Chapter 3: Moonlight

Listen to Moonlight

*The next day in Health class*

"K class, we have a new student today." Mr. Lund says and moves to the side to reveal a girl.

"My name's Billie." the girl says.

"Woah." Mimi smiles. "She's dope as fuck."

"Ooooh M-mimi!" I exclaim.

"Oh shut the hell up." she says, smiling a little now.

"Billie!" X calls her over and she smiles.

"Wow. She has a nice smile." Mimi sighs.

"Amirah, you're drooling over there. You got a little on your chin." Luke taunts and Mimi wipes at her chin.

"Nuh-uh!" Mimi exclaims. "Lies! You crunchy hoe!"

"How am I a hoe if I'm dating your best friend? Idiot." Luke asks.

"Cuz you prolly dated 15 hoes before Mae. Idiot." Mimi mocks, crossing her eyes.

"G-g-guys...." I say.

"Hush!" Luke says and they keep arguing.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Mimi says.

"Like what? She's my girlfriend, I'll talk to her however I want." Luke says back.

I put my head down on the desk.

"Psst. Aye aye!" someone taps and whispers to me.

I look up and it's Ski.

"What?" I whisper.

"Wanna sit with us?"

"W-what a-about Mimi? And L-luke?" I whisper back.

"I'll ask." he says and clears his throat. Mimi looks at him slowly. Luke snaps his head towards him, wondering why another guy was talking to me. "Do all of you guys wanna come and sit with us?"

"I'll go!" Mimi says instantly and I giggle.

"I-i'm in." I say after. We all look at Luke and he sighs.

"Fine." he says, flatly.

"Yay!" I squeal and he smiles at me, grabbing my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

Mimi stands up and I grab my stuff, pulling away from Luke. He frowns a little and gathers his stuff, following close behind us as we sit in a circle that we made of desks.

X sits across from me and Luke and Mimi sits on either side of me. Mimi and Billie are next to each other and Luke and Ski are next to each other.

"X." I nod at him and he smiles and gives me a wave. "B-billie." I smile at her and she looks at me flatly.

Okay pal.

"Hey white boy! Whass yo name?" Ski asks.

"Luke." he says simply.

"Ight. You?" he points at Mimi.

"Mimi." she smiles.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." Ski winks playfully.

Oop-

"Thank you."

"Mae?" Luke says.

"Y-yes?" I ask.

"Wanna hear a joke?" he smiles. His smile. It's cute. Charming. His smile makes me smile.

"Yeah!" I nod.

"What do you call a nerd with a girlfriend?" he asks.

"You! Hahahahahahaha that's funny as hell. Good joke." Mimi laughs.

"Dayum! She got you there!" X exclaims, laughing.

"I wake up, I throw up, I feel like I'm dead. Aye, I wake up, I throw, I feel like I'm dead. I wake up, I throw up, I feel like I'm dead." Diego walks passed us, repeating.

"Okay........" Ski says.

"I-i-i-i-i-i— ugh!" I sigh.

"Breathe." Billie instructs.

I take a deep breath.

"I w-want to know why you p-p-pick on him." I point to Luke.

"It's fun." Mimi shrugs and X nods, laughing. Ski does the same and Billie just looks at me like I'm stupid.

I think she doesn't like me that much.

Understandable.

"W-w-well, it's isn't to me." I frown.

"It's fine. It's all in good fun. Don't worry about it." Luke says, not looking at me.

"O-kay." I look down at my binder.

The others carry on with a different topic and I just stare at my purple binder, feeling stupid. The must all think that I'm slow or something.

I'm an idiot.

"—Mae? What do you think?" Mimi asks.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Ugh. Nevermind. She probably doesn't even understand what we're saying." Luke rolls his eyes.

"F-f-f-fuck you." I say. I'm angry now.

"Woah!" Ski says.

"Damn." Billie says.

"Mae, sh-sh-sh-shut the hell up." Luke mocks me.

"Woah, woah, woah. Hold up, bitch." X says. "No need to be doing that extra shit. Leave her alone man. She was thinking about something else and wasn't paying attention. Chill."

"Shut up Jahseh. She's my girlfriend not yours, I'll do whatever the fuck I want."

Oh shit

"H-hey guys, um—"

"No listen. I don't care what you say. It's probably not important and I won't care. But this douchebag ain't telling me what to do." he points at X.

"Now we got a fucking problem." X stands up, clenching his fists. "Now, I'm mad."

•°•°•°

Oh shit.

Okay um

Well wtf Luke? Stop being a little bitch.

Mimi— Billie

That's all.

Who tf is Diego?

Anyway I am bored now

Bye you whores 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♂️