The Why and the Reason

Steve walked into the room where Tony and Victoria were. He saw them standing and he walked to the railing. Seeing that Victoria was almost asleep and unresponsive, Steve decided to ask Tony something.

"Do we know if he had anyone?" Steve asked.

"There was a... cellist, I think." Tony said.

"He seemed like a good man." Steve said.

"He was an idiot, he shouldn't have taken on Loki alone, he should have waited." Tony said.

"For doing what he thought was right?" Steve asked.

Tony looked down at Victoria. Her eyes were closed and her hands loosened on his.

"Is this the first time that you lost a soldier?-" Steve said.

"We are not soldiers!" Tony said with an intense determination.

Victoria stirred and she woke up.

"Sorry baby, I just lost control for a moment." Tony said.

"No, it's fine. I should be awake anyway." Victoria said.

Steve looked down and then looked back up.

"Okay well what does this mean? What was Loki's purpose? To separate us?" Steve said.

"Maybe to get us out of the way." Victoria said.

"Well, what do we know so far?" Steve asked.

"We know that he needs a pure energy source to power the Tesseract." Victoria said.

"Okay, what do we know about Loki?" Steve asked.

"We know that he's going to make his move. Tonight's opening night and Loki's a full tail diva, he wants flowers, a parade, he wants a monument built in the sky with his name plaster-" Tony paused.

Steve and Victoria connected the dots and looked at Tony.

"Son of a-" Tony got interupted by Victoria.

"Come on Tony let's go!" Victoria said.

She walked quickly down the stairs and Tony followed right behind her. Steve followed both of them out.

"What's are move?" Steve asked.

"Well now we know that Loki is using the arc reactor of Stark Tower to power the Tesseract. That means that we have to get to New York and shut it down as soon as possible." Victoria said.

"What if it is already up and running?" Steve asked.

"I'll keep him busy for as long as I can until you guys arrive." Tony said.

They walked down the hall to the lab and to the place where Steve's outfit was. Tony stopped Victoria in the hall.

"I want you to stay here, where it is safe." Tony said.

"What? Tony my power will be really helpful out there." Victoria said.

"You have broken ribs and a failing heart. I want you to stay here." Tony concluded.

"I will just come anyway you know." Victoria said.

Tony sighed and put his hand on his face.

"Fine, but I want you to be careful. You did add that extra layer of your shielding system to your suit right?" Tony asked.

"Yes I did." Victoria replied.

"Okay, I want you to come with Cap. I don't want you to fly all the way to New York." Tony said.