Chapter Twenty Four

Milo
I was able to Allonia for a few moments before there was a knock on the door. A groan escaped my lips as Allonia giggled at me. I reluctantly let go over her as she limped towards the door. It wasn't a horrible limp but it was enough to notice. When she opened the door it was her mother and siblings. Her mother was holding a bag as she walked through the door.
"Hello you two." Sandra looked between us before settling herself in the kitchen.
"We interrupted something didn't we?" I hear Alondra whisper to Allonia. Allonia just shrugs looking back at me as they both wandered to the kitchen.
"I grabbed you some things from home." Sandra smiled as she began unpacking the bag. "I got your clothes which you got already but I also got the box from under your bed. With all of Stefano's things."
"Who is Stefano?" I ask. Slight jealousy came up but also I was curious because I can't remember Allonia mentioning him.
"He was an older librarian in our town who passed. Allonia was very close with him and his wife, Lucia." Andreus answers as Allonia goes through the box with tears in her eyes. She went through many journals and drawings, along with some pictures. I moved closer to her to get a closer look making sure not to disrupt her.
"The ring." She gasps as she picks it up. A tear escaping her eye. I came closer to her rubbing her shoulder to show that I was here for her. She turned into me and began sobbing. I don't know how recent the loss was but it was a big enough loss to upset her like this. Then everything else on top of that. I genuinely felt sorry for her. She isn't fragile but her heart is. Losing people closest to her had to have a toll on her and this was just an additive, a reminder of those losses.
"I'm sorry baby. I thought this would make you happy." Sandra rubs Allonia's back to help sooth her.
"We will come by later." Andreus tells me as he takes his mom out of the house. Alondra was ready to walk out with them, but I stopped her.
"Could you stay with Allonia? I have to talk to the chief about something." I ask her and she nods. "I will be right back alright?" I tell Allonia cupping her face in my hands she nods and I kiss her forehead before letting her go and leaving.

"What is it that you need now Milo?" Chief Gam asks as I walk into her office.
"We need to get a group together to get the kids out of that camp." I tell her with more confidence than I actually had. I don't have an actual plan but something needs done.
"What is your plan then? I am assuming this is about Allonia?" She was growing impatient so I had to come up with something on the spot.
"We get some of our fighters to travel in a few cars with the trailers on the back to the camp. Some will go on foot a few days prior to scope everything out and then we will go in taking out a few guards retrieving the kids." I explain. Gam looked very thoughtful before responding.
"You may get a group to lead and help build a better plan. You have three days to figure everything out. In the meantime I will make sure that all of our fighters train for the time being. You are dismissed before I change my mind." I nodded my head in response and rushed out of the room.
When I finally got out I felt a slight weight lifted off of my shoulders. We are going to get Allonia's brother and also save as many other kids that we can. I walked over to the bootcamp area to talk to Jacob and Raphael.
~~~~~
3 Years ago
Chief Gam had called me in for some reason. She didn't explain she just sent one of her guards to come tell me that she needed to have a word with me. I was sitting outside of her door as I heard yelling.
"Mom I refuse to go!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I didn't know that Chief even had a child let alone a daughter.
"Mag... you are the only person I trust to go." Chief spoke calmly.
Mag lied?? She told us her family was gone. At least she made us all believe she had no family.
"So you can't claim me nor speak to me yet I can go on missions for you? An extremely dangerous one at that?" Mag snapped.
"You are the only one who can get in without being harmed."
"That is not my problem. He would still have me killed if he finds out." Who is he? I know eavesdropping is bad but I couldn't help it if they were both screaming. The voices calmed down only a few minutes before Mag stormed out ignoring me in the process.
"Come in Milo." Chief sighed out of frustration.
"You wanted to speak with me ma'am?" I asked as I walked in, stopping in front of her desk.
"I assume you heard what happened." She looked at me pointedly as I nodded in agreement. There was no point in lying, anyone in a five mile radius would have heard their argument. "Mag needs to go to a government base to go undercover for a while. I am entrusting you, Jacob and Raphael to escort her to make sure she makes it there safely."
"May I ask why we are taking her?"
"No you may not. She is under strict orders to keep this to herself as well, understood?" I just nod and then get dismissed.
When I made my way outside of the building I found Mag on the steps. "I know you heard." was all she said as I sat next to her.
"Why didn't you tell us?" I asked.
"You know how she is already. You listen or else, it's even worse for me." Mag had her head resting on her knees holding her body close to her.
"We wouldn't have said anything though."
"I just couldn't risk it." Mag pushed one of her dreadlocks behind her ear. I could tell that she had been crying but I didn't want to push it.
"When do we have to leave?" I asked, somewhat changing the topic.
"Tomorrow morning." She stated as she got up. "See you tomorrow."
She left immediately after that. This was the first time I ever saw Mag look defeated. I hoped what she had to do was quick but the back of my mind told me this wasn't just some short little mission.
~~~~~
"What are you doing here?" Raphael asks me as I walk towards him.
"I have a proposition and I need Jacob too." I tell him. He looked at me confused but still got Jacob leaving Annabelle and Jessabelle with the groups. We walked towards the stage so that they were still close enough to help if needed.
"Is everything alright?" Jacob asks as we all sit down.
"We need to come up with a plan to get the kids from that camp." I began.
"Are you crazy? We don't have enough manpower to do that." Raph speaks up
"Chief Gam gave the okay. As long as we come up with a good plan." They both look at me as if I have gone crazy. Maybe I have? But right now isn't the time to question my sanity. "We have to find her brother." I muttered.
"Look we got you no matter what just want to make sure you are going to go about this right." Raphael looks at me with a concerned look.
We all sat there for a bit watching the recruits train. My mind kept wandering back to Allonia. I shouldn't have left like that but I want her to feel better. I want to see her happy. After letting her go I did at some points go back to her town on occasion to check on her. I beat myself up for the first few days because of how she cried. I hated that I hurt her but I felt like it needed to be done. But gradually she did start to look happier. I know it does seem a little stalkerish. Okay it is stalkerish I shouldn't have done it but I had to make sure she was happy. Eventually she did start to show that she was better and that was when I officially stopped going back. I thought she was better off.
"So what is the plan?" Jacob asks, pulling me from my thoughts.
"I was thinking we have two groups. One goes a few days before to scout the area. Find out any kind of information that they can get and we plan an attack accordingly. We most likely would be better off sneaking in and retrieving the kids." I admit.
"That isn't a horrible plan. We can work out any kinks and get a team together." Raphael responds. He and Jacob exchange looks between themselves before nodding in agreement.
I stay for a short while longer. The recruits were doing much better, this could be their first assignment if we go about it correctly. There is no room for error, we will only have one shot at this and one only.
Soon I find myself back home but only to find Alondra and Allonia in a deep conversation. It looks serious. Maybe I should just head to my room before I interrupt them.
"Allonia she can't just get away with this and you know that." I hear Alondra groan.
"First Delilah can be a sick person but she isn't stupid." Allonia explains.
"Allonia you could have died!" Alondra yells.
I had enough. She knew this whole time. "It was Delilah?" I finally ask, trying to hold back my anger. Fear consumes Allonia, she goes completely pale. Her eyes locked with mine and I instantly realized I heard correctly.

Shorter chapter. But we are getting closer to the end of the book. There is only a handful of chapters left. Right now I am pretty unclear about the amount. However Animalistic will be posted a few weeks after the end of this. As well as in the time period I will have posted more in depth flashbacks in a seperate "book" Please go follow @orangekoala.wattpad on instagram. I will begin to post more updates and things of that nature. See you guys next Friday.