Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen
Milo
    After the day was done I went straight home. I refused to go to the cafeteria, I wasn't watching her laugh and smile with whoever that was. What was his name
I took a shower before going to lay in bed. I had the urge to pick up that book. I began reading it where I had left off. It was odd yet intriguing. No one was an individual, all they could do was what their higher-ups told them. I closed the book thinking that was enough for today. It was rough thinking about that. Not even to be able to speak of yourself.
    I went to my kitchen and grabbed a granola bar. Soon I heard a knock on my door. "It's open!" I call in between chews.
    I see Anabelle walk into the room and it made me regret letting her in. Of course she would have told Allonia. "What do you want?" I asked putting down the granola bar on the counter. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at her. Anger was an understatement of what I felt.
    "I just wanted to say I am sorry." She tells me, attempting to walk closer to me as she flutters her eyelashes.
    "Yeah right." I scowled at her. She was far from sorry for the strain she put on Allonia and I's relationship. Well I don't know if you could really call it that because I doubt Allonia will be willing to talk to me.
    "I am. Milo, I didn't mean to upset you." She admits as she tries to run a hand on my arm.
    "Don't Ana you already know how I feel. I don't know why you still try. Especially after what you did." I growl at her.
    "It's not like that girl wants you. She is too busy with Kenzo. You should have come to dinner, you would have seen it with your own eyes." She smirked when she said this.
    "Get out," I mutter and she huffs under her breath. She knows better at this point to not get on my nerves.
"Just don't say I didn't warn you." and with that she walked out and slammed the door. I found myself on the floor of my kitchen with my hands in my hair. What the hell did I get myself into?
~~~~~
1 year ago
After coming home I was in for a load of trouble, but I could care less. I just wanted to stay in bed for as long as humanly possible. Sadly that didn't last long because Raphael barged into my room. Why would I give him a key?
"What Raph?" I groan as I roll over, face down on my pillow.
"What is wrong with you? Continuously going to that town?" He scolds me.
"It's over, I ended it. Now please leave me alone." I admit.
"Then why are you upset?" He asks me as he sits on the edge of my bed.
"Because I left her. She offered to come back with me and I left her." I mutter into the pillow. Why was he here again?
"You really liked her didn't you?" He asked and I finally got up.
"I do," I admit mostly to myself.
"Hey I heard you were back!" Anabelle skipped into my room. "What's wrong Milo? If it's that girl Jacob told me about, I know exactly how to make you feel better."
"Jacob told you?!" I snapped. The last person who needed this information was Anabelle.
"I wanted to know where you kept running off to." She muttered with her head hanging low.
"Just go Ana. He needs a minute." Raphael told her. She automatically went from sad to annoyed. Thankfully she still left after he had asked her. "How did she take it?" He finally asked when he heard the front door shut.
"She was hysterical," I mutter my hands rubbing my face. I couldn't get her face out of my head. Her screaming at me to just leave. I hate myself because of how I hurt her. That was the last thing I wanted to do to her.
"If you two are meant to be you will cross paths again. Get some rest Chief Gam wants us in the morning." Raphael pats my back. "And you need a shower you kind of smell." He jokes and I roll my eyes pushing him out of the room as we both laugh to ourselves.
"Goodbye Raph," I tell him as he waves me off.
"I mean it. Didn't want to say it while you're heartbroken but she won't come back with you smelling like that." Before I could respond he left my house. All I could do was chuckle to myself. But one thing he said was right. If we were meant to be together we will cross paths again.
~~~~~
    I hadn't realized how long I had been sitting here on the ground spaced out. I shouldn't have given up on her so easily. I finally got up and decided to walk to the apartments. What harm could that do? Plus I hadn't eaten anything and quite frankly I didn't feel like making anything. More of an excuse I guess, but this gives me a chance to hopefully run into Allonia. The only time she did say something to me today was when she told me to fuck off. If she was saying it to someone else I probably would have laughed. She was cute when she was annoyed and knowing that even though she has a good swing to leave somewhat of a mark on my face I knew that she didn't have much upper body strength. Which was something we were going to have to work on, as soon as she isn't angry with me.
