Chapter Four

Chapter Four

    Damian took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeve. Lenna ran over to his side and began to inspect his arm.
    “It’s not that bad. The bullet went all the way through. Does anyone have any gawze?” She asked. I handed her my med kit as she began to clean up Damians arm. As she did this I began to take things out of my bag to let dry for the time being. I put my curls in a high bun and took off my jacket because of how soaked it was and looked to see if the bag I had my change of clothes in allowed any water to bleed through.
     “Are you alright?” Milo asked me as I continued going through my things.
     “Yeah I’m alright. We need to find food. We have enough water but all the food got soaked.”
     “I have an Idea of where we are. There should be a hidden house around here. There should be food and things there.” He explained.
     “We should get moving then. We don’t know how long before more officers start coming towards where we are.” Lenna tells us as I begin to put my things in my bag and we begin to move towards where the house should be.
     “Are you good to walk Damian?” I joked with him.
     “The infamous Allonia jokes?’ Lenna laughs.
     “Haha very funny.” I rolled my eyes as we continued to walk.

    We made it to the hidden house just before dark. We were all in desperate need of shows because of the way our clothing dried on our bodies.
“There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms. There is clothing in both closets and food in the kitchen. Remember to check dates, it’s not always checked.” Milo explains to us more or less looking at me when stating the last part.
“Got it.” I said as I ran to one of the rooms to grab clothes and shower. After grabbing leggings, a plain black t shirt, my undergarments from my bag and a towel I went into the bathroom to shower. The water was cold but it was better than nothing. I rushed to wash my hair and the rest of my body and jumped out of the shower. After getting dressed I continued to dry my hair as I walked into the bedroom. I laid out all of my things to dry more when I heard a knock on the door.
“Come in.”
“Lenna is in the other room with Damian and I am not getting in the middle of that. Can I shower in here?” Milo asked.
“It’s all yours.” I told him as I continued to go through my things. He smiled at me and ran to the bathroom. After I finished setting out my things I went to the kitchen to grab something edible to eat. While I was going through the cabinets Lenna came down.
“How's your lover boy?” I asked her as she walked in.
“He isn’t my lover boy.” She blushed as she grabbed a nutri grain bar. “What about you and Milo?”
“I am just focused on finding my brother, that's it.” I rolled my eyes, grabbing a bag of granola.
“Whatever you say. By the way I am staying with Damian to keep an eye on him.” She tells me.
“Sure go keep an eye on him.” I winked as she rolled her eyes, grabbing a nutrigrain bar before walking back towards the rooms. Shortly after I went back to the room. When I got to the room Milo was setting up a makeshift bed on the floor.
“Take the bed Lenna dropped the news on me already.” He states as he lays down on the floor.
“I won’t argue with that.” I tell him as I get into the bed. “Milo?”
“Yeah?”
“Do you remember what it was like before all of this?”
“Yeah. I was only 11 so it is a little fuzzy. I just remember my parents taking us to the forest before things got so bad. My mom had connections and there were people already building homes in the middle of the forest to keep people safe. There were a few ex military soldiers there because they didn’t believe in what was going on either.”
“Do you know what caused the officers to not come into the woods?” I asked him out of genuine curiosity.
“Honestly, I don’t know. No one really knows the full story except the chief.”
~~~~~
10 years ago
The government had called everyone outside of their homes and into the town hall a week after the rioting stopped. It was mandatory that everyone attended and they had to come in person. When we got there families had all taken their seats in their designated areas and waited to see what was going to happen. Honestly whether or not if they were going to kill us or not.
“Today makes a new day.” the speaker stated as everyone stayed silent waiting for a bomb to drop. “We have gotten rid of those who tried to keep us from this new day. We are in a better era, a safer one.” A few hands gave him an applause but still silence. “Everyone will receive new jobs that will benefit our new pure society, as well as new homes. You guys will have better lives.”
“What if we don’t want these new lives?” A man asked standing up.
“Oh you will do as I say and if not then you will suffer the consequences.” As soon as the speaker said consequences the man was taken by surrounding guards and brought to the stage with handcuffs on his wrists. “Now if you feel the need to go against what is right, this is what will happen.” Bang! We all watched in horror as the man was shot in the head for speaking up.
“Now is there anything else?” The speaker asked, “No? Good go to your homes and pack lightly.” With that everyone left the hall quietly.
~~~~~
When I woke up Milo was next to me. When he noticed I was awake he held a finger to his lips and pointed to the door. He was on high alert and pointed to the door. I nod as I slowly got up and moved towards my bag. I put my necessities back in and grab my knife. We slowly moved towards the door opening it and checking if the cost was clear. Then all you hear is Lenna scream and we start running towards it.
“Please no we mean no harm.” Lenna cried while her and Damian were tied up.
“How the hell did you guys find this?” A female asked as she held a knife close to Lennas neck.
“Delilah, relax. They are with me.” Milo told her calmly as her eyes lit up when she realized it was Milo.
     “Oh my god! Milo!” She shrieked and hugged Milo. I rolled my eyes as I went and untied Lenna and Damian.
     “You know her?” Damian asked.
     “Yeah.” Milo said quietly.
     “We grew up together. How do you know them?” Delilah asked more so looking at me.
     “Tamia.” Milo stated, blankly.
     “What happened, is she okay?” She asked.
     “Tamia is fine. Milo is taking us to your chief so I can help my brother.” I interrupted.
     “Oh. How are we supposed to help you? If the government has him there is no way of us helping you.” She shrugged, still clinging to Milo.
     “Well luckily that is not up to you.” I say sarcastically. Delilah just looked at me shocked as I walked back to the room and put my things in my bag.
     “Are you okay?” Milo asked me as I began to look for a change of clothes to put in my bag.
     “I am great. You finally got her off of you?” I asked sarcastically. Milo just looked at me as I put things in my bag. Was she his girlfriend? What’s the point of asking? As soon as we get to his chief he will never have to see me again. I will get my brother and then things will be back to normal.
     “I just wanted to check on you.” He said finally as I began to put my hair in a puff.
     “Well I am just here to find my brother. So I will be okay when I have my brother. Now if you are done with the questions I would like to leave. The quicker we find my brother the sooner I will be out of your hair and the quicker you can get back to Delilah.” I say harshly. Grabbing my bag and leaving the room.

