Chapter Twenty Three

I woke up the following morning with something heavy around my waist, and extremely hot. I could also feel someone’s breath on me. Let me tell you it wasn’t a pleasant smell, morning breath. I guess Milo ended up pulling me closer when I fell asleep. No matter how cute he probably looked right now I need to get up.
“Milo.” I nudged him, he wouldn’t budge. “Milo.” I said a little louder while still nudging him. Why is he pretty much a boulder? “Milo!” I yell finally and that’s what wakes him up.
“Good morning.” He smiles as he pulls me closer sleepily.
“I need to get up.” I roll my eyes. He still had his eyes closed.
“It’s not nice to roll your eyes.” He smirks. “But we need to clean your wounds.”
He finally let me up and I bolted to the bathroom. I quickly did my morning routine ending with brushing my teeth. I looked in the mirror and I looked god awful. My hair was wild, some curls were still intact others were a frizzy mess. I rush out with the toothbrush hanging from my mouth.
     “This is what I have been looking like?” I ask as Milo rolls over. 
     Milo finally got up with a groan and got the things together to clean and dress my wounds. He completely ignored my question which was honestly very annoying. I finished brushing my teeth and then Milo traded places going to the bathroom to get himself together. Soon coming out to help me clean and dress the wounds. Majority of them are smaller whereas the one on my stomach is much larger and hurt the most. 
     What hurt most was peeling off the previous dressing, mainly the one on my stomach. The wounds were mostly closed because of the scabbing some of it would come off with the bandaging. I held back a gasp and allowed Milo to continue the dressing. He had to apply an ointment to my stomach. He was very gentle going over the “scar” there was some bruising around the area.
     My mind drifted off to how things could have been different. Would we have met outside of all of this? Would we have found our ways to each other? I would have been a lot different if this all hadn’t happened. I probably would have been a lot nicer of a person. But would Milo be the same? Would I still feel the same way that I do about him now? 
     “All done.” He says taking me out of my thoughts.
     “Alright. What is on the to do today?” I asked as I got up. He looked at me as if I had just strangled his puppy.
     “We are staying here. You heard the doctor yesterday, you need rest.” He shook his head in disbelief.
     “I wanted to see how everyone was doing. Plus I miss my team.” I mutter giving him the puppy dog eyes.
     “They are all busy.” I could tell that in some way he was lying. I gave him a look and he just sighed. “Hurry and get dressed.” I gave him a huge smile running up to him to kiss his cheek and grabbed a pair of shorts and a t- shirt, making my way to the bathroom.

     Before I knew it we were at the bootcamp. Everyone was running laps around the perimeter. It didn’t take long for Jacob to notice us and when I tell you he ran up like a little boy to hug me he did. Imagine a ball of blonde running up to you, basically a golden retriever. He was gentle but picked me up and hugged me.
     “Allonia!” He shrieked like a little school girl.
     “Jacob relax!” Milo rolled his eyes as Jacob put me down.
     “It’s not my fault. You don’t tell me anything anymore.” He pouted.
     “How are you feeling?” Raphael asked as he made his way over.
     “I feel pretty good.” I smiled. “When can we sneak in some training?” I whispered but Milo heard me and gave me a look.
     “He is my higher up Lonia.” Raphael chuckled looking towards Milo.
     We all continued to talk for a bit before Delilah made her way over towards us. She held her head up high, but something was different. Her usual confidence was slowly diminishing.
     “I see that you’re feeling better.” Delilah smiles towards us.
     “Don’t you have to train the recruits?” I state as I cross my arms.
     “It will be a while before they are done.” She looked at me smugly.
     “I’m doing fine. Just need to figure out who did this to me.” The words came out a lot rougher than I planned. Delilah looked taken back from my tone. Serves her right what she did to me was horrible. I guess Milo felt the anger that I was feeling because soon after he wrapped an arm around my waist.   Delilah looked at it and scowled. I nuzzled into Milo further, very petty but I can do as I please.
     “So that means soon you could do some training?” She asks.
     “No she isn’t. Allonia you need rest.” Milo looks at me but I just avoid eye contact. I do need to train but he is right. I do need to take it easy but looking at Delilah just boils my blood.
     “What happened to your hands?” I ask. Her hans had burn marks on the palms and fingertips.
     “I just grabbed something that was a little too hot.” She mutters, hiding her hands behind her back.
     “You guys should come to dinner tonight. Everyone wants to see how Allonia is doing.” Jacob smiles.
     “Yeah, especially Kenzo.” Delilah smirked before walking away from us. Milo tensed up but relaxed quickly as the recruits made their way to the open field.