    When I entered the cafeteria I was greeted by my little sister Luna. She was distracted by the food deciding on what she wanted to eat. Which gave me enough time to figure out a way around her. Now don't get me wrong I love my sister but she can be a bit aggravating at times especially if she knew about everything that went down with me and Allonia. Which, knowing her I already knew that she knew.
    "Avoiding me huh?" Luna smirked when she made her way in front of me. Just my luck. I tried to move away from her but she continued to walk in my way. "I met your girlfriend and guess who is her roommate?" as she said this she gave me a toothy grin making me roll my eyes.
    "What do you want Luna?" I asked her as I placed some fruits on my plate.
    "So she is your girlfriend? Welp you must figure out a way to deal with Kenzo because he is gaining an interest in Allonia." She shrugged ignoring my question.
    "She isn't my girlfriend," I muttered. God why couldn't I have a younger brother? Instead I got a mouthy little sister. She had obvious good intent however she did not know when to just keep her thoughts to herself which meant I was the one to get her out of trouble.
    "So you don't mind that Kenzo is in the picture now? I mean he is rather cute. I need to ask Allonia if she thinks he is cute. He does have that rugged thing going for him. Plus he is more muscular than you are and has more of a tan than you do. Plus he has..."
    "Would you just shut up already?" I growled at her and she just giggled.
    "I must have struck a nerve huh?" She giggles pocking my bicep. I just roll my eyes at her. "Hey! I just wanted to see how you actually felt about her. Especially because she is a catch so if you don't man up and express whatever kind of emotion you have she is going to be gone. Plus you really pissed her off."
    "Don't you think I know this? She is a lot more than what I deserve. Luna I really fucked up. I should have explained from the beginning." I groan as I sit down at one of the tables.
    "You need to just explain to her and show that you aren't the idiot that you are." As soon as the words leave her mouth I glare at her.
    "I'm not an idiot," I mumble as I begin to eat the pasta on my plate.
    "Keep telling yourself that." She shrugs and makes her way out of the cafeteria.
    I finished eating rather quickly and made my way out of the cafeteria and towards my house. Whenever I got home I was greeted by Delilah on my doorstep. When she finally noticed me she got up quickly brushing herself off frantically.
    "Hey Milo." She muttered and I just walk around her to unlock my door. "So you are just going to ignore me?" She questioned as she followed me inside. Does she ever let up?
    "What do you want? I'm not in the best mood." I decided to walk into the kitchen and lean against the counter.
    "I wanted to apologize for my actions in the woods the other day." She mutters.
    "You understand I am the last person you should be apologizing to?"
    "Well Allonia isn't here, is she?" She asked with a confused expression.
    "She is in boot camp for the next two weeks."
    "So Gam let agreed?" I just nod in response. I wanted this conversation to end. I already knew what Delilah's game was, attempt to remove Allonia out of the picture and weasel her way back in. "What happened? I know I messed up but I can usually tell when something is wrong with you."
    "Nothing happened." I lied
    "Really? I know we had a few rough patches but I do still care about you, Milo." She tells me as she begins to walk towards me.
All I could think about was Allonia. Was she with Kenzo? Was she laughing with him, or showing off that gorgeous smile that could make a cold heart melt? God, I am becoming such a sucker. In the midst of my thoughts, Delilah had come pretty close. "I think you should go," I tell her as she pauses. She looks at me for a moment then leaves with a slam of the door.

The following morning I got up and ready to meet at the cafeteria with the recruits. I already knew Delilah had something up her sleeve. She had to, she wouldn't go down without a fight. I already knew that this was going to start a war between the three of us now, even if I didn't want this.
I made my way to the cafeteria and low and behold Delilah was standing there with the others. This is going to be one hell of a day. Not only am I going to have to put up with Allonia and this dip shit I have to deal with Delilah all day. I was already irritated so this was going to just top it all off. I wouldn't even have to fake the whole attitude angry thing today.
When I walked into the cafeteria and I was greeted by Jacob. "What did you do?" HE questioned me as we both walked up to the stage.
"I did nothing, she just popped up." I scowl as I make eye contact with Delilah and from the corner of my eye I see Allonia looking like she was going to murder someone. I don't know who could have been me or Delilah but frankly, I feel as though it was both of us.
I watch as Allonia gets up and storms over to Delilah and before anyone could react her closed fist connects with Delilah's face. Making Delilah fall back on the stage holding her face in shock.