm, meaning I had been there for about three hours. I looked down at the hands that once felt love and looked out to the water.

"Damn, you good?" A voice behind me came out of no where which scared me. My right leg slipped from the small ledge making me land back on the ledge almost about to fall off. I only had a small bit of strength left from standing so long, I held tightly to the railing attached to the side. The voice came up again and grabbed me back which made both of us fall flat on our backs to the concrete sidewalk.

I breathed heavily but then started laughing.

"B-Bro h-how are y-you laughing?" I forgot the person was still beside me. He was out of breathe but you could still sense the fear in his voice.

"Because I couldn't do it. For the third time I wimped out." I laughed at my own comment and then it just went silent.

"You're crazy." He stood up from the ground and held out his hand. "Let's go, come on."

"Go ahead I don't know you and I don't need a ride." My legs ached so bad I felt like crying.

He yanked my arm up making me sit down correctly. I still didn't look up to see what he looked like I just had my head down. "Oh my god, why would you do that?" He was pacing in front of me back and forth, which made me look up at him.

His hair was floppy and his eyes were small. He looked at me, noticing I was staring. "Why would you do that?" he said while sitting next to me.

"You never know what people are going through. Sometimes it can be your business, and sometimes it's not. Right now it's not." I got up and walked towards my skateboard. I was about to ride off when he grabbed my arm.

"Wait so you're just gonna leave?" I tugged my arm away.

"Don't feel too special, you're just another witness to the "Help (y/n) not die program". I'm off" I rode off feeling the wind in my face.

"I'm Jake." He yelled while I was still going away.

I pushed my right leg for some force for the skateboard and ignored everything else that night.

He was not normal.

There was something that made me feel like he was the one who could help me.

But then again, they all never were.