Chapter Thirty

8 Years ago
    "I apologize for coming by in such short notice but we have to talk about Allonia's recent behavior at school." I heard my teacher from the front door.
"What did you do?" Andreus asks me as my eyes go wide. I am screwed, I didn't think Mr. Towson was going to actually come to my house.
"I may have punched someone." I admitted this to my brother. He just chuckles to himself.
"You are joking right?" He asks.
"Allonia Anderson." My mom snaps at me. She comes into the kitchen with my teacher. "Andreus go to your room now."
"I would like to watch this play out." Andreus chuckles as he leans on the table.
"Three... two...." My mom counts.
"I am going." He raises his hands in defeat and jogs up the steps.
"You have some explaining to do young lady." My mom scolds.
"I may have hit another kid, but in my defense he kept bothering me." I explained. It wasn't far from the truth. Jackson had kept bothering me but it wasn't today. His voice and the way that he treats the other girls got under my skin.
"Why would you do that, Allonia? This is why you have teachers." My mother continues. Well I would have if the teacher wasn't his father. Mr. Holland played favorites toward his son even though his son is a little shit. So either it was me or someone else. To be completely honest I shouldn't have been the one to do it. When I say Mr. Holland hates me, he HATES me. Well as much as an adult can hate a child.
"I apologize for my daughter's antics, I will be making sure that she doesn't behave like that again." My mother gives me a sideways glance even though she kept a smile on towards the teacher.
"Well have a good evening Mrs. Anderson. I will see you tomorrow Allonia." He says before leaving with a small smirk. If only I could knock him down a notch or two.
"What am I going to do with you, Allonia." My mother shakes her head at me in disappointment. "You need to learn how to control your temper. You do not have the ability to lash out anymore."
"I know." I grumbled. Regardless I probably wouldn't have been able to punch another person in the face but the repercussions are dier now. If Mr. Holland really wanted to, he could have gone to the officials and got me taken away. And we don't know what that would come to in all honesty.
~~~~~

One Week Later

After the events of last week we haven't seen or heard from Delilah. Word got around the camp rather quickly and it led to the common conclusion that she got away. Either she was gone for good or she is going to get her revenge one way or another. Likely the ladder. I was cleared by the doctor that I could go, my stomach scar is closed now which is good.
After that day Milo and I have barely spoken. Honestly I haven't really spoken to anyone unless I had to. Which was only when we were training to get back my brother and the other children. Milo has let me in on some of the information on the raid. The training consists of many of the new recruits but more so those who have already been a part of their military. Watching some of them in hand to hand combat they are actually really good. Which is good for us and the kids.
    "You're up Allonia." Raphael removes me from my roaming thoughts. My hands were wrapped so that my hands were protected during this fight. I looked up to see Annabelle in front of me. A small smile came onto Annabelle's face.
    "I will go easy on you, sweetheart. I know you are still healing from your wounds." She taunts. I glare at her as we both take our starting positions.
    "Go." Raph tells us. Without a second thought Annabelle lunges for me. She wraps her arms around my neck before I can react. After a few seconds pass, I regain some of my composure. I take my right leg and wrap it behind hers pulling her down. She pulled me down with her but her grip around my neck loosened enough for me to be able to get out of it. I rolled off of her to allow myself to gasp for air before quickly getting up into a fighting position.
    When she gets up I go to kick her in the stomach but she is quick to grab my ankle. However I was quick enough to kick up my other foot and kick her in the face. She quickly drops spitting out a bit of blood from her mouth. "Not bad little miss perfect." She laughs as she wipes away the blood. I turned around to look at Raphael, now Milo was right next to him, a smile beaming on his face. Regardless of how angry I am with him it still made me feel good that he approved.
    "Alright Allonia get some water." Raphael tells me as I get out of the circle. "Luna and Cora you're up."
    I wandered to my bag to get my water and sat there for a minute watching Luna fight. "I knew you could fight but I didn't expect that." Milo walks over next to me.
    "Well what did you expect?" I asked him. I looked at him a lot closer now. His hair was very rugged and his eyes had formed small bags. He has been mostly up with perfecting the plan, I guess it doesn't allow for much sleep.
    "Like you were taught the basics of fighting." Milo shrugs.
    "My dad was a black belt, and he taught my siblings and I after everything happened. I never tried that but nonetheless it worked." I admit. I wasn't the greatest fighter but I was good enough to pass by.
    "Well Annabelle is one of the best here, well amongst the women."