     We finally left after 30 minutes of waiting. Lenna, Damian and I were waiting for Milo and Delilah to come out. And as soon as they came out they were both giggling and laughing which just made me more annoyed. We let them lead the way as I stayed back with Lenna and Damian.
     “Are you alright?” Lenna whispered to me.
     “Yeah, I just want my brother back.” I shrugged as we continued to walk. Milo and Delilah were busy talking and catching up. Lenna had her attention on Damian and I was left to be a fifth wheel on whatever this was, great.
     After a short while we stopped to have a break on walking. I decided to sit farther away from the group because quite honestly I didn’t want to bother anyone with my annoyance of Delilah. After a few minutes though Damian walked over.
     “You good?” He asked as he sat next to me.
     “Aren’t you missing out on the couple action?” I roll my eyes.
     “Ehh. Delilah is ogling Milo and Milo is more worried about you.” He said nonchilantly. Which slightly made me feel better. 
     “Hmm. Seems unlucky.” I state as I watch the way they are looking at each other.
     “Well from a male point of view you’re in the clear. Come on.” He states as we both get up and walk towards the group.
     “About time.” Lenna smiled at me.
     “Are we ready to go?” Delilah asked and everyone nodded their heads. Delilah walked towards Milo but he just shook his head and she went to the front. He silently came towards the back and walked with me.
~~~~~
3 years ago
“Just come. It is not always that they allow us to have a dance among the others.” Lenna begged me. She was trying to convince me to go to a dance that the government was allowing the town to hold. However, for all we know it could have been a trick.
“Please! I even got us both dresses.” Lenna begged.
“Only for an hour.” I rolled my eyes, after caving. Lenna shrieked and hugged me.

Lenna had gotten me a red dress while she got herself a bright yellow one. We made it to the dance and it was mostly teens and those in their early twenties.
“Come on let's go dance.” She smiled excitedly. Not like I had much of a choice because she dragged me to the center and began dancing. So, what else could I do other than dance? We danced for a while until someone cut in.
“Hey. I’m Quincy, do you want to dance?” He asked, referring to me.
I opened my mouth to say no but Lenna opened her mouth first telling him yes and pushing me with him. He started dancing and I just stood there for a moment.
“You don’t do much do you?” He asked and I shook my head. “What’s your name at least.” He asked as we walked to the snack bar.
“Allonia.” I tell him quietly.
“That’s a pretty name.” He smiled at me and I looked down shyly.
“Thanks.”
It was quiet for a moment as we grabbed something to snack on. Until Quincy began to talk.
“I’m sorry if I scared you or anything. I just thought you were pretty, and with everything going on we should be bold and live everyday like it’s our last. Right?” He smiled.
“Yeah, I guess you're right.” I smiled at him, hugging him. “I’m sorry for being stand offish.”
“Hey you have all right to be scared. We don’t know each other.” He replied.
We ended up going back to the dance floor and actually danced. I was beginning to have fun and began to like his company. But that was very short lived when the officers began to come in. Everyone got quiet and froze looking at them with their guns.
“Oh don’t stop on our account.” one stated looking at everyone. They began to walk deeper into the large crowd. One stopped at me and Quincy, looking me up and down. Quincy glared at him and he just laughed as he grabbed me.
“Mind if I take her for a spin?” It was more of a statement than a question.
“I do mind.” Quincy snapped back.
“Oh you're a strong willed one.” He chuckled.
“Let her go.” Quincy hissed at him, attempting to control his anger.
“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” He stated as he went for his gun.
“Quincy I am okay.” I lied, I was scared beyond comprehension but I couldn’t tell him that.
“Listen to her Quincy.” He taunted, and that was it Quincy launched himself at him.
“No!” I screamed as the officer pulled his gun out on him. Other officers began to surround him as Quincy got on his knees and put his hands up and behind his head. The officers cuffed him and took him away. Before they took him away he looked at me and mouthed “I’m sorry” with tears in his eyes. And that was the last I saw him.

     Hey. I hope you enjoyed the first 4 technically 5 chapters. I have been working really hard on these and I honestly am putting a lot into this book. However do bare with me I do move quick in some aspects, its seriously out of habit, and honestly thats how my brain works when I am writing these books. I do have other books on here however I wrote them when I was a freshman in high school and now I am almost done with my sophmore year of college. You get the picture? Anyways i hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Until next time.
~A