Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Not too long later it was our group's turn to go through the course. It was odd to be going outside again. I felt different but I couldn't dwell on that for long. I was on a mission, and I couldn't let my team down. Soon enough we got the go-ahead to begin moving allowing us to get into our formation and begin moving. To begin with, there were a few minor obstacles that we had to jump over or crawl underneath. Gradually the course gets harder.
"Common we will boost you guys up," Theo tells us before we hit a dead end.
Damian went first so that he could lift up the rest of us. Then it was Lenna, Luna, and Ava. I made sure to get busted up last. I watched as Kenzo took a quick glance at me but quickly turned away from me. I will have to talk to him after we are done. I felt like a horrible person but what was I supposed to do, Fake emotions that I don't have for a guy I barely knew? Granted that is sort of what happened with Milo and I but I can't really change the past.
We finally got Theo up over the edge and we continued moving. We stayed in our formation and it lasted for a while. Until we were met with some people with masks. So my plan to protect and surround Ava just failed.
"Ava stay by someone or out of sight," I told her as I went for one of the people. They obviously had weapons while we only had our bare hands. There wasn't anywhere that Ava could hide so she had to stay out in the open. Theo and Kenzo took on the bigger ones while the rest of us took on the smaller ones but what was I kidding none of them were small. For some reason, none of them used their weapons that were obviously on them.
We continued to fight until they began to fall back and we all began sprinting to where we were told the end would be. Just before we reached the end I felt someone grab me from behind covering my mouth so that I couldn't scream. I tried to fight but as quickly as I started a knife was put against my neck. This wasn't part of the obstacle course. I watched in horror as my squad ran into the camp and the border closed.
"Miss me?" I heard my attacker whisper in my ear. Of course it was Quincy but how? Then at some point, everything went black.
~~~~~
11 years ago
    "We interrupt this program, this is not a test. Emergency information is as followed: Due to classified information, everyone is being put into lockdown. No one can leave their homes for a few months because it is necessary for your survival." I watch as the tv continues to beep.
    "Daddy," I whine as I crawl into my dad's lap. I watch Ancel crawl on the floor unaware of what is actually going on.
    "What is going to happen now?" Andreus asked. I guess anyone who would answer.
    "I don't know honey." My mom responds as she begins to start making some calls.
    "Sandra make sure to call your brother, he may know what's going on." My dad calls to my mom as she nodded her head in response.
    "What about food and everything?" Alondra asks as she sits next to Ancel on the floor.
    "That I will find out but you kids don't worry your mother and I will figure this out. You three go upstairs. Put on a movie I will bring up Ancel in a minute." My dad instructed us and the three of us quickly made our way up to our rooms.
    "Why do you think this is happening?" Andreus asked as he put in a DVD in the DVD player.
    "How would I know?" Alondra rolls her eyes.
    "Well, you are the smart one." Andreus shrugs.
    "Well, I know just as much as you do doofus," Alondra responds.
    "Can you two not fight. I'm scared." I whimpered. My siblings both sandwich me in between them and hug me closely.
    "Nothing will happen to us as long as we are all together," Alondra tells me with her cheek on the top of my head. In the midst of it, all Ancel was clapping his hands and muttering gibberish smiling at the tv.
    "See Ancel is fine." Andreus chuckles. I just smiled to myself as we made ourselves comfortable in our mini fort that we made in between Alondra and I's beds.
~~~~~

When I woke up I was tied to a metal chair. I could feel dried blood from my nose and my nose was throbbing. Great, someone decided to punch me in the face. I roll my eyes at the thought. Cheap shot. I look around at my surroundings. It was a very dark and musty room. I could smell hints of mildew so I had to be in a basement.
How did Quincy find me? He couldn't have followed us after Mag helped us. I tried to move around but it only made the restraints tighter, or at least made it feel like they were getting tighter. It wouldn't be much use if I break my wrists or ankles anyway.
I squint as I try and see what is around me in the dark. Which was no use because it was pitch black until someone opened a door. I saw many weapons on a table in front of me. I heard the footsteps come towards me.
"Our lovely guest is awake finally." Quincy smiled.
"Who the hell punched me in the face?" I growl.
"Someone you must have pissed off." I hear a familiar voice. I look over to see that it was Delilah, that bitch.
"Untie me already!" I snap, "Let's finish what we started."
"And waste my time? I think not." She smirks at me. "I can't get my hands dirty, especially with Milo needing a shoulder to cry on."
"Leave him out of this," I growl at her. If only I could wipe the smirk off of her stupid face.
"Feisty." She giggles to herself. "Now let's have some fun?" She proceeded to pick up one of the items on the table. I didn't know what she grabbed until I felt electricity go through my body. She only did it for a few seconds before Quincy stopped her.
"We can't kill her. Boss wants her alive." He explains to her.
"What fun is that? I only came to get rid of her." She shrugs as she gets a hot rod, and sticks it into my side. This made me scream in pain, but there was no way that I would cry. I will not let her get the satisfaction of being able to do that.
"What do you even want?" I ask after I suck in a breath of air before she sticks me with the rod into my other side.
"I want Milo to forget about you but that isn't going to happen so next best thing." She shrugs and finds something else to hurt me with.

At some point, I became numb to the pain and my thoughts began to wander. At some point, Delilah gave up on the torture methods. I don't know if it was so that she didn't kill me, if she had to leave, or if she just got bored. I thought about my family hoping that they are all okay. My mind ran to thoughts of Milo. I hope he is alright and isn't panicking, or worse. His people need him more than I do right now. Especially because Delilah is helping the government.
Sweat beaded down my face. It was hot and humid in here and it didn't help that Delilah decided to abuse her power. I felt that the rope was loosened. I was in and out of consciousness in the midst of the torture. She went from the hot rods, the taser, to attempting to drown me. She enjoyed it all way too much.
My body felt weak so I don't know how I got out of the rope. Or did I even get myself out of it? I am in a horrible daze at the moment. My body is moving but I don't feel like I am moving with it. However I still somehow made it outside.
"You have to run." The voice slurs. I don't know if they were actually slurring their words or if it was my brain not being able to clearly comprehend their words. However I still ran well more like jogged or limped. I'm not completely sure because my body was still in immense pain but I had to keep moving because honestly, Delilah would have killed me if she had a chance. My goal was to just keep going straight as best as I could. I can't get lost that way because all I did was go straight.
Somewhere down the line, I did stop somewhere. It sounded like I was by a river. I am going to backtrack and to be honest, I did not stop, I dropped. My body gave up on me. Please don't let me die here, or like this. Let me get my brother then take me that is all I ask. Then it all goes black.

Author's note: I am sorry for the cliff hanger, but you guys will have to wait until next week for chapter 20. I am working on different things so that I can set up for book 2. I may end this book at chapter 30 or 35 depends on how things go but I will post these next chapters gradually so that I can post a few good chapters of the next book, and not that you guys are waiting forever for it. As soon as this book is done the next book should be up the following week. I may change the updates for that book to on Saturdays because I start working again in a week. We will see how everything goes. Bye guys!