Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen
I honestly don't know what came over me. Was it anger, jealousy? Well, I couldn't be jealous because he wasn't exactly mine, so I will go with the first and say it was anger. I stormed up to the stage pissed off and before I could even react to what I was doing I punched Delilah in the face. She fell back onto the floor clenching her face in pain as I stormed off the stage.
"Go help your girlfriend. She needs you." I growled at Milo as he stood there shocked. I didn't give him a chance to respond before I stormed out of the cafeteria. Honestly, all I could see at this point was red. I was beyond livid, but I was also hurt and everything just hit me in the face. Everything that she said about those trapped kids, how she acted around Milo as if he was hers.
I walked back towards the apartments but it wasn't until I sat on the bench on the outside of the apartments that I noticed that Milo had followed me. I averted my eyes to keep from having any kind of eye contact with him. I was still angry with him, well mostly hurt. I get that I was still hurting when we crossed paths again but I would have preferred him telling me who he was, to begin with. Even when he was trying to be cold towards me I still already felt as though I knew him but I guess I never actually knew him.
"Could you please talk to me. Allonia this silence is quite literally killing me." He finally spoke. I stayed quiet. I couldn't talk to him though. I didn't know if I was going to start screaming or if I was going to just break down. "I get that you are upset with me, but I had nothing to do with her being here. I am sorry for what I put you through, I should have told you from the start. But I didn't know how you would have reacted. I didn't know if because of me, you wouldn't have come for our help. I remember how you used to talk about your family. I couldn't risk it. But that was obviously a mistake it wasn't worth a repeat of the past." I cut him off by finally hugging him and bursting into tears. I am realizing just how emotional I am, or just how in control of my emotions he has.
The hug shocks him for a moment but it isn't long before he wraps his warm arms around me. Letting me let out all of the emotions I had out into his chest. He soothingly rubbed my back tracing my back with his fingers lightly. We didn't say anything for a few moments, we just allowed ourselves to bask in the familiar warmth that we both missed.
I slowly pulled myself away from his embrace and wiped away the tears. " Welp seems like I am an emotional child." I joke after I finish wiping away the tears.
"You have your rights," Milo smirks as he wipes my cheek with his thumb. "I really am sorry, Allonia."
"I know. I forgive you, I understand why you did what you did." I admit. "I'm also sorry for punching you in the face."
He chuckles to himself, "At least I know you can handle yourself." The bruise on his face was beginning to get better so it gave me a bit of relief. I kissed the bruise and got up. He was shocked but quickly covered it up.
"I guess we should get back to everyone." I begin as he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.
"I think we could spare a few moments." He gives me a boyish grin.
"I'm not kissing you." I lie. I did want to and eventually, I knew I was going to but right now wasn't the time. Well, at least I didn't think when it would happen.
"Why not?" He pouts.
"We don't have time and I am pretty sure more than half of that room thinks I killed you."
"So let them think what they want. I just got you back." I shake my head at him holding back a giggle. I got out of his embrace and just took his hand in mine and dragged him back to the cafeteria.
When we make it back everyone is quietly sitting at their tables. Delilah is obviously angry. Jacob is trying to hold back laughter, while Annabelle is trying to calm Delilah down. But when Milo and I walked in happily it only made Delilah angrier.
"Everyone in your squads and go do morning workouts," Delilah growled over the microphone. Everyone quickly got into their groups and began leaving.
Before I could walk towards my squad Milo pulled me aside kissing my cheek before allowing me to leave. I couldn't hold back the small smile that spread across my face and skipped off to my squad. Who knew I could get like this?
"So I see you two are back together." Lenna giggled quietly in front of me.
"Get quiet. We have to keep focused.' Kenzo rolled his eyes and moved in front of us.
"Who pissed in his cheerios?" Theo chuckled.
~~~~~
5 years ago
"Come on Allonia. You can get a few more out." My dad tells me as I begin to give up at the punching bag.
"I am tired dad. I have work in the morning." I grumble. I hated my so-called job, I don't know what I would have been doing if things were different but it most definitely wouldn't have been working on a farm.
"Just a few more Allonia. You know I won't be able to protect you forever. I would be happy if you took this seriously."
"Nothing is going to change." I roll my eyes, a flash of sadness waved over my dad's green eyes.
I continued punching and kicking this punching bag. I honestly meant what I said. I just hated how defeated my father felt throughout all of this. I guess I was numb to this but no parent wishes for their kids to have to go through this. I was supposed to be in high school right now thinking of boys but instead, I am worried about working. I should have been able to learn how to drive or plan a prom, or have my first boyfriend by now. I guess the world had different plans for me.
I remember my sister crying for days when the massacres started. Little did I know at that age that her best friend, Michael, was amongst those murdered. People had begun rioting because of feeling so trapped. He wanted to be apart of it. Years later Alondra told me everything. The fact that he wrote her a letter before leaving. I guess even at 13 he knew what he was risking. The reason for her crying wasn't only because he was her best friend but it was because he confessed his love to her.
Looking back you can tell that he actually did love my sister. They were inseparable if you saw one of them the other wasn't too far away. She had feelings for him too but it was too late. Shortly after Michael died his family was found and killed. I guess the government took his family out so that it was less of a problem.
With these thoughts crossing my mind I punched the bag harder and harder. I was upset, well more so angry. I don't always allow myself to feel these emotions but I guess fighting brought all of these things out of me. After a few more minutes of fighting, I sat on the floor and allowed myself to relax.
"I think that's enough for today. Go upstairs and get ready for bed." My dad tells me as he helps me get up. I do as I am told and made my way upstairs. My dad stayed downstairs but I could still hear his sniffling. He hated this more than anyone. He just wanted us to be safe, but no one is ever truly safe. I heard my mom make her way into the room.
"Come on James you need some rest." my mom tells my dad.
"Rest isn't going to change the world we live in." He states but regardless he still gets up with my mom and I run upstairs.
~~~~~