Chapter 20: wanna grow old (i wont let go)

i put on the backpack.

"What's all in here? Yunno what, tell me in the car." i growl and go outside.

"Pull your dick outta her ass. Why the fuck is she mad?" Mimi smiles.

"She's excited."

"How do you figure?"

"She's getting to do what she's been wanting to do since she got out of the hospital. Put people in their place. Mosey was the last straw." Jahseh says and leaves.

"Leaving me by myself." Mimi mumbles and kisses Billie on the forehead. "Idiots." She closes the door behind her.

•~•

Knock knock

"Mae, look—" Mosey starts.

"I'm sorry." I blurt, tightening the straps on the black backpack.

"No, I'm sorry. For the post, for everything." he goes to hug me and i step back, avoiding eye contact. "Mae— why don't you come in and have a drink?" he says and i do. I sit on the couch and he mumbles something about going to the bathroom.

•~•

(Jahseh's POV:)

I knew who Mae was as soon as I stepped into Jahmont's room that first day she was there.

She's had too much drugs in her system to remember me from before she got arrested the first time.

But trust me, I know her. It's all a lil fuzzy for me too. But that's because i've tried everything to try to forget about her.

Now i'm just trying to figure out why i tried to forget.

"Jackass, what are thinking about?" Mimi says.

"I hope she's okay." i say. I was thinking about that. Somewhere in my mind.

"She'll be fine." she scoffs. "I hope."

*30 minutes later*

Mae runs out of the house and runs as fast as she can to the car. She gets in.

"Drive."

And stokeley takes off.

"Where to next?"

"Gas station. We robbing it. Killin everyon in there and getting free gas."

••••••

yes i am dragging this out

because

i can

:)

we almost at 21k reads 🥳

first chapter of the prequel is done, but not published.

ion know if y'all are ready for that.

but i just gotta tie up most of the loose ends in this book. starting next chapter