Chapter 3: UGLY

Listen to UGLY

"Oh, they're good kids, of course." Missy says, smiling again.

"Ok..." Jahmont trails off. "So what are we gonna do with her?" he points at me.

ok so lil offended. should i be? no, but i am. a little.

"Boi, she can stay in here with y'all." Missy says and leaves.

"So....." he starts.

"So....." i smirk.

"My dad told us that you're crazy."

"Yeah, so?"

"Try to not kill me in my sleep." Jahmont smiles.

"Eh, better not piss me off." I shrug and Jahmont chuckles. "But seriously, don't piss me off." i say, turning serious. Jahmont stops laughing. "Anyway—"

"Vro— who is this?" A guy— a cute guy— walks in with two other guys following him.

"My uh, foster sister. Jahseh, this is Mae. Mae, this is Jahseh." Jahmont says and Jahseh gives me a hug and i pat his back and grab his wallet from his back pocket. "This is Stokeley and Michael." they hug me too and i do the same to them. I slip their wallets in my pockets with them noticing.

"Jahmont?! Mae?!" Xylia runs into the room. "Hi stokeley." she smiles shyly.

"Hey Xylia." Stokeley says without looking up from his phone.

"What do you want Xylia?" Jahmont asks.

"Mama said to tell you to get y'all asses in here to eat now." she says very sassy and i smile.

"Watch yo mouth." Stokeley says.

"Sorry Stokeley Pokeley." she puts her head down.

"It's okay Xylia. When pretty girls say ugly words, it makes them seem ugly too." Stokeley says.

"I'm not ugly, am i Stokeley?" Xylia asks hopefully.

"Of course not. You're the prettiest girl I know." Stokeley smiles at her.

"I know y'all niggas hungry, let's go." Jahmont says. Xylia gasps.

"You said an ugly word!" she exclaims. "Stokeley, is he ugly now?"

"He's been ugly for awhile now." Stokeley mumbles. I grab Xylia's hand and she looks up at me and smiles. I give her a small one back and she leads me into the dining room. I sit next to her.

"Mae?" she says quietly and i look at her. "You're very pretty."

"You're way prettier than i could ever be, Xylia." i smile at her.

"Thank you." she giggles. I nod and she places a stuffed animal in the spot on the other side of her.

The boys walk in and Jahmont sits on the right side of me and jahseh sits by him. Stokeley moves Xylia's stuffed animal and sits next to her and Michael sits next to Stokeley.

"Hey boys. Jahmont! Boi, when they leave, clean yo damn room! Goddamn!" Missy yells and he grumbles in response. Missy sets salad on the table and walks back in the kitchen.

"She said ugly words." Xylia whispers to stokeley and he nods.

"Mae." Jahmont says. "Hey." I look up at him.

"What?" i snap.

"Damn ma, why you gotta attitude?" Jahseh said.

"Why you gotta be in my business for?" i huff.

"Someone need to come get her." Jahseh says, rolling his eyes.

"Jahmont, what do you want?" i ask impatiently.

"I- uh- forgot." he says.

"Wasting my time and yours." i mutter, sighing.

"Xylia, get yo sister." Jahseh shakes his head.

"Boi, shut up." i growl. I grab his wallet from my pocket. "Cheap ass, only got 10 dollars." i toss his wallet to him.

"Ope-" Jahmont laughs.

"What the fuck, vro? How'd you even-" jahseh seems angry.

out of the corner of my eye i see stokeley and michael reach into their pockets.

"I have y'alls wallets too, don't even." I smirk.

"Huh?" Stokeley says.

"What the—"

"All y'all broke as hell too, god." i toss their wallets to them.

"Jahmont, what the fuck? Yo sister crazy."

"We been knew bruh, chill." i say and take a sip of my water.