Chapter Two

Chapter Two
“How was the woods?” Andreus asked as he helped me clean up the living room.
“It was interesting. We found a river.” I smiled as I wiped down the coffee table.
“No one caught you two?” He asked.
“Well it came close for some reason two people were there, but it seemed like they were not the only ones there.”
“What do you mean? Is it not safe?” He stammered.
“Andreus Lenna and I are fine. We got out before they got too close.” I told him as he slowly began to relax.
    “You can’t go back for a while. The government has been too close and were questionable about you and Lenna whereabouts.” He began to tell me and I guess he saw the fear in my expression when he continued. “Everything is fine mom and dad handled it. They just said you two were really sick and needed a few days.”
     “How is mom holding up with Ancel being with dad?”
     “He is safe as long as he is with dad. I just don’t know though, they have been taking a lot of kids lately.”
     “How many did they take?” I asked, stopping and sitting on the sofa.
     “20 maybe 30.”
     “This week?” I asked, cutting him off.
     “Within the past two days. It’s getting bad, not to mention with all of the rumors resurfacing these foresters.”
     “What are they planning to do?”
     “No one knows we just know they are taking the kids. Maybe to groom the next group of military. I guess it’s easier to break them down when they are young.”
     “It’s lights out soon kids. Start getting to bed.” Our mom called from upstairs.
     “Go upstairs I am going to grab a drink before I go up.” I tell my brother as he nods and walks upstairs. As I went to the kitchen I heard a knock on the door. I paused for a moment not knowing what to do and they began to bang on the door.
     “Open the door.” They said sternly. I honestly just assumed it was an officer.
     When I opened the door I realized it wasn’t an officer. “Who are you?” I said impatient.
     “Allonia?” He asked unsure.
     “Yes, now who are you?”
     “I work at the plant with your dad. Is your family asleep?” He asked patiently, as he began to walk into the room
     “Bad news?” I asked, shutting the door.
     “Could you just get your family please. I am not willing to deal with you right now. Just want to talk to your mom and brother.” He said getting annoyed.
     “Sure. Don’t have to be an ass about it though.” I muttered, rolling my eyes and walking upstairs to get my family.
     “Damian?” My sister asked as she came down the steps. “What's wrong?”
     “I am sorry I wish I came with good news.” Damian began.
     “Just rip off the bandaid Damian.”Andreus stated.
     “Your brother was taken. They made him go to the plant, so that  it would be easier to take him.” He told us as my mom began to burst into tears.
     “No. They are supposed to come home tomorrow.” My mother cried.
     “That’s not it, is it?” I asked, trying to comfort my mother.
     “Your dad tried to save Ancel, but…” He paused.
     “No. My dad isn’t dead.” Alondra finally spoke as tears started to fill in her eyes.
     “I am so sorry.” Was all he said. “I will let myself out.” He began to walk out and I followed behind him as my sister took over consoling my mother.
     “Can you tell me everything that happened?” I asked, shutting the door behind me.
     “I would rather not say.” Damian told me, stopping in his tracks. “You should go inside its almost curfew.
     “Please, it's my dad and brother we are talking about.”
     “You haven’t been much of a daughter much less a sister. Where are you always sneaking off to, with Lenna?” He retorted.
     “That is none of your business. I am trying to help my family in this mess of a world we live in.” I snapped back.
     “You are so worried about your family? You leave for days, weeks at a time, and everyone has to pick up your slack. The fact that you don’t know anyone to begin with says otherwise.”
     “You do not know me.” I said attempting to calm down.
     “I don’t? Allonia we grew up together. These are the people that have lived here since before everything happened.” He said harshly. “For someone who states that they are so family oriented, explain why you are out here bickering with me and not with your mourning family. Or the fact that you should have been here with your family, and not running around with Lenna.”
     “How dare you?!” I snap. Before I realized I pushed him. “Oh my God I am sorry. I didn’t mean to.” I stammer as he gets up brushing himself off.
     “I should go. And you should go inside.” He says and with that he walked away.