    "Who is the best among the guys?" I guess I already knew the answer, but regardless he answers.
    "Me." He isn't arrogant about it. He said it more so nonchalantly, like it was no big deal.
    "Then let me fight against you." I let it slip.
    "You're crazy. The only reason that you're a part of this is so that you know enough to get by if need be." He looks at me shocked but also a little nervous.
    "What scared a girl is going to beat you?" I cock a smile at him as if I am testing him.
    "No... I... I just don't want to hurt you." He stammers. I have to hold back a giggle, he is scared it's a new look for him but it's cute.
    "Sure." I taunt him. "You just don't want your poor ego bruised." I giggle before walking away.
    "You know what? Let's do it." Milo grumbles. Before I can say anything he shockingly walks over to Raphael. At first Raph laughs at him, before Milo gives him a serious look. Raph just shrugs as he turns to Jacob who is now next to him. Jacob can't hold back any laughter and gets hysterical before running over to me.
    "Are you guys serious?" Jacob comes over as tears of laughter fills his face.
    "I may have taunted him a little." I mumble which makes Jacob laugh more.
    "What did you do Allonia?" Damian asks me when he and Lenna reach Jacob and I.
    "I may or may not have to do a round with Milo."
    "Are you insane? We aren't even supposed to be having matches with them." Damian grumbles pinching the bridge of his nose.
    "We know how she is." Lenna chuckles as she rubs Damian's back soothingly.
    "Well it's too late now." I shrug before Raph calls me over.
    "You understand how ridiculous you are right?" He asks me.
    "Very but it's too late now." I admit. I know I have an error in my ways but it is a little too late now for this.
    "Alright well, Milo isn't one for fighting girls so you have the advantage. Just be careful." He tells me before allowing me in the circle. When I get into the circle I am met with a frowning Milo. I probably shouldn't have egged him on so much that he got this annoyed.
"You can still back out." Milo tells me almost jokingly.
"It's too late plus you can't go easy on your little girlfriend." I crack a smile at him before getting into a fighting stance. "I promise I won't hurt you too bad."
We both go mute when we hear Raphael say 'Go' . Milo watches me intently as we move around the circle waiting for the first person to make the first move. I watch his movements, he is hesitant. I guess I am the one who is going to have to break the ice. I go to swing, trying to connect my fist with his stomach but he stops me grabbing my arm and turning me around so that my back is to his front.
"Come on Allonia, you know that you don't want to do this." He whispers in my ear as I struggle to get out of his hold.
"Not a chance." I pivot my feet to flip him over. Understandably, I don't have enough momentum to actually succeed. I realize that his stance isn't all that stable so I change my position over taking his left leg with my own. He falls to the ground letting go of me. He quickly gets up to his feet. We both go back and forth for a while, one pins the other down and they get out of it.
After a while more of this Raphael stops us. "You two are just going to tire yourselves out." He steps between us both while we pant trying to catch our breaths. We both get out of the circle and I just drop when I get to my things. Milo chuckles as he sits down next to me.
"What are we doing?" Milo asks as he lazily looks into my eyes. His body was drenched in sweat.
"Getting out some much needed frustration." I tell him trying to get my breathing into control.
"I'm sorry for my outburst from last week." He tells me. I am honestly shocked that he apologized, especially because he really hates Kenzo.
"You need to stop letting your temper get the best of you." I point out.
"I will." He looks at me before slowly leaning in towards me.
"You two need to get a room." Luna smirks as she sits in front of us. Milo glares at his sister making me laugh to myself.
"What's up?" I ask her to Milo's dismay.
She shrugs before speaking. "What was all of that about?"
"I bruised his ego a little bit." I joke as milo grimaces.
"Of course you did." Luna giggles. "Anyway Chief Gam wants you Milo. Something about the raid."
"Alright, I will see you both later on." Milo tells us before heading to the chief's building.
"We are in the final stretch. We are gonna get your brother." Luna smiles at me. I give her a weak smile back.
"It's time for everyone to get rounded up." Lenna tells us before we all make our way back towards the stage.
We all stand in a large group in front of the stage. Jacob, Raphael, Ted, and Jessabelle were all standing at the stage with Raphael at the microphone. I somewhat tune him out though, I know I shouldn't but I allow my mind to wander. Maybe iit is purely out of my nerves beginning to rise. We are in the final stretch of things and regardless, whatever happens here on out we can't turn back.

Update: There are only two chapters left in this book. It may be a few months before I do post Animalistic however because of classes and just life, but I will keep updates on my instagram.